Hori PS3 stick $39.99 at EB/GS

Awesome...these used to be $70 right? I hope they drop some more before Tekken Online comes out.

I picked one up hoping it would work on my computer, but it didn't. At this price I will keep it under the assumption that I will get a ps3 one day, when there is something I want to play on it.

It's worth it.. Cheaper than Tekken stick w/ convertor.

And there are plenty of games: Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 5 HD, the upcoming Street Fighter 2 HD, and a slew of backwards compatible games from PS2 and PS1 games.

[quote name='indy2029']It's worth it.. Cheaper than Tekken stick w/ convertor.

And there are plenty of games: Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 5 HD, the upcoming Street Fighter 2 HD, and a slew of backwards compatible games from PS2 and PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

I thought it didn't work with PS1/2 games...or am I confusing that with a different stick? if it does, I've got some other posts to edit :)

[quote name='Apossum']I thought it didn't work with PS1/2 games...or am I confusing that with a different stick? if it does, I've got some other posts to edit :)[/quote]

Naw, I believe you're right. $39.99 is a decent enough price though I'd prefer the SA stick myself. I've never seen one in any of the local stores I frequent, unless they are hiding them in the back or something.

[quote name='Apossum']I thought it didn't work with PS1/2 games...or am I confusing that with a different stick? if it does, I've got some other posts to edit :)[/quote]
It works with Pelican converter, which you can find from GS/EB or CircuitCity. It allows analog stick inputs on PS1/2 games.

(OTOH, Radioshack coverter only allows digital directional buttons.)

Anyhow, if Hori stick is not working with PC, i will pass. Thanks for the info though, OP.

[quote name='zackattack']I picked one up hoping it would work on my computer, but it didn't. At this price I will keep it under the assumption that I will get a ps3 one day, when there is something I want to play on it.[/QUOTE]

Mine works on my PC. Did you try pushing the PS button once it's plugged in?

I've heard of a lot of ppl having problems with getting this thing to run on their PCs though.

thought it didn't work with PS1/2 games...or am I confusing that with a different stick? if it does, I've got some other posts to edit

It does work with PS1/2 games actually. I believe it was added with one of latest firmware updates

Square gate or octagonal gate?

octagonal

If I can help at all let me know.

[quote name='humanremains2']

It does work with PS1/2 games actually. I believe it was added with one of latest firmware updates

[/QUOTE]

just to be sure-- you've used it yourself on PS1/2 games. If so, I'm gonna go and buy one.

[quote name='humanremains2']Mine works on my PC. Did you try pushing the PS button once it's plugged in?

I've heard of a lot of ppl having problems with getting this thing to run on their PCs though.

[/quote]

Yeah, tried everything I've come across, including the driver someone made for the stick that I found on shoryuken.com...

I am using windows xp w/sp2

[quote name='Apossum']just to be sure-- you've used it yourself on PS1/2 games. If so, I'm gonna go and buy one.[/quote]

I have, works great w/ everything. I think it was the 3.7 or something.71 update that fixed it.

I'm thinking about buying one....hmmm.....

Then I wouldn't have to open my extra Tekken 5 ultimate collector's edition package to have 2 fighting sticks....and only have to get 1 adaptor.

taken from IGN

"As well, the control stick rotates inside of a square base instead of the typical American circle base--which means that the stick will fit into defined corners instead of rotating smoothly around. The square base is certainly no worse than a typical circle base, but it is worth considering if you--like us--have grown up on American arcade sticks."

yeah, I don't think Hori even makes an octagonal gate stick.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']why square???[/QUOTE]

i think they're all square except the SF2 Anniversary stick.

I have to see a Hori that is octagonal based, square gate is the default for arcade machines, arcade sticks in japan. Thanks to this it easier to perform EWGF for mishimas when playing Tekken! It does feel a bit weird trying to pull off EWGF on octagonal gates. SF 2 stick anniversary on the other hand was released by an American company Nuby Tech :lol:

[quote name='CaoPi']I have to see a Hori that is octagonal based, square gate is the default for arcade machines, arcade sticks in japan. Thanks to this it easier to perform EWGF for mishimas when playing Tekken! It does feel a bit weird trying to pull off EWGF on octagonal gates. SF 2 stick anniversary on the other hand was released by an American company Nuby Tech :lol:[/QUOTE]

appropriate company name for a weak stick. I remember trying to get EB to take it back it was so bad... I think I said the xbl headset jack was broken. the clerk hinted that he understood why I would want to return it :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']appropriate company name for a weak stick. I remember trying to get EB to take it back it was so bad... I think I said the xbl headset jack was broken. the clerk hinted that he understood why I would want to return it :lol:[/QUOTE]

The SF Anniversary Stick was a great base though. I just popped the stick and buttons out and replaced all of them with Sanwa parts. It's a great stick now.

Okay, I have this stick, and it's an alright stick... if anyone needs info or has questions on it let me know I'd be more than happy to share info on it.

The button layout is wonky, its not traditional by any means... so finger placement might be weird for some games... Overall out of 10 I'd give this stick a 6....

But then again, it's a decent stick for it's price.

I would reccommend a good PS2 stick + converter over this though of course.

Want more arcade stick info? Some info here at my site....

www.sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks

[quote name='Apossum']just to be sure-- you've used it yourself on PS1/2 games. If so, I'm gonna go and buy one.[/QUOTE]

It does work with PS2 games. I bought this is stick and the tekken stick with the intent to use the tekken stick with PS2 games. The HFS3 came in the mail first(from amazon) and lo and behold it work with all my PS2 figthing and non-fighting games.

Here is a link to the stick. It was 39.99 when I bought it but it seem the price went back up.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstat...48?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1183992123&sr=8-3

bread's done
Back