Hori Play stand DS Lite - CheapyD's Video Review

Awww yeah. Awesome review, Cheapy.

I also got this one back in December when it was on sale, and I've actually really enjoyed using mine. I've used it more than I originally thought I would, mainly to have the touch screen held up at a good angle. That comes in handy while playing text-oriented or other simple-stylus-control games while eating dinner, or while just sitting back and enjoy dual-screen videos, or to have both screens visible while using the computer (say, while waiting for other players in a WiFi match) -- and it's all come in handy. It works well, too, for keeping the system centered between two people, if you're playing a chapter of Phoenix Wright together.

Another cool thing? It actually works great when lying down, when you're prone to feeling especially lazy. You don't have to hold the DS Lite up just to be able to see the second screen: it's held up for you, and at the angle you want.

The only real complaint I've got is that the detachable black plastic & foam covers can be pushed out from the back pretty easily, or can even slide out with enough forward-moving pressure (even with the tabs that keep it in place). That, and it doesn't really transmit vibrations from the Rumble Pak, though that's more an issue of the strength of the vibration.

Overall, though, I'm pretty glad I got it.

:rofl: as soon as it started and you weren't looking, i was hoping for the "Oh Hello!" faux surprise. BRILLIANT!

This is perfect because I need to get one of those. It'll go perfect with my current desk set up. Can we get a picture of your desk Cheapy? It looks nice since its clear and all. And what kind of stylus were you using?

[quote name='CouRageouS'] And what kind of stylus were you using?[/quote] Looks like he was using a Hori DS Lite Touch Pen Long. Useful stylus, since the extension does allow for more grip space, which makes it more comfortable (unless your hand cramps when trying to hold thin objects like a pencil), though it is a bit fragile. It's the same kind that came with the Castlevania Portrait of Ruin pre-order -- though, oddly enough, the ones I got from Play-Asia had a bit firmer clear plastic. It's still cracking on me, though.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']:rofl:

You should have Ron Popeil in there too. I bet he works cheap these days.[/QUOTE] Why would he work for cheap? Dude's fuckin' loaded.

YES!!! The cliche "hi there" intro will never get old. "Oh, didn't see you there." and "AHHHH!!!! What the hell are you doing here!?" would've sufficed as well.

It looks cool and all, but I can't imagine that I would ever need to use it. Maybe if they released it in the US and it was less than ten bucks, I would probably pick it up. They have tons to PSP peripherals at Best Buy, it couldn't kill them to have some decent DS ones.

got damn after seein that I think I need one of those now...

coz a guy like JEKKI gotta keep all his shit on lockdown!

know what Im sayin??

Love the intentional cheesy of the video. Nice Ron popeli (sp?) feel to it.

Overall a good review showed off the product and features very well. I would consider one if i still had a ds. Now pick up that homework book off of the floor or your not going outside mister.

"It keeps your
cs_militia01.jpg
on
210743b.jpg
."

Bleh, this review finally made me register for a digg account, I dugg the review and every CAGcast episode, appreciate it!

[quote name='JEKKI']got damn after seein that I think I need one of those now...

coz a guy like JEKKI gotta keep all his shit on lockdown!

know what Im sayin??[/quote]
NO.:lol:

Great review,Cheapy.:applause:Now I just need to find a desk to put it on.

[quote name='Like A Breath']YES!!! The cliche "hi there" intro will never get old.

[/QUOTE]

Strongly disagree. It was barely funny the first time it was done and now it is way overplayed. It was a solid review otherwise.

Another offender: I can't stand that fucking EGM Live commercial for the podcasts. It was old after one listen. Then again they have been beating that Batman sound effect dead horse for a few months now so I don't expect them to have a clue about much.

[quote name='Like A Breath']YES!!! The cliche "hi there" intro will never get old. "Oh, didn't see you there." and "AHHHH!!!! What the hell are you doing here!?" would've sufficed as well.
[/quote]

[quote name='Corvin']Strongly disagree. It was barely funny the first time it was done and now it is way overplayed. It was a solid review otherwise.[/quote] See, it's still fresh for me. I haven't watched much American TV in the last year and change...

[quote name='bobthecat23']hey cheapy do you use that expensive mic u got to record the audio for ur
"reviews"?[/quote] Yes sir!

I'm tempted to buy it so I have stuff on my desk that makes it look like a work environment

and just in time for play-asia's chinese new year sale.

and I hope you finished that homework...

[quote name='Corvin']Another offender: I can't stand that fucking EGM Live commercial for the podcasts. It was old after one listen. Then again they have been beating that Batman sound effect dead horse for a few months now so I don't expect them to have a clue about much.[/quote]

Uh, uhh!

It still cracks me up for some reason, but I can see that it is fairly annoying, since they have been doing it for like a year now. I just FF all the 1up commercials anyway.

Yeah right he uses that thing to play Phoenix Wright on his desk. We all know where the real PW playing goes down in the CheapyD house.

[quote name='Corvin']Strongly disagree. It was barely funny the first time it was done and now it is way overplayed. It was a solid review otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Well, it was a better aesthetic choice than, say, "What the fuck are you doing here? Get out! GET OUT!!! I SAID GET THE fuck OUT, MOTHERfuckER!!!!" *squeezes off a couple rounds with Robocop replica firearm*

Because that just wouldn't have the same welcoming quality.

Great review Cheapy!
It never crossed my mind to pick one of these up, but now it seems as though this is exactly what I needed.
I bring my DS to work as an MP3 player and it would be nice to have it on a stand.

Anyhow, are there other colors for the stand besides clear? I found the "Sangokushi Taisen DS Play Stand DS Lite" by Hori at playasia, but it's out of stock.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b8-49-en-70-1rea.htm

Thanks for the review cheapy

Sweet, I have to get me one of these.

Anyone know of any free shipping/discount coupons for play-asia?

Nicko

That was your best review yet, Cheapy! The review was very useful and had a great sense of humor about it. This is the kinda stuff that's gonna make you a star. Nice work!

Also, at the very end, your expression reminded me of Spanky from the Little Rascals. I loved it! Gimme more of that.

Those pesky cameras and tripods. They just sneak up on you don't they Cheapy? I guess Wombat is rubbing off on you. I think that's my favorite video intro thus far. Good review.

im more interested in that kanji dictionary...i need a good one and i dont feel like shuffling through the books i have. thanks cheapy..think im gonna get both.

[quote name='LOC_Fchaos']Whaa? You used your Xbox Live Vision to record video? How does that work?[/QUOTE]

Xbox Live Vision is just a USB Web cam so I assume he hooked it up to his computer like any other USB webcam.

bread's done
Back