Horror stories from this this black friday

[quote name='Dro']Not me but my cousin went to Best Buy at 12 AM to get a laptop, stayed till 5 AM. Didn't get the laptop lol[/QUOTE]

If it was the $179 Laptop, most stores only had like 5 of them, so there was no chance of getting it unless you were the first in line. I ended up with the $179 Netbook.

Went to Target on Black Friday to pick up the 1TB Hard Drive. Doors opened @ 5am, I got there @ 10am. Walked in and they had PILES of LCD tvs on sale. I got my hard drive and walked out. As I walked out, the cops were putting 4 teenagers in handcuffs. Guess I missed the fun.

My in-laws went to the same store on Saturday. They told me the LCD TVs were still there, with an additional $50 knocked off. They talked to the manager, and according to the manager, if the store does not sell them, next year they will not get the same stock leading to shortages.

I guess that is what happens when you try to sell a luxury item in a city with 13% unemployment.

Well it was a hectic day. Work at Toys R Us and since we opened at midnight there was hell to be had at an earlier time once those doors open. As a matter of fact while people were waiting in line the cops were already called on us because outside a fight had ensued between two mom's outside over God knows what. Later as we were about to open the doors, my manager opened the doors to tell how things were going to down. Well people have no patience and instead thought it meant "Hey, let's try and break on through!" So literally peopled tried trampling over him to get inside and started cutting and everything to get in by about 10-20 minutes early. He was able to fend them all back after he was almost knocked down and basically screamed to retained order when one guy had the balls to scream "Why don't we just overpower him to get in?" My manager saw the guy and he was denied access in.

After we FINALLY opened guess what? Another fight ensued and cops were called AGAIN. Plus it's amazing to hear the stampede of people rushing inside a Toys R Us from the back of the store because it sounds like a zombie herd just barging in for flesh. So within the first hour the store is totally trashed as it is. Things get better though as cops are called AGAIN because some customers had another altercation.

Later in the day though (about 2PM) we decide to roll out some Zhu Zhu Pets to guests who got a ticket about an hour prior. Now we had the usual standard rules of one per guest and one accessory. This pissed off alot of people needless to say (because you know, they want 20 or so for some God forsakend reason). Though others who got there too little too late, well there were mom's who were a bit "too desperate" to get ahold of one and one of them offered to go around to the back and she'll show her tits and let my manager get his grope on for one (he denied). Another offered a blowjob. Yes, this is what Christmas has succumbed to.

As for side stories? I Think one person got hit by a car in the parking lot, but was fine. In our other stores an old woman got trampled. Another had one of my old managers who works at a different store get into a shouting match with an old bitchy woman. Yup, I have no idea why people don't shop online...

[quote name='bardockkun']Later in the day though (about 2PM) we decide to roll out some Zhu Zhu Pets to guests who got a ticket about an hour prior. Now we had the usual standard rules of one per guest and one accessory. This pissed off alot of people needless to say (because you know, they want 20 or so for some God forsakend reason). Though others who got there too little too late, well there were mom's who were a bit "too desperate" to get ahold of one and one of them offered to go around to the back and she'll show her tits and let my manager get his grope on for one (he denied). Another offered a blowjob. Yes, this is what Christmas has succumbed to.

As for side stories? I Think one person got hit by a car in the parking lot, but was fine. In our other stores an old woman got trampled. Another had one of my old managers who works at a different store get into a shouting match with an old bitchy woman. Yup, I have no idea why people don't shop online...[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol: Dammit. How come when I was selling fuckin' calendars I was never offered any ummm 'services' for opening up the stand like 5 minutes early.

I used to sit in the chair by the register and wait to take the tarp/cover off the register till like 2 minutes till the mall's opening since my boss wasn't paying me to open earlier than the mall.

What was hilarious was that some mornings there was a LINE of people waiting to buy calendars.

Yes, you read that right, a line to buy a calendar. Most of them weren't worth $.05, let alone $15-20, but some people would come there and buy a stack of the 'famous artist' ones as 'gifts for their relatives'.:roll: Gee thanks, grandma, I've always wanted to stare at Norman fuckin' Rockwell classics for 12 months. Didn't they have a Playboy Playmate calendar?

But hey, many people think we waste our money on games. But at least a game may still be amusing and serve a purpose after a year. Well, unless you're talking about E.T. on the Atari 2600. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol::lol::lol: Dammit. How come when I was selling fuckin' calendars I was never offered any ummm 'services' for opening up the stand like 5 minutes early.
[/QUOTE]
Sell ones of hamsters that make horse noises and say you can only sell 50 and see if you get any offers. Plus calenders rank up there in the "oh shit, I forgot to shop/don't know what to get someone" category alongside socks or terrible $5 DVD's. Despite living in the age of computers and cell phones with that kind of data.

