Hori Fighting Stick 3 FS3 for PS3 - back down to $29.99 at GS

xx2541

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I just picked up the Hori FS3 stick for PS3 at Gamestop. The price has universally dropped back down to $29.99 from $39.99 (which dropped from $59.99 when this stick launched).

The Gamestop SKU for this stick is : 802608

Good Luck! :)

[quote name='ultramanJ'] Further still, all of these sticks you see being sold as "new" at Gamestop are actually used sticks that were returned. [/quote]

So true, I bought an vf edition ex2 for the 360, and the usb cord was gnarled, there was no sticker sheet, and the whole pad was filthy, so I dragged it back in and made the fool get me another one out of the stock room (rest room), which looked new, at least to me. GS will sell you anything, jeez.

Oh, and I use this stick often on my ps3. I'd recommend it.

I really don't understand why people piss all over this and the EX2. It's not like they are some really shitty $10 plastic piece of shit like the old Nuby sticks or the universal ones from last gen.

True, they are not real arcade parts or even arcade quality, but they're close to the latter, and good for most people who want something better than the miserable d-pads on both the :360: and :ps3: controllers, without blowing $100+ on an advanced stick.

[quote name='ddp72984']is the wii one on sale too?[/quote]

No, but you can get them on ebay for about 29.99 with free shipping on the right day.

[quote name='Ronin317']I really don't understand why people piss all over this and the EX2. It's not like they are some really shitty $10 plastic piece of shit like the old Nuby sticks or the universal ones from last gen.

True, they are not real arcade parts or even arcade quality, but they're close to the latter, and good for most people who want something better than the miserable d-pads on both the :360: and :ps3: controllers, without blowing $100+ on an advanced stick.[/quote]

True that, man! For $30, I'm enjoying it and will continue to use it up to the day I receive my Madcatz SFIV TE stick. I thought $30 was a great deal for the fight stick.
On another note, I also bought the Wii Fight Stick (for Tatsunoko Vs Capcom) and think that $30 shipped (from ebay) is one hell of a good deal. No regrets on either purchase.

is anyone having any luck in the New York area. I have called teh gamestops that allegedly have it, but they say they do not when i call

[quote name='xx2541']I just picked up the Hori FS3 stick for PS3 at Gamestop. The price has universally dropped back down to $29.99 from $39.99 (which dropped from $59.99 when this stick launched).

The Gamestop SKU for this stick is : 802608

Good Luck! :)[/quote]

Cool!!

can anyone help me with searching on GS's site? I want to look at 360 EX2 sticks but it doesn't show up cuz its out of stock, but I need the SKUs so I can get to the page and find it locally

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']can anyone help me with searching on GS's site? I want to look at 360 EX2 sticks but it doesn't show up cuz its out of stock, but I need the SKUs so I can get to the page and find it locally[/QUOTE]

Sometimes if you google the product you are looking for plus "ebgames.com" or "gamestop.com" you can find the product page that way, too.

Not another joystick deal.. I still need to mod the Street Fighter 15th Ann joystick that I have yet to open. This looks nice though ..too bad I don't have a ps3 yet.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']can anyone help me with searching on GS's site? I want to look at 360 EX2 sticks but it doesn't show up cuz its out of stock, but I need the SKUs so I can get to the page and find it locally[/quote]

Just search for it and then click the little show button at the bottom of the page.

Will the VF5 360 stick work on Windows XP? I use my 360 pad all the time on the PC, would this use the same driver?

hmm think i fond one by me had a GS call one in the mall..but he told me its 39.99.. now it should ring up at 29.99 right?!?

[quote name='KNIVES']hmm think i fond one by me had a GS call one in the mall..but he told me its 39.99.. now it should ring up at 29.99 right?!?[/quote]

samething happened to me. havent had a chance to go to the store yet so i dont know what it will ring up.

so even though when i called gamestop they said they didn't have it, when i went to the store they did, problem was, when i got home the face of the joystick was damaged. Specifically the joystick itself spins, so it is impossible to execute alot of moves at it just spun out of your hands. I returned it pronto.

Is teh Hori stick usually like this, or was this one really broken?

[quote name='HebiyO']samething happened to me. havent had a chance to go to the store yet so i dont know what it will ring up.[/quote]

Only the PS3 Hori Stick is 29.99. The 360 one is $10 more.

Thanks OP. Picked up the Hori stick at Rockwall, TX Gamestop. It had both a $29.99 and $39.99 price tag on two different faces of the box. I didn't have to say a word, as the employee searched and found the lower priced sticker, all while telling me he's one of the top 100 SFII players in the world.

Just picked one up and looks used like no other. Paid the $29.99+tax which came out to $32 + change. Not sure if I want to go return it since the store I got it at was a bit out of the way. Debating if I should go to another store and see. I knew I should have opened it up and checked it out before I purchased it. The guy took an awful long time getting it from the back room also.

The buttons have some scuff marks on them and the whole plastic thing above the artwork (I mean... where artwork could be) it like peeling everywhere
DSC04523.jpg

and the the buttons up top (turbo, home, l3, r3, etc...) all have a "line" scratch on them
DSC04527.jpg

ugh...finally able to find one and it looks like crap. It works fine (so far). Whether to return or just suck up and keep it.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Just picked one up and looks used like no other. Paid the $29.99+tax which came out to $32 + change. Not sure if I want to go return it since the store I got it at was a bit out of the way. Debating if I should go to another store and see. I knew I should have opened it up and checked it out before I purchased it. The guy took an awful long time getting it from the back room also.

