Home Theater System For PS3/Small Room? ($200-300?)

ChernobylCow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
I'm looking to get a home theater system to take advantage of my PS3 and Blu-rays. I have a Logitech G51 for my PC which I really enjoy which led me to think I might want a Logitech Z-5500 which gets pretty good reviews across the board. Except that the subwoofer sounds...scary...I read a review of a guy whose deaf neighbor called the police because it was knocking pictures off her walls.

My...
HD-TV: Samsung LN32A450 32 Inch 720p
PS3
PS2 (sometimes)
Room size: 10x14 approx (it's small)
Preferred Price Range: $200-300

I hear good things about the Onkyo line like Onkyo 3100 etc. I really enjoy my Logitech G51 for it's ease of set-up. Just wondering what kinda set-ups some of you CAGs have.

I got some cool games coming in and I'd like to really experience them with some surround sound. Ya know.

Edit/Update: I guess I'd be looking for a 5.1 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't get the Z5500, I purchased it from all the recommendations from this site, and yes, they are very high quality, BUT, they do not have any sort of bass/treb equalizer. They are meant for a computer so you can fix it that way, but if you're hooking it to a TV all you have is the volume for each (surround, center, and sub).

bread's done
Back