[quote name='bardockkun']Sell ones of hamsters that make horse noises and say you can only sell 50 and see if you get any offers. Plus calenders rank up there in the "oh shit, I forgot to shop/don't know what to get someone" category alongside socks or terrible $5 DVD's. Despite living in the age of computers and cell phones with that kind of data.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like something you might see on one of those' barnyard' sites, a hamster that sounds like a horse.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That sounds like something you might see on one of those' barnyard' sites, a hamster that sounds like a horse.:lol:[/QUOTE]
It's what that damn thing does! It makes horse noises and abunch of other random non trademarked noises and moves. It's ridiculous, but yet mom's are willing to give blowjobs for one of them! I Don't understand people more and more.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Well, I made horror during my black friday experience, by farting in while in line.[/QUOTE]

Haha; good tactic to prevent people from cutting or pushing you perhaps.

First time I went to Wal Mart for black Friday and it was crazy. It was like traffic on the freeway because I could not move for several minutes because of all of the shopping carts and belligerent customers. This one lady yelled out "If you don't GTFO of my way; I'll run you over with my cart" and other people would just push people out of the way. I don't think I would go back unless there is a must have deal; although I am happy with the $60 GPS

My horror story is my wife giving me a bunch of trouble about spending too much on games. :) This despite getting Left 4 Dead 2, Tales of Symphonia 2, and Metroid Prime Trilogy for a combined total of about $28 out of pocket after the discounts and some Amazon credit that I had.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']My horror story is my wife giving me a bunch of trouble about spending too much on games. :) This despite getting Left 4 Dead 2, Tales of Symphonia 2, and Metroid Prime Trilogy for a combined total of about $28 out of pocket after the discounts and some Amazon credit that I had.[/QUOTE]

Gamers need a gaming wife. If you aren't on board with my spending/gaming, then tough luck, we aren't meant to be.

Its just logic that gamers and non-gamers are going to have a real tough time being together, depending on how anti-gaming and how pro-gaming you both are, but the main point being

Gamer + Gamer =

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Well, I made horror during my black friday experience, by farting in while in line.[/QUOTE]

I crop dusted a few people while I was at Wm.

Hilarious!!!!! I was laughing more at the story on the side about the drunk burglars who tried to disguise themselves with black marker. fucking Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Gamers need a gaming wife. If you aren't on board with my spending/gaming, then tough luck, we aren't meant to be.

Its just logic that gamers and non-gamers are going to have a real tough time being together, depending on how anti-gaming and how pro-gaming you both are, but the main point being

Gamer + Gamer =

[quote name='bardockkun']Well it was a hectic day. Work at Toys R Us and since we opened at midnight there was hell to be had at an earlier time once those doors open. As a matter of fact while people were waiting in line the cops were already called on us because outside a fight had ensued between two mom's outside over God knows what. Later as we were about to open the doors, my manager opened the doors to tell how things were going to down. Well people have no patience and instead thought it meant "Hey, let's try and break on through!" So literally peopled tried trampling over him to get inside and started cutting and everything to get in by about 10-20 minutes early. He was able to fend them all back after he was almost knocked down and basically screamed to retained order when one guy had the balls to scream "Why don't we just overpower him to get in?" My manager saw the guy and he was denied access in.

After we FINALLY opened guess what? Another fight ensued and cops were called AGAIN. Plus it's amazing to hear the stampede of people rushing inside a Toys R Us from the back of the store because it sounds like a zombie herd just barging in for flesh. So within the first hour the store is totally trashed as it is. Things get better though as cops are called AGAIN because some customers had another altercation.

Later in the day though (about 2PM) we decide to roll out some Zhu Zhu Pets to guests who got a ticket about an hour prior. Now we had the usual standard rules of one per guest and one accessory. This pissed off alot of people needless to say (because you know, they want 20 or so for some God forsakend reason). Though others who got there too little too late, well there were mom's who were a bit "too desperate" to get ahold of one and one of them offered to go around to the back and she'll show her tits and let my manager get his grope on for one (he denied). Another offered a blowjob. Yes, this is what Christmas has succumbed to.

As for side stories? I Think one person got hit by a car in the parking lot, but was fine. In our other stores an old woman got trampled. Another had one of my old managers who works at a different store get into a shouting match with an old bitchy woman. Yup, I have no idea why people don't shop online...[/QUOTE]

Insane, but I do have to admit it might be worth getting up early to work just to hear the stampede of people fighting over some stupid toy that will inevitably end up on the yard sale lawn the next summer. The sad thing is this has been going on since the 80's with Cabbage patch dolls and pound puppies and whatnot. I have heard first hand accounts from my family about the stampede for pound puppies when they first came out. Its just that some years are worse than others depending on how hot the hot toy gets and this happens to be one of them. I was 3 or 4 when the Cabbage patch mania hit for the first time and even though I showed little or no interest in the dolls my mom wanted me to have one anyways and got one by putting her name on a waiting list so I suspect its the same these days. The reselling was done back then too it was just done in the local papers and not through the internet. I didn't even like the doll, I did like the doll a couple years down the road but overall it didn't bring too much joy on Xmas morning.

