Hooray for insurance companies! $300 check coming my way this week!

VanillaGorilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
In November of last year, I was involved in a car accident which was completely not my fault. I suffered 2 degenerated vertebraes in my back, and was put out of commission for a while (not nearly as long as the guy who hit me, he died). Anyways, in July, my back went out again, causing me to miss 12 days of work. After various legal formalities and such, I am finally getting my lost wages check in the mail this week: $300! The only question now is, what should I blow it on? In the last couple weeks and months, I have been paying off all my bills and other such things, so that when I got this check, I could blow it all. I'm thinking I might just make the near hour long drive to Toys R Us and take advantage of their B2G1Free deal. Any game suggestions? I would by Far Cry Instincts, but my cousin bought it, and will always let me borrow it.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla'](not nearly as long as the guy who hit me, he died). [/QUOTE]

What the hell? At least show some respect for the man WHO DIED in an accident you were involved in.

[quote name='Deadpool']You blew out your back and only got $300?! fuck insurance companies!!![/QUOTE]
No, this is just for the 2 weeks+ in July in which I missed work. The insurance company reimbursed me for the lost wages. The entire settlement thing will be substantially larger.

And to the guy who said I have no remorse, you're right. My car died at a stoplight, a RED light, he wasn't paying attention, bashed into me, sending me across the intersection. I have no remorse for someone who could have killed me.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Xbox 360 money?[/QUOTE]
I'll put another $100 of it into the GameStop 360 fund, but I need games to play to keep me interested until the 360 comes out. I've already got something like $450 saved up for the 360 and the 4 games I have on pre-order.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']No, this is just for the 2 weeks+ in July in which I missed work. The insurance company reimbursed me for the lost wages. The entire settlement thing will be substantially larger.

And to the guy who said I have no remorse, you're right. My car died at a stoplight, a RED light, he wasn't paying attention, bashed into me, sending me across the intersection. I have no remorse for someone who could have killed me.[/QUOTE]

wow your an ASS, your car died at the stop light (very rare) and you exspect someone to notice that? and then they die, and you say no remorse because he could havwe killed you, well when you buy that NEW XBOX 360 hopefully the CD Drive DIES on you :)

[quote name='DealsRus']wow your an ASS, your car died at the stop light (very rare) and you exspect someone to notice that? and then they die, and you say no remorse because he could havwe killed you, well when you buy that NEW XBOX 360 hopefully the CD Drive DIES on you :)[/QUOTE]

Slow down, hotshot.

It was a red light anyway, unless I misunderstand. The guy just slammed into him as he was waiting at a red light. Definately the other guys fault for not seeing the car or the red light. But that was a pretty flippant way to talk about someone who died... be thankful!

fuck the insurance companies, they can all go fucking burn in fucking hell for all i care. A nun (who can burn in hell with the insurance companies) fucking totals my car and getting money out of them is like trying to fuck a prude, then i tap a lady in a yukon and theres no damage, and they seem to be like a motherfucking charity. Funny thing is I appealed (which I won) and they said in their statement it was likely the damage was not caused by me. WTF, if it was not caused by me then why the fuck did you give that frosty old cunt money???

[quote name='DealsRus']wow your an ASS, your car died at the stop light (very rare) and you exspect someone to notice that? and then they die, and you say no remorse because he could havwe killed you, well when you buy that NEW XBOX 360 hopefully the CD Drive DIES on you :)[/QUOTE]
Well, when a light is RED, shouldn't someone be in the process of slowing down, and not going 55-60 miles per hour like this guy was? And yes, when a light is red, I expect the driver behind me to see the light, and think to himself "Red means stop, so I should at least slow down". Someone that dangerous behind the wheel could have done a lot more damage. He could have pushed my car onto the sidewalk, which could have injured or killed many people. So, someone who drives recklessly and dies in the process deserves no sympathy from me, when they themselves have no care for their own well being or the well being of others.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Well, when a light is RED, shouldn't someone be in the process of slowing down, and not going 55-60 miles per hour like this guy was? And yes, when a light is red, I expect the driver behind me to see the light, and think to himself "Red means stop, so I should at least slow down". Someone that dangerous behind the wheel could have done a lot more damage. He could have pushed my car onto the sidewalk, which could have injured or killed many people. So, someone who drives recklessly and dies in the process deserves no sympathy from me, when they themselves have no care for their own well being or the well being of others.[/QUOTE]

And so how are you so positive that this person wasn't trying to stop? How are you so sure that he had no regards for his own life just because he hit you? Are you so positive that he didn't have a car malfunction (such as the brakes giving out)? Was he drunk? How do you know anything about this guy other than "he's dead now he hit me"? He could have been an upstanding citizen who made a simple mistake and paid the ultimate price.

