Hori Screen Protector for DS Lite

PrarieD0G

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Does anyone know of the cheapest place to get Hori screen protectors for my DS Lite? The best I've seen is 9 bucks (after shipping charges)...

Or maybe somewhere that offers free shippping that sells them?

TIA

They sell them at Walmart for about $7.00, I'd imagine all the other B&M stores would have them as well. At least that way you don't have to pay for shipping.

I never noticed actual Hori Brand screen protectors at Walmart or Target. That is good to know though as I got mine from Fry's but the more stores that carry them, the better.

decalgirl.com has Hori DS Screen Protector for $6.50 + shipping. With the 'GIMME10' 10% off discount code, you can get it shipped for $5.85 + $2.70 = $8.55. It's a good deal if you don't have a walmart closeby.

There seems to be two versions of the hori ds lite protector. The 6.99 version has the protectors for the screens only, while the 9.99 version has a protector for the top outside of the ds and the d-pad.

It is better to buy these from a retail store since they can arrive damaged from shipping. It does not take much to put a crease in a piece of paper thin plastic that the mailman does not care about if packaged improperly. I personally had to return my first set to Fry's because they had a big scratch in it but were obviously never used.

Beware of FAKE Hori Screen protectors from ebay. Its better to buy them either in a retail store or from a reputable online store such as Play-asia or decalgirl.

I guarantee you those protectors for 5$ shipped are fake, in fact I just looked at the pictures and they look nothing like the hori's that I bought for my DS Lite.

Oh and I don't have a walmart around me that sells the actual hori brand protectors either, same with Target, the Target here just seems to have crappy overpriced Pelican brand accessories.

[quote name='SaraAB']Beware of FAKE Hori Screen protectors from ebay. Its better to buy them either in a retail store or from a reputable online store such as Play-asia or decalgirl.

I guarantee you those protectors for 5$ shipped are fake, in fact I just looked at the pictures and they look nothing like the hori's that I bought for my DS Lite.[/quote]

I really don't think that they are fake. They are just imported from Japan. It's understandable that they don't look like the ones you got, as yours were most likely the US version. Same product, different labeling.

From the listing:
This product is an officially licensed Japanese product. These are not the cheap chinese after market screen protectors. These are high quality japanese made screen guards. Do not buy the cheap imitations that could ruin your screen. Dont waste your time waiting weeks from a Hong Kong seller when you can get them fast from someone within the USA.

I don't think that they would blatantly lie like that.

I ordered mine from play-asia so they were the japanese ones, the USA ones weren't even out at the time, I got the ones for the DS Lite as the original DS ones were discontinued at the time I got mine. Hori could have changed their product a bit though. The ones that I got had red and blue corners and big yellow (or very bright green) stickers on the protective plastic that is over the actual protector.

[quote name='SaraAB']I ordered mine from play-asia so they were the japanese ones, the USA ones weren't even out at the time, I got the ones for the DS Lite as the original DS ones were discontinued at the time I got mine. Hori could have changed their product a bit though. The ones that I got had red and blue corners and big yellow (or very bright green) stickers on the protective plastic that is over the actual protector.[/quote]

Oh, I see. Well lets just hope that they changed the packaging, lol... :)

I got a set from Frys in-store (says "distributed by HORI (USA), Inc; made in Japan") and the color scheme is a little different from the Japanese version - red corner tab for the top screen and white for the touch screen.

I've never seen the Hori protectors in-store at Target either, but they have this (Protective Filter +Plus : http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_9/601-6837004-8956912?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000MR12Z8) on their website as "$9.99 - stores only."

The ASIN leads to this: http://www.amazon.com/Protective-Filter-Plus-Nintendo-Lite/dp/B000MR12Z8/ref=sr_1_1/103-6450924-5071069?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1182313112&sr=8-1

Looks like the Target one has protectors for the screens, D-pad area, and outsides, for a total of 5 filters.

I really don't remember what colors the tabs were on the ends but it was something like red/blue or red/black, the thing that threw me off about the picture in the auction was that it didn't have the bright stickers on the protectors.

Yeah the target package has the screen protectors plus protectors for the other areas of the DS. Frankly I wouldn't mind one for the bottom and top of the DS Lite, but I don't seen the need to protect the inside areas, they wipe clean and are matte finish so they don't show dirt, whenever you need to if you need to. Perhaps this filter set would come in handy if you had a white DS Lite though, which does show dirt.

thanks eau for the mtv link im gonna order a few i think thats the cheapest i seen hori's. it lets you only order one at a time though and i got taxed still a great deal.

I just checked that Target link and only one of the stores in my area has them instock and it is not a Target I frequent much so that is why I had never seen them there. I like the deluxe version with the extra protectors and wished that was out when I first got my Hori protectors since it is only a few dollars more. I know Hori did a similar thing for the PSP with a protector that goes around the whole face of the system since the glossy plastic likes to attract fingerprints.

Well, I got the screen protectors today. Everything looks legit.

The only thing I questioned was that there was English writing on the tabs on the protectors. Is this normal?

[quote name='Captain Freeze']how long do these things last?

do you ever need to replace them?[/QUOTE]

I've had mine on my DS for about 6 months. I don't believe they need to be replaced. And I know that Hori says they're reusable, but the moment I remove them to put onto a different DS I know it's gonna be dust city.

My DS has a hinge crack which I'm going to be replacing soon. What pains me the most is tracking down a new set of the protectors for a good price. Rhino used to carry them around here, but we all know what happened to them.

And damn, the ons that are currently on are on so perfectly you don't know they're on. I know this ain't gonna happen with my new set I put on.

[quote name='maximumzero']I've had mine on my DS for about 6 months. I don't believe they need to be replaced. And I know that Hori says they're reusable, but the moment I remove them to put onto a different DS I know it's gonna be dust city.

My DS has a hinge crack which I'm going to be replacing soon. What pains me the most is tracking down a new set of the protectors for a good price. Rhino used to carry them around here, but we all know what happened to them.

And damn, the ons that are currently on are on so perfectly you don't know they're on. I know this ain't gonna happen with my new set I put on.[/quote]
I have picked up 3 sets of these from this gentleman. I usually get them within 2 days and it generally ships same business day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320133785538&rd=1&rd=1

bread's done
Back