Hori Soul Calibur v stick for $99.99!!

[quote name='oldschool990']In MA, I order on the 26th and got it today, that was fast from Hori now...[/QUOTE]

lol, I live in VA and I ordered on 25th. getting 3days later. Hori sucks ass.. lol

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']why do companies put those hideous face plates on their sticks.... I have yet to see one that looks anything but an eyesore. They should make the faceplate removable and have a default solid color underneath.[/QUOTE]

Licensing agreements. It's why Ken and Ryu are on everything. In Japan, where Hori/MadCatz doesn't have the creative license to SSF their sticks are "plain"

sucks to hear the start button, isn't sanwa, there is no plexi glass so this sort of this gets scratched easily! The only hori sticks I own are the tekken 5 that came with the tekken bundle along with a hori fighting stick 3

Thanks for the heads up OP; been going back and forth over this a few days and finally pulled the trigger today for PS3 stick :)

Ordered on Monday and got it on Friday. glad it came before the weekend. :D

Its fairly big, maybe an inch or two wider than TE sticks. It looks very glossy and of good quality. Everything is good, except the side-grip is not comfortable to hold.

Its beautiful, and its also a beast lol.

I ordered earlier than anyone else in this forum and I can't believe I'm getting it 3days later than some people. Hori shipping service is fu cked up.

do they give you like an order review showing the discounted price before you finalize your order? I want to buy it, but i want to check if the deal is still good.

edit: nvm, it says there will be an order confirmation page. and the deal is still good for anyone wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks op! finally got a stick for the 360. Yay. can't wait to try it out. Except I don't have SC. hahahaha

[quote name='r3zzy']amazon is now selling these for $109. This is better for anyone with amazon credit/gift cards.[/QUOTE]

even nicer if you got prime!

anyone swapped out the gate on these? I hate square gate and will be putting octagonal in them. i ordered 2 so I hope it's easy to get in and swap the gate.

nevermind, found a video that shows it. looks like you just unscrew the top plate from the top and you get access to all the buttons and the stick. easy enough

[quote name='darken']Mine came from Gardena, CA[/QUOTE]

Cool I ordered on sunday and it shipped today. It says it should arrive tomorrow. Btw were u playing street fighter x tekken on ps3 late last night? I thought I fought against someone with your psn id lol.

[quote name='r3zzy']Cool I ordered on sunday and it shipped today. It says it should arrive tomorrow. Btw were u playing street fighter x tekken on ps3 late last night? I thought I fought against someone with your psn id lol.[/QUOTE]

That's funny because I was trying out my stick last night but I definitely didn't play any online matches. Definitely going to take some time getting used to my stick since the last one I had was the super nintendo stick. Also picked up the Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick from gamestop.

Got mine on the 5th, so I've had some time to play around with it..

It's beautiful, but I don't like it right now. I have a crappy 30$ arcade stick as well and I was playing with that one for about 2 weeks before I got this one. I was able to notice how much better I was getting with that stick, and I progressed quite a bit compared to how I was on pad.. Since I've been playing with the Hori stick, I'm terrible now. Even worse then I was with the pad. I'm very uncomfortable while playing with this new stick.

I do not like the sanwa buttons, they are ridiculously too sensitive. You can breath on them hard enough and it would register. The joystick also has a small area of movement (at least compared to my other stick), which I find makes it difficult to pull off the more complicated movements with.

The joystick might just be an issue with me, but I've googled the sanwa issue and it seems that is just how they are (and some people don't like it either). I guess I'll just have to get used to it or waste money changing them to Seimitsu.

[quote name='prettycrazy']

The joystick might just be an issue with me, but I've googled the sanwa issue and it seems that is just how they are (and some people don't like it either). I guess I'll just have to get used to it or waste money changing them to Seimitsu.[/QUOTE]

lol
Made the whole post worth reading.

I don't think its possible to have better execution with shittier parts. It was a night and day difference when I went from my shit Hori EX2 to the Round 1 TE.

[quote name='prettycrazy']Got mine on the 5th, so I've had some time to play around with it..

It's beautiful, but I don't like it right now. I have a crappy 30$ arcade stick as well and I was playing with that one for about 2 weeks before I got this one. I was able to notice how much better I was getting with that stick, and I progressed quite a bit compared to how I was on pad.. Since I've been playing with the Hori stick, I'm terrible now. Even worse then I was with the pad. I'm very uncomfortable while playing with this new stick.

I do not like the sanwa buttons, they are ridiculously too sensitive. You can breath on them hard enough and it would register. The joystick also has a small area of movement (at least compared to my other stick), which I find makes it difficult to pull off the more complicated movements with.

The joystick might just be an issue with me, but I've googled the sanwa issue and it seems that is just how they are (and some people don't like it either). I guess I'll just have to get used to it or waste money changing them to Seimitsu.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Sanwa's are uber sensitive but that's why I love them for fighting games while I prefer Seimitsu's for most shooters. Then again, if you're the type of player that likes to slide their fingers over buttons then yeah, you're better off going with Seimitsu's since they're not as sensitive. Have you tried an arcade stick with a Vewlix layout instead of this one? I prefer that layout over this but it's just personal preference. BTW, a Seimitsu stick & 8 buttons will cost you ~$50 - $60. You can always sell your Sanwa parts for a decent price on SRK later on.

