Hori Classic Controller (Wii)

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
WIIHORICONTROLWHITE2.jpg

Does anyone have this or know if it's as good as the wavebirds and if it includes rumble? I think Play-Asia is selling these in 3 colors: white, black, and blue.

I don't see the point of this controller unless it isn't really a "Classic Controller" and is instead a Gamecube Controller. Actually, even then I don't get it because the button layout isn't the same as a Gamecube Controller and so it's not going to be ideal for Gamecube games either. So it's imperfect as a Gamecube controller and the stick layout is going to be pretty god damn terrible for classic games which use the digital pad. I can't see what this controller is going to be good for at all. I suppose it will be OK for N64 games - I guess for those it is better then a Gamecube controller, but perhaps not better then a regular Classic Controller. It seems like a colossal mistake all around. I'll pass.

It looks like they tried to combine the best of the Wavebird and the Classic Controller and the result doesn't look so good.

If it's wireless and doesn't require a GameCube port dongle, I'd be tempted. I've avoided anything with GC controllers because I don't want to run cords across my living room.

--R.J.

the one positive of this controller is the use of the joystick over d-pad when playing virtual console or wiiware games. additionally, the comfort of the z1 and z2 buttons, which are stacked on top of another rather then how the classic controller is placed across from each other.

[quote name='kevlar51']This would be really good for Geometry Wars Galaxies if indeed it is a classic controller. That's about it though.[/quote]

Naw...the notches in the housing around the sticks kill that notion. The best controller for Geometry Wars by FAR is the Nyko Wing, wireless or wired. There are no grooves/notches around the analogs so you can sweep properly without being locked into 8-ways.:bouncy:

well being someone who hates the Gamecube controller, I actually think the button layout on this looks good.

If they had just swapped the left analog stick and the digital pad (and given it a decent digital pad), all would have been well. They should have made it a bigger and better classic controller. They shouldn't have tried to make it similar, but not entirely like, the Gamecube controller. I really can't see what the point of that was if they weren't going to also make the button layout the same as the Gamecube controller (not that that would have been great, but going only half way is even worse). It's just weird. There's some good things in there, but really bad stuff too. Overall still a disaster.

bread's done
Back