Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 available for pre-order at a total cost of $95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bareknuckle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.vgonetwork.com/article.aspx?id=181
This is a great deal for this arcade stick.
The stick looks like this http://www.hori.jp/products/ps2/controller/realarc_pro2/index.html

I already pre-ordered mine even though I alreday have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 1,because I couln't pass up the chance to get the newer version cheaper than what I paid for my older version. The only difference between the two are the colors and button layout. They both have a genuine sanwa stick with hori buttons. If you don't like the buttons you can easily swap them out for sanwa buttons as well because it has quick disconnects.

Is that a reliable store? I mean, that stick is going for well over 100 everywhere else I've seen it. 95 seems too good to be true.

beautiful stick. And Im not trying to thread crap here, but I just got the Tekken 5 arcade stick bundle po for $40 from eb, and that stick looks exactly the same as this one to me. It just doesnt have all those turbo dip switches at the top left that I doubt anyone uses. I have read that the Tekken5 stick does not have a real Sanwa stick in it, but theres sure no way I can tell that. I also have a Hori RAP 1 stick and the Tekken 5 stick feels identical to me. Unless you the hardest of the hardcore, you can get what is basically a RAP stick for $40 shipped that happens to include a free copy of Tekken 5. ;)

P.S. Im sure the Tekken5 hori stick can easily be modified to include real Sanwa parts.

Theres no comparing the tekken stick to the hori real arcade. while the tekken stick is very good, and is made by Hori, there is definitely a difference between the two. the tekken stick has a longer throw, which may be tolerable for T5, its not nearly as good as the short, box like throw of the real arcade for any 2d fighter. the differences are mainly things that a hardcore 2d fighter gamer would worry about, anyways, bump for a great stick.

Theres no comparing the tekken stick to the hori real arcade. while the tekken stick is very good, and is made by Hori, there is definitely a difference between the two. the tekken stick has a longer throw, which may be tolerable for T5, its not nearly as good as the short, box like throw of the real arcade for any 2d fighter. the differences are mainly things that a hardcore 2d fighter gamer would worry about, anyways, bump for a great stick.

[quote name='ChWMeiNThG']Theres no comparing the tekken stick to the hori real arcade. while the tekken stick is very good, and is made by Hori, there is definitely a difference between the two. the tekken stick has a longer throw, which may be tolerable for T5, its not nearly as good as the short, box like throw of the real arcade for any 2d fighter. the differences are mainly things that a hardcore 2d fighter gamer would worry about, anyways, bump for a great stick.[/QUOTE]

alright, we got the point. stop bumping.

[quote name='Puffa469']beautiful stick. And Im not trying to thread crap here, but I just got the Tekken 5 arcade stick bundle po for $40 from eb, and that stick looks exactly the same as this one to me. It just doesnt have all those turbo dip switches at the top left that I doubt anyone uses. I have read that the Tekken5 stick does not have a real Sanwa stick in it, but theres sure no way I can tell that. I also have a Hori RAP 1 stick and the Tekken 5 stick feels identical to me. Unless you the hardest of the hardcore, you can get what is basically a RAP stick for $40 shipped that happens to include a free copy of Tekken 5. ;)

P.S. Im sure the Tekken5 hori stick can easily be modified to include real Sanwa parts.[/QUOTE]
The Tekken 5 arcade stick is pretty good, I have one as well.The biggest downside of the Tekken 5 stick is that you can't swap out the buttons because they are soldered onto the PCB,so once those buttons stop working the stick becomes pretty much useless .You can modify it to include a sanwa stick and buttons but it would be somewhat complicated for those without the proper knowledge.This is the site to go to if you plan to upgrade your Tekken 5 stick into a full sanwa.http://himuragames.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=techinfo&action=display&num=1109887687 With the Hori Real Arcade Pro you can swap the stick and buttons easily because of the quick disconnects and don't have to worry about your buttons crapping out.I'm pretty hardcore about fighting games and as ChWMeiNThG mentioned the throw for the stick is much shorter than the T5 stick.If you want the best, this is it.