My mom also remembers that she wanted a chatty kathy doll when she was little so bad and it was hard to find at Xmas, now this is going way way back to the 1960's or 70's although I don't think the crowds were as crazy back then but she got her doll and then cried because she was scared of it on Xmas morning.. I think my grandparents ended up giving it to another family since it didn't go over too well.

It seems to be all about the parent wanting the toys for the kids, who knows how much the children actually want the toys. Its also about the parent trying to make up for a year of non-parenting by buying the kid whatever they want because if they don't get it they risk being called a bad parent by the kids and no parent wants to hear that.

[quote name='jaysapathy']I seriously have to chime in on this.

My wife is a hardcore gamer, and believe me, it's not as romantic as it sounds. It's a difficult process sometimes, and having to decide between sex or video games is never, ever fun.[/QUOTE]

I agree- there's also the issue of fighting over the system(s), worrying about game spoilers, getting into fights over one being better than the other at a game, and so on. Normally my fiance beats me at everything, but we discovered that- of all things- I'm faster than him in 1 vs 100. His reaction was priceless, but not entirely pleasant at the time. ;)

[quote name='SaraAB']Insane, but I do have to admit it might be worth getting up early to work just to hear the stampede of people fighting over some stupid toy that will inevitably end up on the yard sale lawn the next summer. The sad thing is this has been going on since the 80's with Cabbage patch dolls and pound puppies and whatnot. I have heard first hand accounts from my family about the stampede for pound puppies when they first came out. Its just that some years are worse than others depending on how hot the hot toy gets and this happens to be one of them. I was 3 or 4 when the Cabbage patch mania hit for the first time and even though I showed little or no interest in the dolls my mom wanted me to have one anyways and got one by putting her name on a waiting list so I suspect its the same these days. The reselling was done back then too it was just done in the local papers and not through the internet. I didn't even like the doll, I did like the doll a couple years down the road but overall it didn't bring too much joy on Xmas morning.

My mom also remembers that she wanted a chatty kathy doll when she was little so bad and it was hard to find at Xmas, now this is going way way back to the 1960's or 70's although I don't think the crowds were as crazy back then but she got her doll and then cried because she was scared of it on Xmas morning.. I think my grandparents ended up giving it to another family since it didn't go over too well.

It seems to be all about the parent wanting the toys for the kids, who knows how much the children actually want the toys. Its also about the parent trying to make up for a year of non-parenting by buying the kid whatever they want because if they don't get it they risk being called a bad parent by the kids and no parent wants to hear that.[/QUOTE]
It always surprises me because we live in the age of the internet and you'd think there would be more civility, but that's never the case. Instead it's "I'm gonna get that toy and I don't care who gets in my way." That and it makes me wonder if any of these people have ever even heard of online shopping. First thing I said when I walked in was "boy am I glad I got all my shopping done on Amazon."

[quote name='Josef']I always thought you hated MILFs considering how often you'd blast soccer moms and their "little brats" at Gamestop ;)[/QUOTE]

There's MILF's and there's soccer moms. Soccer moms have the 10 and under brats who they leave run around the damn stores and make tons of noise and cause havoc while mommy is on the cell phone while asking the GS clerk what games are good for said 10 and under group.

But that's because she's too busy being Ms. Social Butterfly on her phone with her equally annoying girlfriend who is at TRU barking at the return desk people about how GTA was 'not appropriate for her 11 year old'. She is also expecting to be waited on hand and foot.

Then, you have the MILF's. MILF's are(by my definition) women with kids who are in high school and don't need to be tied to mommy's apron strings when she goes shopping for the perfect gift for her teens on the go.

Example of 'soccer mom': Britney Spears
Example of 'MILF': Sarah Palin

:lol: I can't believe I just explained all of this, but oh well....

As for the former toy trends, I gotta wonder how the hell Cabbage Patch Kids ever made it onto store shelves in the first place. If they were released nowadays, the toy makers would have to provide a safety helmet for kids playing with them, due to the hard plastic face I think those old ones had.

[quote name='bardockkun']It always surprises me because we live in the age of the internet and you'd think there would be more civility...[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s

*rubs eyes*

:shock:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's MILF's and there's soccer moms. Soccer moms have the 10 and under brats who they leave run around the damn stores and make tons of noise and cause havoc while mommy is on the cell phone while asking the GS clerk what games are good for said 10 and under group.

