Hori GameCube US Retro Controllers - $16!

gouki858

CAGiversary!
I just recently found this deal, didn't know Hori was pushing the GameCube Retro SNES looking controllers in the US. I thought this crap was only import only. Anyway, this site got it for $16 bucks straight up, US version.

http://www.vgonetwork.com/article.aspx?id=181

I ordered from them awhile back when they had the Final Fantasy Online Clocks, so they're legit so far. I checked out the cost of the imported versions and you do save a few bucks. Anyway, just sharing my 2 cent to the dying breed of GameCube lovers out there... :applause:

Yeah the site does look a little off. But when I ordered my Final Fantasy Online clock from them, I did get it on time as promised. Has anyone else done anything with them?

i actually contacted hori friday about finding a US chain that sold these controllers, and that was one of the places they linked me to, but they only have the indigo ones left.

Oh wow, Hori USA exist in America? What's the number or email? I would like to contact them about other products while I'm at it. But good looking out Ashram! :cool:

If anybody is in NYC, I picked up one of these at the Entertainment Outlet on 40th and Fifth. They were $17.99 plus tax. They only had indigo though but they may have restocked since I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago.

I got a note about this thread so I thought I'd stop by. I run VGONetwork (that's a little obvious by my nick, eh?) and while the site looks a little rough right now, we really are a legitimate business. We worked with Hori in selling the Vana Diel clocks and when the real arcade pro comes out, we'll probably be selling those too.

The controllers themselves are pretty nice and come in the original US packaging. Hit up the link or send me an email - [email protected] if you're interested.

Yeah I hear you on that for the GameCrazy stores. Unfortunately my stupid ass gamecrazy stores are full of dumb ass employees like GameStop. Is it me or all game store shops are always full of employees that think they know things but really don't? Anyone else encounter that mess?

Anyway, went by GameCrazy. They didn't carry those controllers, supposely my store only got a few in black but never got the purple ones. Oh well...:cry:

John, any chance you'll sell the black version?
We're not currently offering the black ones, only indigo and there aren't any plans to offer the black ones at this time.

They really that good or is it a niche thing? Are they functional for non-gameboy player type of games?
I've had really nice results in Soul Calibur II with the controller. It plays much better than the original Gamecube controller. It feels exactly like the SNES pads of old except the controller flairs out just a bit on the edges where your hands are to make it easier to grip.

The only games it won't work on are games that require the analog or c-stick.

My Game Crazy has tons of these. If anyone is interested, I will sell them for $21 shipped (There $16 after tax, plus $5 for Priority Mail). PM me if interested.

Ain't that more than the dudes at VGO? Last I check, they're 16 with 2 buck shipping with no tax...That's just me though...Or are you talking about black color ones, cause I might be interested then. hehe :cool:

Game Crazy only carries the black version. I'm not trying to overcharge, but the controllers are $16.08 with tax, and it you want it shipped Priority Mail $5.I'm just offering it up to people that are unable to get it online.

[quote name='62t']you can add 100 to your cart and find out.[/QUOTE]

I'd really like to know how you are able to add 100 to your cart. I can't even figure out how to add 2.

[quote name='seanw']Not to take anything away from VGO, but a seller calling itself "Hori Co Ltd" is selling the black controller on Amazon for $19 w/ $3.50 shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/videogames/B00079P8S8/

I'm not sure if they have 1 or 20 in stock.[/QUOTE]

The manufacturer is Hori Co Ltd. The seller is actually alternativedvd.com. And they have this on their website for $19.99 w/ free shipping.

http://www.alternativedvd.com/AccessoriesDetail.asp?Item_id=1274

does any one have an idea how long the cords are for these controllers? I'm so used to using the wavebird, but it kinda sucks for gba games....

I'm not a big Game Crazy fan, but I might check out my local store to see if they have any of these things in stock (just for kicks). $19.99 may still be a bit expensive for my tastes, but if the controller feels substantial enough, I may be willing to give it a try.

does any one have an idea how long the cords are for these controllers? I'm so used to using the wavebird, but it kinda sucks for gba games....

They're longer than the standard Gamecube controller but not quite as long as the XBox cord. The cord is about PS2 cord length, actually - maybe 2.5 meters.

As far as I've seen online, we're still offering the cheapest rate on the controllers, when you include shipping in the price. Of course, we only offer the indigo, so if you must have black, you're looking at paying more, but if you want the purple controller, I don't know where you can get it cheaper.

Also, I wanted to thank you guys - two of you have already ordered and had your controllers ship thanks to the thread here. If you've got any other questions, feel free to ask here or in email.

Ordered 1 from VGO, indigo is better than black. I just wish I had known about this before beating Zelda: Minnish Cap on my DS it would been nice to use this controller for it. All well plenty of other games I guess. It's good to here the cable is longer than the normal controller cable, those were way too damn short.

[quote name='JDMxB']I've seen these at the Southern California GameCrazys--just a heads up.[/QUOTE]
any around the downey, bellflower, or cerritos area?

I think GameCrazys are located in Hollywood Video stores, so if you have one of those, you might find the GameCrazys along with it. Anyone else find it cheaper than Gamecrazy in store or VGO online? Are these the only two retailers carrying the US versions of these controllers? I find that hard to believe that gamestop or eb or even walmart don't care them. Its not like they're expensive or something...:bouncy:

The guy at the Gamecrazy in Madison looked like he had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if they had them.

Those fools at gamecrazy never know what's going on seriously! And sometimes they give you shit, thinking they know it all. I love how some even flash their E3 badge on how cool they are. LOL :applause:

I guess, but I prefer that to be done by someone that knows what's going on than someone that think that knows what's going on...:bouncy:

Anyone check GameRush? Supposely they're the GameCrazy of Blockbuster video stores. Not sure if they exist out on the West Coast, can anyone confirm this? :lol:

I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that all current orders have been shipped and tracking numbers are on their way.

Also, I wanted to say that you guys kick ass - thanks for supporting VGONetwork.

bread's done
Back