Maybe you should take your $300 and spend it on some classes that will teach you how not to be such an asshole so you can learn how to respect the dead.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Well, when a light is RED, shouldn't someone be in the process of slowing down, and not going 55-60 miles per hour like this guy was? And yes, when a light is red, I expect the driver behind me to see the light, and think to himself "Red means stop, so I should at least slow down". Someone that dangerous behind the wheel could have done a lot more damage. He could have pushed my car onto the sidewalk, which could have injured or killed many people. So, someone who drives recklessly and dies in the process deserves no sympathy from me, when they themselves have no care for their own well being or the well being of others.[/QUOTE]

We've all had momentary lapses of judgement, and I'm sure most people remember a time where they didn't see the red light (either it was newly placed, they were in a strange area and the area didn't seem like a normal place for a light, they were trying to figure out where to go etc.). I understand the reasoning for not caring, but it just seems callous to me. Unless you believe he intentionally hit you or endangered you, I don't understand why you wouldn't show any concern. A person is a lot more than a momentary lapse in judgement, or even their driving ability itself. I know some very good people who suck at driving (one of them even hit a parked cop car, while the cop was in it). Again, if there was reason to believe it was intentional then that's something else.

Though, from my own experience, I almost rammed someone going 60 miles an hour on the highway once. I was going 70 (in a 65), and it was one of the instances were there was a traffic jam ahead but behind it traffic was full speed. I hit my break, and my car slowly creeps down, after about 4 or 5 seconds it was only down to 60 and I figured "I'm going into this guy", suddenly my car started shaking, my breaks sounded like rocks were turning, and my car stopped within inches of the car in front.

[quote name='mtxbass1']And so how are you so positive that this person wasn't trying to stop? How are you so sure that he had no regards for his own life just because he hit you? Are you so positive that he didn't have a car malfunction (such as the brakes giving out)? Was he drunk? How do you know anything about this guy other than "he's dead now he hit me"? He could have been an upstanding citizen who made a simple mistake and paid the ultimate price.

Maybe you should take your $300 and spend it on some classes that will teach you how not to be such an asshole so you can learn how to respect the dead.[/QUOTE]
1. 3 different eyewitnesses behind the guy said his brakelights never even turned on. Therefore, he wasn't going from 70 down to 60 down to 55. He wasn't making an effort to stop.

2. The police cited him at the scene for inattentive driving. He died 3 days later from complications from the accident. If he was making an effort to NOT hit me, the police wouldn't have given him the citation.

3. Can we be a little more oversensitive around here? How am I supposed to act towards someone who could have made ME pay "the ultimate price".

[quote name='mtxbass1']And so how are you so positive that this person wasn't trying to stop? How are you so sure that he had no regards for his own life just because he hit you? Are you so positive that he didn't have a car malfunction (such as the brakes giving out)? Was he drunk? How do you know anything about this guy other than "he's dead now he hit me"? He could have been an upstanding citizen who made a simple mistake and paid the ultimate price.

Maybe you should take your $300 and spend it on some classes that will teach you how not to be such an asshole so you can learn how to respect the dead.[/QUOTE]

Yea... because drunk drivers deserve sympathy.... :puke:

I'm not surprised by VG comments about the guy who died. VG has always come across as an obnoxious jerk on these boards and given the situation his reaction is not surprising. That's not to say that I dislike VG or anything, it's just his persona. I wouldn't expect any sort of compassion in a VG post.

Oh, and just save the money for 360 stuff. It's going to get expensive once you start buying games.

[quote name='Kayden']Yea... because drunk drivers deserve sympathy.... :puke:[/QUOTE]
It was a rhetorical question Kayden. Did you even read the other questions as well?

Did I say he should give the possible drunk sympathy? No. It sounded to me like he didn't know all the facts about this man before he simply passed judgement on him. I have no sympathy for drunk drivers at all.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It was a rhetorical question Kayden. Did you even read the other questions as well?