But that's because she's too busy being Ms. Social Butterfly on her phone with her equally annoying girlfriend who is at TRU barking at the return desk people about how GTA was 'not appropriate for her 11 year old'. She is also expecting to be waited on hand and foot.

Then, you have the MILF's. MILF's are(by my definition) women with kids who are in high school and don't need to be tied to mommy's apron strings when she goes shopping for the perfect gift for her teens on the go.

Example of 'soccer mom': Britney Spears
Example of 'MILF': Sarah Palin

:lol: I can't believe I just explained all of this, but oh well....

As for the former toy trends, I gotta wonder how the hell Cabbage Patch Kids ever made it onto store shelves in the first place. If they were released nowadays, the toy makers would have to provide a safety helmet for kids playing with them, due to the hard plastic face I think those old ones had.[/QUOTE]

Cabbage patch dolls are actually still on store shelves, I saw them at Sam's club recently. I am not sure how they are made these days though but yes the old ones were very hard. Some of them had soft bodies and hard plastic heads (you can see where that is going)... Others had just a hard body and hard head. Didn't they make one that was supposed to eat plastic french fries then it ended up eating kids hair instead so they had to recall it. I could totally have seen that happening to me as I had very long hair as a kid. I had all types of cabbage patch dolls as a kid and didn't get hurt by any of them. The only fad toy I remember getting hurt by were the slap bracelets...

What about Furby's, they came back a couple years ago despite fact that the originals were thought to have been spying on children, the newer ones were ironically, larger than the originals.

You would think that people are becoming more civilized because of online shopping but that is not the case. I have been online shopping since something like 1999 and we ALWAYS bought the family toys online from amazon or Toys R Us. We always found the exact toy needed without a problem and at a reasonable price. I can't remember a year where we didn't get what we needed. The kids are grown now and don't want toys anymore so I am kinda glad because you can just buy an iTunes gift card now and they are happy. The stores around me have such a limited selection of toys that if your looking for that specific toy your chance of getting it is probably like 20%.

The parents behave way worse than the children on BF, its real nice that parents are setting this type of example for their children because I am sure if I cried on Xmas morning or called my parents bad parents because I didn't get the toy I wanted I would have been slapped and had all my presents taken away. At least now we know where it comes from and that this generation is probably doomed (and I am sure my parents said the same thing about my generation).

[quote name='jaysapathy']I seriously have to chime in on this.

My wife is a hardcore gamer, and believe me, it's not as romantic as it sounds. It's a difficult process sometimes, and having to decide between sex or video games is never, ever fun.[/QUOTE]

You must be too picky. A gaming wife who makes you decide between sex or games is a problem for you?

[quote name='Allnatural']:whistle2:s

*rubs eyes*

:shock:[/QUOTE]
Shopping wise.

Don't worry, I'm aware of the world of /b/

[quote name='csidegamer']
Some bitch threatened to kill my son over his parking space at a different walmart tho :)[/QUOTE]

That's what these are for...

Just let the asshole have the spot, find yourself a spot, then plant 1 of these under a tire or up to all 4, depending on how evil you're feeling that day...hell, you can even use plain old nails, just place one at an angle against the tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']That's what these are for...

Just let the asshole have the spot, find yourself a spot, then plant 1 of these under a tire or up to all 4, depending on how evil you're feeling that day...hell, you can even use plain old nails, just place one at an angle against the tire.[/QUOTE]

That site is pure awesomeness.:D Although if you really wanna make sure the aholes tires are permanently screwed, you gotta plant one of those things closer to the sidewalls, since they can't patch the sidewalls if they're ruptured.:D

[quote name='bardockkun']It always surprises me because we live in the age of the internet and you'd think there would be more civility, but that's never the case. Instead it's "I'm gonna get that toy and I don't care who gets in my way." That and it makes me wonder if any of these people have ever even heard of online shopping. First thing I said when I walked in was "boy am I glad I got all my shopping done on Amazon."[/QUOTE]
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

[quote name='karkyco']That's what these are for...

Just let the asshole have the spot, find yourself a spot, then plant 1 of these under a tire or up to all 4, depending on how evil you're feeling that day...hell, you can even use plain old nails, just place one at an angle against the tire.[/QUOTE]

That is perfect for next year.

Too bad they weren't on sale last friday to stock up. :)

[quote name='bardockkun']It always surprises me because we live in the age of the internet and you'd think there would be more civility, but that's never the case. Instead it's "I'm gonna get that toy and I don't care who gets in my way." That and it makes me wonder if any of these people have ever even heard of online shopping. First thing I said when I walked in was "boy am I glad I got all my shopping done on Amazon."[/QUOTE]

Online shopping is good and all but you would miss normal people turning into crazed kooks 6 in the morning if you don't go out on BF.

bread's done
Back