*HOT* Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I'm not sure if this is where to post this but here goes.

I got this from Slickdeals. Thanks davidwlam!

*HOT* Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee

So How do I ship using Pitney Bowes for FREE????

Simple....you probably have a Paypal account right? If so you've probably used their shipping when you sell stuff. But what about those outside-of-eBay-or-paypal purchases?? (Like ones on half.com or Amazon.com?).

Its quite simple. Using your Paypal Account all you have to do is log in, and use this link: Linky

If you aren't particularly computer-saavy, you are probably wonder why this allows you to ship stuff without having received a payment. Simple...if you click the "ship" button in your account, you'll notice this exact link, but with a &info=somecrazymessofletters&numbers. That &info is the pre-filled out form information that allows it to fill out the address for you. By removing it, it simply doesn't fill it out and allows you to fill it out manually.

It works perfectly and bills through your paypal account. You can select it to take the payment from your paypal balance, a credit card or a bank account (if you are trustworthy enough to add one).

Pro's & Con's to this "Free" way of shipping

PRO:
1: Now you can ship all of your First-Class and Media-Mail stuff WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY SOME NONSENSE MONTHLY FEE!
2: You don't have to use USPS.com's confusing & chaotic website to ship Priority Mail & Express Mail
3: Easy-to-use Paypal interface doesn't require special software or sticker-labels. Just shove a peice of paper in your printer and it prints fine, no issues!
4: You don't have to go to the PO and wait in line on your Lunch Hour!

NEUTRAL (could be a pro or con, depends on you):
1: You HAVE to pay a $.13 delivery confirmation fee for First-class & Media-Mail, its required. In my eyes, this is a benefit since I would purchase it anyways from the post office. You never know what kind of people try to BS you and say they never received the item you shipped them. Thus using delivery confirmation can prevent someone from defrauding you. At the US Post Office it costs 55 cents to buy delivery confirmation for media mail or first-class mail, so 13 cents is a real savings!

CON:
1: You can't ship to Canada, UK, etc, only within the United States
unless you ship WITH UPS SHIPPING This means you'll still have to wait in line at the post office when you have to ship outside of the US.

Edit seems you can now ship international!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the bump, I've had to go to the PO whenever I'm shipping media mail but not doing a Paypal transfer - for some reason, they don't let you ship mm through the usps site. This is good info to have. :)

[quote name='ofacto']I haven't used the UPS labels, but I think the FedEX Laser labels are perfect for Paypal shipping, they are only one label per a sheet but the label part is completely blank and is the perfect size for a PAYPAL label, and the shipping record prints on the bottom half. Also available for free if you have a FedEX account.

[/QUOTE]

These are exactly the lables I've been using, and they work great. Heh, I print the lables at work, drop them at the front desk and it's a completely worry-free process. MUCH easier than going to the PO, especially since they tend to give me grief about using mm.

I was shipping a bubble envelope of 2 or 3 guides a while back, mm, and the lady asked me what I was shipping. When I told her "books", she replied "BOOKS that BEND????" If she's that amazed by bendable books, wait until she finds out about light bulbs. :p

bump because this is awesome and more people should know about it.

still works-- just used it.

[quote name='chewster777']Tagged. Now where can I get the weight of things w/o buying a scale?[/QUOTE]

You'll need a scale if your going to use this. Plain, and simple. Nothing weighs the same. I've shipped 10 movies one day using the same size bubble mailer and they all had different weights. from 3.8oz to 8oz.

You can go to an office supply store, and find a 10lb scale for about $15 or so. If you do a lot of shipping its worth buying.

[quote name='djkunai']Please sticky this. It just took me 20 minutes to find it.[/quote]
I agree this thread should be stickied b/c it's helpful for the traders on CAG. However, it seems like there is a low possibility of that happening since this thread has been around for awhile. Once you reply to this thread, it should be automatically entered as a subscription in your user cp, and it will never be deleted unless you delete it yourself. Or, you can click on the "subscribe to this thread" button instead of replying, and it will be added to your subscription list. Another suggestion would be to bookmark the link in the op instead of constantly searching for this thread (which is what I did hehe).

:)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I agree this thread should be stickied b/c it's helpful for the traders on CAG. However, it seems like there is a low possibility of that happening since this thread has been around for awhile. Once you reply to this thread, it should be automatically entered as a subscription in your user cp, and it will never be deleted unless you delete it yourself. Or, you can click on the "subscribe to this thread" button instead of replying, and it will be added to your subscription list. Another suggestion would be to bookmark the link in the op instead of constantly searching for this thread (which is what I did hehe).

:)[/QUOTE]

It was bookmarked until my computer died. Then it wasn't.

I've been doing this for months for my packages going to traders @ GameTZ/TGN/Goozex etc. I thought everybody was?

Bump! and another "sticky" request please

just used it for the first time a moment ago. works great!

and I Never send a package via USPS without DC (Had 2 lost last year without it, both were Medial Mail)

The discount on DC more than covers the ink, paper, and tape to provide my own label, not to mention the gas!

Can't believe I'm such a late bloomer to using this!

Media mail sucks though seeing it takes forever.... My thing is on top of regular shipping costs they jacked in-house DC to $.75 which in my case DC is pretty useless except for the fact you know it was shipped because it was accepted by the intial post office.. other than that I never get any more updates until the item gets delivered and sometimes thats a few days after the delivery has been confirmed by the other person lol..

Is it the intial being accepted by the senders post office that people look for with DC ?

Thanks

You really don't need to use the link in this thread. Just log into your PP account and go to the merchant services tab. There is a shipping link there where you can ship the same way as stated here (though it is a multiorder link).

Media mail has been gettting really bad, I had a package take over 3 weeks recently.

I pay about $15/mo for Endicia postage services, basically so I can hide the postage cost if its within the US.

I'm thinking about canceling though, and just using PayPal for postage.

[quote name='freshzen']Media mail has been gettting really bad, I had a package take over 3 weeks recently.

I pay about $15/mo for Endicia postage services, basically so I can hide the postage cost if its within the US.

I'm thinking about canceling though, and just using PayPal for postage.[/quote]

PayPal lets you hide the postage cost as well.

[quote name='DX_Psycho']i don't have a scale. what should i do since i have to put in weights for the packages?[/quote]

approximate..at least thats what i did until i bought myself a scale. just remember to round up..

[quote name='djkunai']I'm going to add this guide to the CAG wiki in a day or two.[/quote]

That's nice, but why not sticky it with monoprice?

[quote name='NegativeZero']May I ask what you needto do if you'd like to ship parcel post? considering cancelling a shipping acct I have for this. any one know?[/QUOTE]

1. Weigh your package
2. Put said weight into paypal shipping
3. pick parcel post
4. pay and print...

I would use paypal to ship, but I don't have a scale. Anyone have anything suggestions on weighing things for free or a cheap scale?

[quote name='djkunai']Some post offices have one in the lobby. Or buy a $10 digital scale at a major retailer.[/quote]

$10 bucks? Example and what store? Ive looked all over online and can only find $25 +

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I'm still not exactly sure what monthly fee this circumvents[/quote]

Services like stamps.com charge a monthly fee to print Parcel Post and Media Mail postage.

[quote name='kevzik']$10 bucks? Example and what store? Ive looked all over online and can only find $25 +[/quote]

A few years ago I bought a

bread's done
Back