[quote name='Halo05']Is that a reliable store? I mean, that stick is going for well over 100 everywhere else I've seen it. 95 seems too good to be true.[/QUOTE]
Any questions you have could probably be answered by a fellow CAG known as MarkMan.

*sigh* Why'd they change the button layout? I hate that "reverse V" layout, the HRAP1 had it perfect (well, with 2 extra buttons anyway).

And god damn it, why do they keep making these sticks with 8 buttons? There's never been an 8 button fighter!

Maybe you don't think it's important to have all 8 buttons on the face, but I'm sure there's got to be at least one or two Mortal Kombat fans out there that's glad about having all 8 buttons on the face.

You are absolutely right.

I did some research at shoryuken after posting here yesterday and learned about the buttons soldered directly to the pcb board on the T5 stick. I would be kinda upset if I didnt get the stick so cheaply, and If I didnt already have a HRAP1. I guess the buttons can still be changed on the T5, but it would require alot more work. I may have to swap in a Sanwa stick tho, as that should still be relatively painless. Either way it makes a good second player stick. My friends were getting kinda pissed at having to use my horrible pelican stick. ;)

btw: anyone know what kinda parts that new Hori Soul Caliber 3 stick will have?

[quote name='Bareknuckle']The Tekken 5 arcade stick is pretty good, I have one as well.The biggest downside of the Tekken 5 stick is that you can't swap out the buttons because they are soldered onto the PCB,so once those buttons stop working the stick becomes pretty much useless .You can modify it to include a sanwa stick and buttons but it would be somewhat complicated for those without the proper knowledge.This is the site to go to if you plan to upgrade your Tekken 5 stick into a full sanwa.http://himuragames.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=techinfo&action=display&num=1109887687 With the Hori Real Arcade Pro you can swap the stick and buttons easily because of the quick disconnects and don't have to worry about your buttons crapping out.I'm pretty hardcore about fighting games and as ChWMeiNThG mentioned the throw for the stick is much shorter than the T5 stick.If you want the best, this is it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Puffa469']You are absolutely right.

I did some research at shoryuken after posting here yesterday and learned about the buttons soldered directly to the pcb board on the T5 stick. I would be kinda upset if I didnt get the stick so cheaply, and If I didnt already have a HRAP1. I guess the buttons can still be changed on the T5, but it would require alot more work. I may have to swap in a Sanwa stick tho, as that should still be relatively painless. Either way it makes a good second player stick. My friends were getting kinda pissed at having to use my horrible pelican stick. ;)

btw: anyone know what kinda parts that new Hori Soul Caliber 3 stick will have?[/QUOTE]
I think that having the 8 button layout is great because you can play snk fighters with the same layout as the the neo geo mvs arcade by using the upper or lower 4 buttons. According to the faq posted by Kyoji over at shoryuken.com http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95713 the Soul Calibur 3 stick comes with a sanwa stick but the buttons are soldered onto the PCB as well,bummer. Oh and I'd be pissed if I had to use that pelican as well, lol.

Has anyone here ever bought anything from these guys? I mean, the stick sounds great and I kind of want to jump on it soon if it's actually a good stick but if these guys are no good then I won't risk my money. Thank you in advance.

Now why couldn't they put the real Sanwa stick into the T5 hori as well? Hmm, I wonder if that info on the SC3 stick is for the jap or the us version?

Im not good enough at 2D fighters to know the difference between the real Sanwa stick in my hrap, and the hori clone thats in my T5 stick, I know about the shorter throw and all that, but Im not exactly at the level where its effecting my kara-cancelling and infinite combos, lol. But I want to have the best parts possible so I know that its me who sucks and not the equipment.