Did I say he should give the possible drunk sympathy? No. It sounded to me like he didn't know all the facts about this man before he simply passed judgement on him. I have no sympathy for drunk drivers at all.[/QUOTE]

You were astricizing him for being calous and then you were questioning other factors. You gave the impression you were listing things that should make him feel bad for the driver. Being drunk isn't really a good excuse for anything.

So if the car ahead of you isn't moving, it's ok to ram them?

If somebody made a big mistake like that and caused me possibly permanent physical damage I would have no sympathy either. It's just one of those things.

[quote name='Deadpool']$300 for 2 weeks+?! fuck insurance companies! :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe the more appropriate comment would be.....$300 for 2 weeks? fuck your job! :lol:

omg, what a bunch of panty waste's on here. i dont give a shit how he said it, thats the problem on this site, too many people get offended, quit thrashing the threads with your crying. i think cheapy d should make a thread for this, now can we help this guy spend his money. i say yard sales. btw vg screw these babys on here dont defend yourself, they werent there, and from a fellow cag that has chronic back pain, theres day i wish i was dead

I'm on VG's side here, the driver hit him and caused his body irrepairable damage and changed his life for the worse through no fault of his own, and yet you want him to feel sorry for the guy that hit him? I don't get it. Had he been drunk no one would've blinked an eye. Had he ruptured two vertebrae of a toddler, standing on the sidewalk, no one would've spared a tear for that driver.

On the other hand, as usual, I see Shipwreck's point as well.

I agree. If it was true and the guy did not slow down and hit you, how can you feel bad for that? Its darwinism working like it should. The only thing that throws me off is thatyou're car died at a red light...does that even matter? If you were stopped at a stop light, and you're car just turned off, it wouldn't have made a difference. What if the light turned green and he was assuming you were going to progress? Even then, witness' claimed they did not see him break and it was a red light...

$300 for 2 weeks? Where do you work, Mcdonalds 20 hours a week?

[quote name='DealsRus']your car died at the stop light (very rare) and you exspect someone to notice that?[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I drive through stopped cars all the time!

Wait, that's on Burnout Revenge.

I'm a bit weird about this deal. On the one hand, I wouldn't feel bad at all, the guy wasn't paying attention. On the other, he was a decent human being, i'm sure, and that's sad and all.. but seriously, driving isn't a game, pay attention..

hay guyz my welfare check came in the mail, gonna post a thread about it in bragging rights, cant wait for that 360~ lolz

The OP probably mentioned that his car was dead to curb any questions about why he didn't try to get out of the car's way.

If the story is as VG says, I can't say I feel remorse for the man who hit him. Don't drive like an ass. But, I do feel remorse for his family, unforeseen deaths are always the worst to experience.

I think all the bagging on VG is a tad childish. Driving isn't a game, being inattentive could eventually get you killed, and for this man it did.

VG...you did indeed almost pay the price. I'm glad that you are here and not in a hole in the ground because some jerk (RIP) did not slow down at a freaking red light. Same fucking thing happened to me - jerk off hit me and almost killed my then girlfriend at an intersection as I was STOPPED.
fucking scary.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Maybe you should take your $300 and spend it on some classes that will teach you how not to be such an asshole so you can learn how to respect the dead.[/QUOTE]

lmao, I had to stop reading the thread right here... "Alright, welcome to Assholes Anonymous. Today's topic: Respecting the dead". Seriously, what the fuck kind of classes are offered at your college? lol

Anyway, I have a feeling I'd be like the OP in this case... jackass didn't stop, that's his own damn fault. If he was driving drunk, I'm glad that there's one less dumbass in the world, and for once the drunk driver was killed instead of an innocent victim.

So why the heck is the OP excited about $300 when the forthcoming settlement should dwarf that easily? Two degenerated vertebrae should equal thousands. Why even bother posting about a measley $300?

I don't think many of the posters here on CheapAssGamer.com have the ethical groundings to berate the OP.

I'd lock this thread.

Ha ha.

[quote name='gizmogc']
$300 for 2 weeks? Where do you work, Mcdonalds 20 hours a week?[/QUOTE]

I worked at sears once. Got paid every other week at 7.25 an hour. Worked usually 16-24 hours a week and each paycheck (two weeks of work) came in at around 120-160 normally.

bread's done
Back