[quote name='prettycrazy']Got mine on the 5th, so I've had some time to play around with it..

:lol: you sound like a casual player, Sanwa has always been preferred when playing SF franchise, the pressure sensitive helps alot with plinking and those 1 frame links. SFxT links lp>mp, lk>etc are dumbed down by a whole lot so timing isn't as strict.

The small area your talking about would be a square gate (you can feel the square corners when rotating the stick), if you prefer the old school feel you can swap out the restrictor plate to get a whole 8-way motion.

BUMP

*promotion is back!

slightly new codes
360 SoulCalibur V Arcade Stick - HORI12E201
PS3 SoulCalibur V Arcade Stick - HORI12E202

[quote name='CaoPi']:lol: you sound like a casual player, Sanwa has always been preferred when playing SF franchise, the pressure sensitive helps alot with plinking and those 1 frame links. SFxT links lp>mp, lk>etc are dumbed down by a whole lot so timing isn't as strict.

The small area your talking about would be a square gate (you can feel the square corners when rotating the stick), if you prefer the old school feel you can swap out the restrictor plate to get a whole 8-way motion.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty casual to 2D fighters. I've tried some in the past, but I've never spent an extensive amount of time to get better, which is what I'm trying to do now. I don't have SFxT (I don't like tekken), and I'm not sure I'll get it. The only other 2D fighters that I'm playing atm are SSF4, Blazblue and MK9. I plan to get Skullgrils sometime soon too.

I've gotten used to the gate and a lot of my execution problems are gone now. I don't hate the buttons anymore, but I'll try Seimitsu buttons whenever I decide to mod my other crap stick to see the difference.

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']I'm hating the square gate and want to switch it out with an octo gate but lizardlick is closed. Anyone know of a legit site to purchase from?[/QUOTE]

focusattack.com I order all my parts from them.

[quote name='Cjw Evolved']focusattack.com I order all my parts from them.[/QUOTE]

THIS! Ever since Lizard Lick started to run outta parts thus taking forever to fulfill orders, FA's the place I order as well. Competitive pricing, quick shipping & prompt responses to customer emails = WINNING!

just have to chime in with my opinion. I tried playing some games with this stick. to me it's just not as comfortable as the TE sticks. the TE have a contour at the bottom that fits my wrists perfectly, it feels great. and I also like the extra weight. I have 2 of these and am selling/trading them for more TEs. to me the TE style is pretty much perfect, i have yet to try a stick that feels better. so I would recommend a TE over these sticks but don't get me wrong. for $100 they are not bad.

I also hate square gate, so swap octagonal in any stick I get. that's the only mod worthwhile in my opinion. i'm an old school gamer though, grew up playing SF2 and MK in the arcades.

[quote name='tcleary']just have to chime in with my opinion. I tried playing some games with this stick. to me it's just not as comfortable as the TE sticks. the TE have a contour at the bottom that fits my wrists perfectly, it feels great. and I also like the extra weight. I have 2 of these and am selling/trading them for more TEs. to me the TE style is pretty much perfect, i have yet to try a stick that feels better. so I would recommend a TE over these sticks but don't get me wrong. for $100 they are not bad.

I also hate square gate, so swap octagonal in any stick I get. that's the only mod worthwhile in my opinion. i'm an old school gamer though, grew up playing SF2 and MK in the arcades.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried any of the Hori V3-SA series sticks? They have a contoured area as well & IMO, it feels much better than a TE after an extended duration of usage due to the more angled wrist rest area (contoured area). A Hori SC5 stick weigh 6.4-pounds while a TE weighs 6.25-pounds so they weigh the same basically. Perhaps the weight difference you're feeling is the different weight distribution? Don't get me wrong, I think TE's are nice but I prefer Hori V3-SA sticks because it just feels that much more comfy for me. Although I love the translucent cases of some of the TE's (TE-S Chun-Li & SC5).

At 1st (years ago), I wasn't feeling the square gates also but it's true what they say (well, for me anyway), once you learn how to not ride the corners then a square feels much better & has better accuracy/precision but (again) perhaps that's just me.

I'm an old school gamer too (playing MK & SF at the local 7-11's growing up) so everytime I play MK on a console, even though I know Sanwa/Seimitsu parts (in a plastic or metal case) are more accurate & responsive, I prefer Happ/iL parts (in a wooden case) since it feels better especially with the concave buttons & bat-top sticks for MK although for SF it's the oppposite. PM me your asking price (shipped) for 1 of these Hori SC5 sticks, I might be interested in having a 2nd stick.

BTW, today's the last day to use the $60 off promo code for a SC5 TE stick on Madcatz's website if anyone wants it. So it brings it down to $100 + shipping (~$12 on average depending on where you live) and possibly tax.

HORI%20V3%20SA.jpg

181900809_181848983274be96713a3cd3768b091f3e4efea6b78e86623.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back