Homefront Xbox 360/PS3 Amazon.com $10 Promotional Credit

Stinker101

CAGiversary!
Amazon.com is now offering a $10 Promotional Credit on Homefront for PS3 and Xbox 360. Current Price 59.99

Order "Homefront," for PS3 or Xbox 360, and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Xbox 360

http://www.amazon.com/Homefront-Xbo..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295223959&sr=1-1

PS3

http://www.amazon.com/Homefront-Xbo..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295223959&sr=1-1

This is my most anticipated title of they year besides Battlefield 3 and the new COD. Ill just wait until we have some reviews in and they offer day one delivery.

Nice. Thanks OP. I'm really hoping this game is going to live up to expectations. I'm dying for an FPS alternative. I'm beginning to grow tired of CoD:BO and BF:BC2.

I was in the beta, didnt impress me very much. I may pick it up down the road for the campaign (if its any good) but the MP didnt do anything for me.

I am looking forward to this game, but what's with these weak $10 promotions? Amazon, I want my $20 promotions! Sigh....

[quote name='ral1121']This is my most anticipated title of they year besides Battlefield 3 and the new COD. Ill just wait until we have some reviews in and they offer day one delivery.[/QUOTE]

really? That's surprising. it's too bad you missed out on gohasting.com's mistake when they had it for $29.99 and honored it. I only got LA Noire that night, but this game looks more and more promising.

[quote name='ssjmichael']really? That's surprising. it's too bad you missed out on gohasting.com's mistake when they had it for $29.99 and honored it. I only got LA Noire that night, but this game looks more and more promising.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the $30 deal for Homefront was only for the PS3. I would've jumped on it if it was for the 360. I got LA Noire though!

A side note for those who want the game on the PS3: there will be timed exclusive DLC for the 360. This may or may not impact your decision to purchase at launch for the PS3.

Too bad there's no release day shipping for it. Also :( i missed out on the gohastings deal, this is the first I'm hearing about it.

I wonder if people are going to abandon Homefront a month after release like they did Frontlines. Frontlines was a solid multiplayer game too. Damn shame.

It's always a gamble to pay full price with with any online multiplayer game that isn't COD/Halo. Look at the utter failure of MOH and BC2: Vietnam...no one is online. Half-full servers. Unbalanced teams. Too many online games and too few players to keep them alive. I'm hoping Homefront can keep a community...at least on the 360. The PS3 version is guaranteed to be a ghost town a few weeks after launch.

[quote name='ssjmichael']really? That's surprising. it's too bad you missed out on gohasting.com's mistake when they had it for $29.99 and honored it. I only got LA Noire that night, but this game looks more and more promising.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I didn't know anything about Homefront, but LA Noire looks amazing. GH redeemed themselves by honoring that price mistake.

[quote name='heybtbm']I wonder if people are going to abandon Homefront a month after release like they did Frontlines. Frontlines was a solid multiplayer game too. Damn shame.

It's always a gamble to pay full price with with any online multiplayer game that isn't COD/Halo. Look at the utter failure of MOH and BC2: Vietnam...no one is online. Half-full servers. Unbalanced teams. Too many online games and too few players to keep them alive. I'm hoping Homefront can keep a community...at least on the 360. The PS3 version is guaranteed to be a ghost town a few weeks after launch.[/QUOTE]
It's guaranteed to be a ghost town on the 360 as well. Any game not named CoD is decimated weeks after launch. Hell, Halo Reach's population saw a significant decrease weeks after launch as well (and splintered even more with the release of a map pack).

Yeah I was lucky enough to take apart in that. Got LA Noire and Homefront. Unfortunately, the PS3 version was the only one for sale so I'll just have to switch it up at Walmart... :D

[quote name='jackdoe']It's guaranteed to be a ghost town on the 360 as well. Any game not named CoD is decimated weeks after launch. Hell, Halo Reach's population saw a significant decrease weeks after launch as well (and splintered even more with the release of a map pack).[/QUOTE]

No, not really.

Games do have a sustain community, enough to play.

And to the dude that said they abonded Frontlines, that was a while back. There was a smaller console base but now it is all good. They have been promoted pretty heavily, so im pretty sure there will be a good sized community. Sure, not COD level but a good enough one.

Still cannot decide on getting this game. Would really like to see THQ support this game and keep it alive. Tired of the COD series games... Looking for something fresh and new!

This is a game i MUST have exclusive content for so i will hold off on it. I only felt this way towards about 5 games in a few years and this is one of them.

Am I missing something here? I was under the impression that this game was distinctly underwhelming in terms of gameplay and presentation. What I've read seemed to imply it was destined to be another flawed and middling FPS. Plus: the THQ extended crunch period stories. Sorry, developers, don't wanna support that kind of company.

they honored the mistake on Homefront?

really?
cause my order seems to have disappeared...like poof...not there anymore.

i log into my gohastings account and the order i had on it is not there anymore.

They did not honor mine

[quote name='jollydwarf']Am I missing something here? I was under the impression that this game was distinctly underwhelming in terms of gameplay and presentation. What I've read seemed to imply it was destined to be another flawed and middling FPS. Plus: the THQ extended crunch period stories. Sorry, developers, don't wanna support that kind of company.[/QUOTE]

Yup you are missing something :)

Hey, I have no problem being wrong. I know that's not the expected reaction on a gaming message board, but I have no agenda here. Haven't since the 'halcyon' Wii "Slim Pickins" days of 2007. (Nostalgic sigh)

Single player looks cool, but online will be a ghost town after everyone gets their achievements. Unfortunately, the vacuum created by COD and Halo obliterates any other first-person shooter's online community.

nah, battlefield players like me are loyal as hell. battlefield 1943 ps3 was bangin' (and is still hella active). the battlefield play4free pc beta that i'm in is awesome, and we're all all hoping for battlefield 3 this fall. bad company 2 sucks, but that's about it. however, i hear the vietnam dlc is actually good. makes me wish i hadn't traded bc2 ultimate to amazon for $30. dice is my favorite multiplayer fps developer.

but yeah, homefront is probably doomed lol.

bread's done
Back