The buttons have some scuff marks on them and the whole plastic thing above the artwork (I mean... where artwork could be) it like peeling everywhere
DSC04523.jpg

and the the buttons up top (turbo, home, l3, r3, etc...) all have a "line" scratch on them
DSC04527.jpg

ugh...finally able to find one and it looks like crap. It works fine (so far). Whether to return or just suck up and keep it.[/quote]

I bought a 360 joystick once in the same condition as that. It must've been a display unit or something. I walked right back to the store, and got my money back. I asked the manager if they could give me a discount (since it was used), but the guy said that his inventory shows it as 'new', so he could not do that.:roll::roll::roll: He did admit the darn thing looked used, though.

[quote name='MarkMan']Uh.. you're supposed to take that plastic cover off.[/quote]

Seriously? I'm afraid to pull it off. It doesn't look like it should be pulled off.

Either way, by looking at the buttons and and joystick. You can most definitely tell that it is not "new". I even called them before going and he said "Yea, it's new".

Yea, the plastic does come off....sorry for being a crybaby over it.

I guess I will be keeping it, even though it looks used, cosmetic wise, I don't really mind.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Seriously? I'm afraid to pull it off. It doesn't look like it should be pulled off.

Either way, by looking at the buttons and and joystick. You can most definitely tell that it is not "new". I even called them before going and he said "Yea, it's new".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='coolsteel']As an owner of it myself, yeah that is supposed to come off[/QUOTE]

Yea.. you see these when they want to keep something scratch free so it looks new.. it's suppose to come off.

You see them on screens and things like that too

Just returned one back to GS, since the stick does not seem new, because:
1. the little tape sealing the plastic bag is gone.
2. the little cover for the usb connector is gone.
I already own 3 of these sticks, so I know what a new stick should look like.
If you doubt your stick, check the two points above. #1 is most important, since even if the tape is put back, you can still tell.

Ugh, I just want a stick at this price range to play on my PS2... I have a PS3 but anyways. In Texas there aren't any of these near Austin. Closest is San Antonio.

I got 1. It looks new, but the tape on the bag was messed up. The cord was tied and the cover for the usb connector was on and the plastic cover was on the controller. I think I will keep this one unless I find another one somewhere else.

Just got one. Seemed to be open due to tape and no usb cover like some have mentioned, but I don't think its really been used as the cord was still pretty much in its original state and didn't seem to be any wear. I've been playing SF2HDR testing out moves and everything seems okay. I pulled off Guile's classic style super combo which I couldn't do on a pad.

Has anyone been able to locate this stick anywhere other than Gamestop that might be able to give a price match? There's only one store that supposedly has it within reasonable distance, yet the employee there insists they don't have it. I'm going to check anyway, but eh. I may just get it off Amazon. About $15 more, but it's still a pretty good price and I do want a stick.http://www.gameexpress.com/product_detail.cfm?UPC=873124000719

Last edited by a moderator:
went by a few gamestop around town... every place had atleast 1 for the 360...

yes that plastic cover should come off... but I found 1 that didn't even have the plastic cover, button all scuffed up, sum dirt on 1 corner of the button and the cord not even wrapped, points to bein used... thats for sure..

[quote name='Spoon_si']went by a few gamestop around town... every place had atleast 1 for the 360...[/quote]

any chance that was the nyc area? the ones in the village didn't have anything for 360...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']any chance that was the nyc area? the ones in the village didn't have anything for 360...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, this Detriot area Gamestop...

I was looking for the soul calibur arcade stick... no luck

PS3 stick, only saw 1 outta 3 store...

[quote name='Spoon_si']went by a few gamestop around town... every place had atleast 1 for the 360...

yes that plastic cover should come off... but I found 1 that didn't even have the plastic cover, button all scuffed up, sum dirt on 1 corner of the button and the cord not even wrapped, points to bein used... thats for sure..[/QUOTE]

Glad to see at least somewhere has them, i've been using the online checker and while some 12 stores are listed as still having one for the 360 calls to each one with the sku and name have resulted in " Sorry we don't have it" over and over.

I managed to grab one, lucky me. Note that this was at the same place that I had called twice, on two different days, because the online checker had it listed as in stock, and had been told by two different employees that they didn't have it.

Then I actually went in and they had one sitting right there. Moral of the story, Gamestop employees are imbeciles and don't trust what they say. Looks new, too, although I haven't opened it to check yet.

Went to go buy one and it was missing the box and looked like the employees had been using it since the cord was unwound aswell.

[quote name='tianxia']I managed to grab one, lucky me. Note that this was at the same place that I had called twice, on two different days, because the online checker had it listed as in stock, and had been told by two different employees that they didn't have it.

Then I actually went in and they had one sitting right there. Moral of the story, Gamestop employees are imbeciles and don't trust what they say. Looks new, too, although I haven't opened it to check yet.[/QUOTE]

Very very true, I was really just trying to avoid visiting these places to check in person since I did that at two stores already and they didn't have it.

[quote name='machindo']How do these sticks compare to the upcoming SFIV sticks (not the Tournament edition ones, the cheaper ones)?[/quote]

check the link that zewone posted. Its just a few posts above yours

[quote name='hothitter']Is the VF stick the "360" one we're talking about? Is there a different one; if so what's the sku?[/quote]

I'm pretty certain the gamestop store locator searches for any hori ex2's when you do the search for the VF stick. When I went to pick mine up it was the regular Hori ex2 not the VF version of it.

bread's done
Back