What I'd really love is a mas stick, or some custom made sticks, I'd love 2, one with all happ comp parts and one with all Sanwa, kinda like USA vs. Japan. Unfortunately, if one more gigantic joystick arrives at my house I think my wife will divorce me. =p

[quote name='Bareknuckle']I think that having the 8 button layout is great because you can play snk fighters with the same layout as the the neo geo mvs arcade by using the upper or lower 4 buttons. According to the faq posted by Kyoji over at shoryuken.com http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95713 the Soul Calibur 3 stick comes with a sanwa stick but the buttons are soldered onto the PCB as well,bummer. Oh and I'd be pissed if I had to use that pelican as well, lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Halo05']Has anyone here ever bought anything from these guys? I mean, the stick sounds great and I kind of want to jump on it soon if it's actually a good stick but if these guys are no good then I won't risk my money. Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

I never have, but I think this store is run by, or at least reccomended by, the guys from Shoryuken, and I doubt they would be pointing would be stick buyers to a shady site. What they really need is a site redesign, their site looks very amatuarish.

BTW: The first arcade style stick I ever had... I remember selling back like 6 snes games so I could get $50 store credit to buy this thing for my snes SFII...

super_nintendo_joysticks_championship_joystick.jpg

Hi guys... I just wanted to copy paste what I've pasted in the fighting game thread:

Fellow members of CAG. I just wanted to share this deal with those of you that are interested in a very good arcade stick. The Hori Real Arcade Pro line of joysticks are among the most sought after joysticks in the fighting game community. They are widely considered the best stock/retail stick out there. I wanted to share this deal with you all in hopes that they will be put to good use.

=====

HRAP(Hori Real Arcade Pro 2) Arcade Stick is now up for pre-order at www.VGONetwork.com 's VGO/SRK store.

This is a limited product so ORDER NOW... The stick is $82. $13 shipping to anywhere in the US. For our international friends please email the site to see if they will ship to your area.

$95 dollars for a HRAP2. I gaurantee that you won't find a price better than that ANYWHERE else in the world.

The HRAP2 is a limited Hori joystick that is only available normally to people living in Japan who order from their online store. But Hori and VGO are teaming up to bring it out exclusively for the US market...

The Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 features the following:
- Autofire/Turbo settings for each button(except select)
- Authentic arcade joystick(Sanwa)
- Quick disconnects on the buttons(allows for easy swaps if you want to replace the buttons with different colors)
- Authentic Japanese arcade style layout

The buttons are laid out as:
SQ TRI R1 L1
X CIR R2 L2

Additional the information can be found at the following links:

- VGO/SRK Online Pre-order page for Hori Real Arcade Pro 2(HRAP2)

- SRK HRAP2 Thread @ Shoryuken.com

- HRAP2 Product Information @ Official Hori Website(JPN)

==============

Also VGO is a reliable store, they've done many sales/transactions in the past for different items. They also have the Dragon Quest VIII Hori controller up for preorder.

VGO/SRK store is the online exclusive store for US distribution of their high end arcade sticks. The original HRAP may go on sale soon though. Waiting for confirmation from Hori of Japan.

Any other questions please ask here, I'll try my best to answer.

I may have missed it, but this is a PS2-compatible stick, right? Has anyone tried using it with an XBox or Gamecube (or Dreamcast) with an adapter? I'm interested, but I want to make sure that it would work with my other systems before committing that much cash. Thanks!

It is a PS2 stick. I'll test compatibility with DC adaptors as soon as I get mine but that's still a ways off. I'm psyched, I love getting new joysticks.

[quote name='_heretic']I may have missed it, but this is a PS2-compatible stick, right? Has anyone tried using it with an XBox or Gamecube (or Dreamcast) with an adapter? I'm interested, but I want to make sure that it would work with my other systems before committing that much cash. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Yes it is a PS2 stick. Since it is pretty much the same as a Hori Real Arcade Pro 1 stick,it should work with adapters.For example on my HRAP1 I use a Magic Box converter that I got here http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2a-15-magic+box-70-1gk.html and it works perfectly fine on my Xbox without any input lag.For Dreamcast users at shoruken.com recommed an Innovation brand converter,which is readily available on ebay.

