Hori Fighting Stick 3 in-stock - PS3 $56.99 + shippins (OOS)

i saw this too... trying to find out if it's legit or not...
might order that Hori Real Arcade Pro 3...

lemme know how the order went

MSRP for HRAP3 is $99.99 (this comes directly from hori website). This site kinda jack up the MSRP by a few % to make their price better. And the site also looks very plain and doesn't have any verifed mark (for payments).

I might try Paypal & get something from these guys. I'm not confident enough to give these guys any other payment information, yet.

[quote name='progman3']I might try Paypal & get something from these guys. I'm not confident enough to give these guys any other payment information, yet.[/quote]

You might think Paypal is safe but few times I went through Paypal nightmare, I wouldn't trust Paypal much either. Paypal is far worse than your credit card or bank when dealing with unauthorized payment, item not received and sort of dispute.

Hey, to keep you guys updated, they sent me a tracking number for my shipment. It should arrive within a week. 'll let you know when it does.

Here's the UPS tracking, I X'ed out the # for personal reasons

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 05/14/2009.

Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Type: Package Status: In Transit - On Time
icn_help_blue.gif
Scheduled Delivery: 05/14/2009 Shipped To: PROVIDENCE, RI, US Shipped/Billed On: 05/07/2009 Service: GROUND Weight: 7.00 Lbs
To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description ONTARIO,
CA, US 05/08/2009 8:52 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN ONTARIO,
CA, US 05/07/2009 9:27 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
05/07/2009 5:46 P.M. PICKUP SCAN US 05/07/2009 7:40 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Tracking results provided by UPS: 05/09/2009 12:39 A.M. ET

I don't mean to discourage you or anything but Hori RAP3 stick alone weigh little over 6lb and can easily exceed 9-10lb if packaged in sturdy box. I hope it's not Hori Fight Stick EX or any cheap alternatives rather than RAP3 you expected.

[quote name='PaRappa/GMRTAG']I don't mean to discourage you or anything but Hori RAP3 stick alone weigh little over 6lb and can easily exceed 9-10lb if packaged in sturdy box. I hope it's not Hori Fight Stick EX or any cheap alternatives rather than RAP3 you expected.[/quote]

Wow, 3lbs of foam and cardboard?

googled the phone number and they have several other businesses. I believe you will get something. Whether it is what you expect or not remains to be seen.

[quote name='Snirandone']Wow, 3lbs of foam and cardboard?[/quote]

The HRAP3 weighs close to 9.5 pounds packed for shipment. The stick itself along with the manufacturer's box has to weigh right around 8. The box will weigh a little over a pound, and the weight of the packing material will be negligible.

Hey, i just wanted to say that i ordered the madcatz SE stick from that website and just got it last night. It seems to be working well and i haven't had any problems yet, so i don't know if i'm going to switch it out for sanwa parts yet like i originally planned.

I paid about $95 shipped, and you could probably save $5 or so by buying this stick on Amazon marketplace where the shipping is cheaper, but i'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Hope that helps

Actually, i just checked the other gameshark store thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223810 and the ps3 SE fightsticks are in stock for 69.99, so i'd go with that until they sell out

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kf99']The HRAP3 weighs close to 9.5 pounds packed for shipment. The stick itself along with the manufacturer's box has to weigh right around 8. The box will weigh a little over a pound, and the weight of the packing material will be negligible.[/QUOTE]

*Update* Before anything was shipped I got an email from the site to tell me that the Hori stick was on back order. So I bought the SE stick instead. The stick arrived on the 14th. The package did weigh 7 lbs. I was a little scared from all the replies that I was gonna get ripped off. Fortunately, every worked out find. I paid $95 for this stick before I started to see a lot in stock from sites like gameshark and newegg. I have two sticks now because I ordered another one from gameshark for $77. They might overprice this product but just so you know this site is legit.

that's good to hear...
if the hori fighting stick 3 was backordered i bet the HRAP3 was too...

if i hadn't ordered a SF4 Tournament Edition stick from gamestop when they actually had some in stock a couple days ago i woulda been all over the HRAP

[quote name='rogueweapon']funniest thing I've seen all day.[/QUOTE]

is this site real or fake?
15 bucks for a wireless controllor seems to good to be true?

