Hooray, I finally maxed out GGT #33's Social Link!

[quote name='dallow']Should have been about UT3 PS3.
Game of the Forever.[/QUOTE]
I was just thinking this! I can't wait till we all play together!

[quote name='distgfx']Since when did everybody start loving UT3?[/QUOTE]
When it became cheap enough that everyone would play it.

how does he live with himself? I wonder if TMK takes a shower everytime after playing the 360 to cleanse the dirty american filth.

Singularity is a really good game.

[quote name='jer7583']how does he live with himself? [/QUOTE]

We'll be asking the same of you when your gamercard if full of Skittlez and jumping whitewater rafts starting 11/4/2010

There's plenty of non FPS games out there.

The only problem is that most games FPS or not, are not worth it.

Roommates suck, but so does paying rent yourself... hmm.

Funny thing is he left second semester and I had to pay for a private room afterwards anyway, I got double-fucked.

Also don't worry Chac I dropped out.

[quote name='Chacrana']Having a private room = better, regardless of cost. I mean, let's be real.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree, some of my best friends are the dudes I shared an apartment with in college.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I completely disagree, some of my best friends are the dudes I shared an apartment with in college.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. One of the worst people I've ever met was the dude I had to share a dorm with in college.

Agree to disagree!

I guess it just depends on your personality. I know that I would hate living by myself and spending my college years like I wasn't in college.

You can kinda tell from someone's online persona if they were (or would / will be) a single room or roommate kinda guy. For example, I'd be willing to bet that seanr1221 and jer were roommate guys, while TMK and Dallow were not.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I guess it just depends on your personality. I know that I would hate living by myself and spending my college years like I wasn't in college.

You can kinda tell from someone's online persona if they were (or would / will be) a single room or roommate kinda guy. For example, I'd be willing to bet that seanr1221 and jer were roommate guys, while TMK and Dallow were not.[/QUOTE]

Eh? Define this please.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I guess it just depends on your personality. I know that I would hate living by myself and spending my college years like I wasn't in college.

You can kinda tell from someone's online persona if they were (or would / will be) a single room or roommate kinda guy. For example, I'd be willing to bet that seanr1221 and jer were roommate guys, while TMK and Dallow were not.[/QUOTE]

Whaadddyyouuu sayin' I'm a ffffreeaaak?

Nah, I'm cool livin' with other people, but I hate the idea of sharing a single room with some random dude. Cuz you know what? I don't like listening to showtunes and watching Star Trek, so goddamn it, Scott, I'm not going to put up with your fucking shit anymore.

I'm surprised I didn't kill him :whistle2:/

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Eh I could never move in with random roomates, I'm wayyy too particular. Moving in with my GF in September and starting school in LA.[/QUOTE]

Starting school? The fugg? What kind of school?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Living by yourself or commuting.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were implying that living by yourself isn't the college experience.

[quote name='distgfx']I thought you were implying that living by yourself isn't the college experience.[/QUOTE]

I am implying that.

I'm not trying to come off as holier than though or anything... just saying that in my opinion, a huge part of going to college is the social experience. I think that it is difficult to get the same experience if you live by yourself. I never lived in a dorm, but rather in an on-campus apartment and I loved it. Were my roommates perfect? No... but no one is. College was some of the best years (if not THE best) and I know I will continue to look fondly on them, and stay in touch with the friends I made, until I'm six feet under.

Just my feelings on it, you guys are more than welcome to disagree.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I am implying that.

I'm not trying to come off as holier than though or anything... just saying that in my opinion, a huge part of going to college is the social experience. I think that it is difficult to get the same experience if you live by yourself. I never lived in a dorm, but rather in an on-campus apartment and I loved it. Were my roommates perfect? No... but no one is. College was some of the best years (if not THE best) and I know I will continue to look fondly on them, and stay in touch with the friends I made, until I'm six feet under.

Just my feelings on it, you guys are more than welcome to disagree.[/QUOTE]

I feel you can still get the social experience even if you live alone, but hey, that's just me.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Everyone should just drop out of school/quit their jobs and become carnies with me[/QUOTE]

Need this to be on this page

About to move into my first apartment with a couple of roommates this coming month. You can get the "college experience" living by yourself just fine, but if you're the type that needs that peer pressure to get your party on, then living with others is a great way to meet other groups of people more easily.

I met my roommates in the dorms last year, and now I'm looking forward to a great semester. But I don't think badly about anyone who likes a more quiet or reserved lifestyle. The college experience isn't defined (or shouldn't be) as having a wild time -- it's about living away from home, trying new things, and learning about yourself in the process.

You meet a lot of cool gamers too. If it weren't for dorms I would have never discovered the competitive appeal of fighting games =D

Yeah, Jimbos right. I hated when no one was around in college. The year my fiends and I had an apartment was great.

At one point, all three had gfs except me. Some Friday nights I'd come back to an empty place and just play CoD4. It suuuuuucked.

Hey Dallow, way to ignore my news of a new tv :nottalking:

I have to be at an out of town wedding all weekend... All I want to do is play more starcraft.

Damn you real life getting in the way of my relaxing.

bread's done
Back