[quote name='Puffa469']Now why couldn't they put the real Sanwa stick into the T5 hori as well? Hmm, I wonder if that info on the SC3 stick is for the jap or the us version?

Im not good enough at 2D fighters to know the difference between the real Sanwa stick in my hrap, and the hori clone thats in my T5 stick, I know about the shorter throw and all that, but Im not exactly at the level where its effecting my kara-cancelling and infinite combos, lol. But I want to have the best parts possible so I know that its me who sucks and not the equipment.

What I'd really love is a mas stick, or some custom made sticks, I'd love 2, one with all happ comp parts and one with all Sanwa, kinda like USA vs. Japan. Unfortunately, if one more gigantic joystick arrives at my house I think my wife will divorce me. =p[/QUOTE]
Well you could just replace the buttons and stick on your Pelican stick with all happ parts,it's very simple since the pelican has a PCB that isn't soldered to the buttons.That's what I did to my Pelican and now I've got the best of both worlds.

[quote name='Puffa469']Now why couldn't they put the real Sanwa stick into the T5 hori as well? Hmm, I wonder if that info on the SC3 stick is for the jap or the us version?

What I'd really love is a mas stick, or some custom made sticks, I'd love 2, one with all happ comp parts and one with all Sanwa, kinda like USA vs. Japan. Unfortunately, if one more gigantic joystick arrives at my house I think my wife will divorce me. =p[/QUOTE]
Well, you could just replace the buttons and stick on your Pelican with all Happ parts,it's very simple since the buttons aren't soldered onto the PCB.That's what I did to my Pelican and now I get to play with the best of both worlds.

Wow, thanks for the great deal. Seriously, anybody who's even considering a good stick for competitive play should spring for this one. It's next to impossible to find one cheaper anywhere. I've seen one RAP1 for $90 in 3 years.

If you don't like Hori's buttons, swapping them out for some Sanwa or Semistsu buttons is a cinch. And yeah, so the new button config may be a little odd but then again, I'm not sure what games anybody plans on playing with this thing that'll actually use both the L1 and R1 buttons along with everything else.

Nobody seems to have ever had any problems at SRK buying from their partners at VGO. Anyway, amazing deal. Of course, the casual player need not apply and will have just as much fun with the cheap Tekken 5 stick or equivalent.

Just so you know these are in limited quantities... so if you didn't preorder already do so now...

We may be getting a shipment of HRAP in the near future as well... I'll keep you guys updated.

[quote name='Bareknuckle']Well you could just replace the buttons and stick on your Pelican stick with all happ parts,it's very simple since the pelican has a PCB that isn't soldered to the buttons.That's what I did to my Pelican and now I've got the best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

I thought about it, but Im stongly in the Sanwa camp. I find Sanwa sticks and buttons much more to my liking than Happ stuff. I got that Pelican just so my friends would have a stick to play against me with, but they complain about that! lol cheap ass friends need to get their own damn sticks! ;)

Anyway, this is a sweet deal. I was thinking of getting a custom made Sanwa stick, but that would be $150 minimum, and for less than $100, I may have to bite on this.

I had to *BUMP* this thread cos I got an email about my HRAP2.

Looks like they will be coming into country around mid november. But theres over 100 of them coming in, so they may get held up in customs for a few days. They anticipate shipping them out to people who preordered after the 3rd week in November. So you probably wont see your stick till the end of the month. Bad news? Not really, because to make up for the inconvienance of the shipping delay, they are giving everyone who preordered a $5-10 discount! So now Im getting my HRAP2 shipped to me for $85-90! You cant beat that with a bat! :D

Those are some standup guys at vgonetwork!

Yeah,I got the same e-mail as well.That discount makes it an even better deal,lucky for those of us that pre-ordered.Hopefully customs won't hold them for too long,cuz I can't wait to get it.

Just FYI... HRAP2 is sold OUT.... but there is a stock of HRAP1 coming in... grab that before it sells out... they go quickly!

-----------

Hori products are now up for sale/preorder at VGO. International customers please email the contact at: http://www.vgonetwork.com/article.aspx?id=181

www.VGONetwork.com bringing Hori home in time for the Holidays!