Thanks for linking to the 60gig hdd. I've ordered one as well. Total was $23.69 shipped via UPS ground. I'll let you guys know what I actually end up getting.

[quote name='shawneo85']lol damn... $10
if that's true i'm gonna go buy a xbox arcade and that pack[/QUOTE]

I guess that was a typo because now it's $99

[quote name='Snirandone']*Update* Before anything was shipped I got an email from the site to tell me that the Hori stick was on back order. So I bought the SE stick instead. The stick arrived on the 14th. The package did weigh 7 lbs. I was a little scared from all the replies that I was gonna get ripped off. Fortunately, every worked out find. I paid $95 for this stick before I started to see a lot in stock from sites like gameshark and newegg. I have two sticks now because I ordered another one from gameshark for $77. They might overprice this product but just so you know this site is legit.[/QUOTE]

If I remembered it correctily, you intended to buy Hori RAP3 originally, right?

You did mention that package would weigh 7lb so does this mean they shipped MadCatz SE stick intentionally and more surprisingly, you are happy with it?

I don't see company legit if they adveritise product at less than MSRP just to lure customer and sending cheap alternatives. I think that's what called SCAM.

[quote name='PaRappa/GMRTAG']If I remembered it correctily, you intended to buy Hori RAP3 originally, right?

You did mention that package would weigh 7lb so does this mean they shipped MadCatz SE stick intentionally and more surprisingly, you are happy with it?

I don't see company legit if they adveritise product at less than MSRP just to lure customer and sending cheap alternatives. I think that's what called SCAM.[/QUOTE]

Hey, no one is forcing you to buy anything from the site. I was just trying to give some CAGs the info that this site had some sticks in stock. When I place an order for the Hori Stick ( FS3) and found out it was backordered, they did refunded my money. That's when I got the SE stick instead. All this happened within 10 minutes. I might paid more than usually, that's because I thought these were hard to find. They gave me what I wanted, so whats the problem?

I think there's a little confusion going on here. Let me try to clear this up. Originally I wanted the "Hori Fighting Stick 3" (Hori FS3) not the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 (Hori RAP3). I'm glad I got the SE stick because I like the buttons layout better. Oh yeah, the box looks cool too.

Just for the record, the original link you provided w/OP did show Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 and that's why I been refering it to. If you read following thread after OP, you will see that I'm not the only one who saw and thought it was HRAP3.

Also it's been days since you place an order, got tracking info w/actual weigh and etc... And now you are saying that everything (backorder and re-order)resolved within 10 minutes?

Let me tell you what's the problem here.

You posted OP clearly stating Hori Real Arcade Pro at discounted price. - found NOT TRUE.
If you intended to post Hori Fighting Stick 3 as a deal, that's not a deal for it's priced higher than MSRP.
If you noticed that the site backordered your order within 10 minutes of your order, it should have been updated because I'm sure some fellow CAGs followed your footsteps and ordered some and ended up UNHAPPY.
Paying Madcatz SE stick for $95 isn't much of a deal either.

The title of the thread clearly says Hori Fighting Stick 3. And the picture I posted was the FS3. I already explained why I bought the SE stick. I also suggested that other sites had this for cheaper. This thread was posted before a lot sites had it in stock. Like I said before you don't have to buy anything from the site.

Oh yeah and I never said this was a deal. I just wanted to inform people that they had this in stock. Don't put words in my mouth

OP is in the videogame DEAL section and link you provided DID show Hori RAP3. BTW. You seem monitoring this thread very very closely.

Hey just wanted to give you guys an update on this site as I believe I'm the only other CAG to order other than the OP. I ordered about $400 worth of stuff using Google Checkout on May 16th. To date nothing has shipped, but my credit card was charged almost immediately. I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt but it looks like I'll have to cancel my order and possibly initiate a credit card dispute. My advice to other CAGs: You can judge a book by its cover. Stay far away from U.S. Pacific Rim Trading Co.

bread's done
Back