Just wanted to give my fellow gamers on CAG the heads up. VGO is bringing out a ton of Hori products to the US, just in time for the holidays. Now some of these products you'll be able to find at other stores, but a few of them are EXCLUSIVE to VGO's online store. Check it out... VGO Network's Online Store is now carrying pre-orders for the following(click each link for a picture):

- Hori Real Arcade Pro arcade stick for the PS2

- Hori Official Dead or Alive 4Arcade Stick for the XBOX 360

- Hori Dragon Quest VIII Slime Controller for the PS2

- Hori Turbo EX Control Pad for the XBOX 360

- Hori Final Fantasy XI Online Vana'Diel Clock(sorry no picture) to help your adventures for both the PC and PS2 versions of the game.

The main thing I want to share with you is about the Hori Real Arcade Pro. A few weeks ago VGO had preorders up for the HRAP2 and have unfortunately sold out. I'm glad to say though that VGO is releasing a limited batch of the original green HRAP joystick in the US for one hell of a price. The stick will be shipping in the middle of November and costs only $80 USD + $12 shipping to anywhere in the continental United States. $92 SHIPPED for a HRAP is the best deal you will find ANYWHERE. Check other sites(wait a minute, most sites don't have them in stock)... but the ones that do cost you an arm and a leg for shipping.

For reference. The HRAP 1 is equipped with a Sanwa joystick and fitted with Hori buttons that feature quick disconnects so you can easily replace the buttons with either Sanwa or Seimitsu parts to further personalize the stick to your preference.

Any questions feel free to email the kind people at VGO through the link on the site. Or post here I will do my best to answer what I know.

Kind of an update for this thread. I finally got my HRAP 2 from these guys. It's an awesome stick at a good price. However, shipping left a bit to be desired. They just stuck a shipping label on the large HRAP 2 box and mailed it to me. No outer packaging at all. I appreciate the low price but I would've really preferred an option to pay 10 or 15 dollars more in order to get the stick's packaging in mint condition. I wish I had a digital camera so I could show you all what exactly I mean.

On the upside, this is pretty easily the best arcade stick I've ever owned. I put the HRAP2 above my old favorite, my MAS Systems stick. It even works well sitting on my lap which is rare for me. Usually to effectively use a stick I need to be standing but I've had no problems yet.

Anyway, trustworthy place but there's a reason the shipping is so inexpensive.

[quote name='Indonesia']quick question, how is the T5 or the SF 15th anniversary stick compare to this one?[/QUOTE]

1st: HRAP
2nd: SF 15th anni-stick
a very distant 3rd: T5 tekken stick.

while own all of these, the HRAP and the SF sticks are very easy to replace the buttons on. the OEM buttons and joystick on the SF stick are actually far below the T5's standard, but the fact that you can easily mod it with Happ joystick parts makes it a cut above the T5 stick, which you have to desolder and cut into metal to make the Sanwa replacement parts fit (which, if you couldn't tell, is quite a pain in the ass).

it also depends on what sort of joysticks you like for the games you're playing. you'll find a lot of fighting game fans like the short throw of the sanwa japanese style sticks, and the super sensitive feel of japanese buttons found on the HRAP and the T5, while Happ parts cater to the longer (baseball) bat style joysticks and big mushy concave buttons (though i have the convex Happ competition buttons on my SF). american joysticks are built for being manhandled by a gorilla, while japanese sticks are built for precise and efficient movement.

if you're using the arcade stick for other games that don't need the precision of a fighting game, like pacman, replacement parts aren't really too necessary.

X-arcade has the worst PCB board available on any joystick. stay away.

Pelican universal joystick has a problem with frying PS2 ports, but it's fine on xbox and GC.

I put the T5 stick above the SF stick because I really don't feel like disassembling arcade sticks. If I was going to go that far, I'd just try and build my own. To each his own I guess.

I can't stop staring at the HRAP2. It's so pretty and clicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back