Hot Springs Story Android Sale

Justme8800

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Kairosoft just launched Hot Springs Story on Android. The price in the market says ~$5.40, but for some reason it only charges $3.99 when you click through Google checkout. They do say "20% off launch sale," but that's a little more than 20%... not that I'm complaining. :D

If you've been living under a rock, Hot Springs Story is the CheapyD approved "sequel" to the super-addictive Game Dev Story released last year.

Update: They've lowered the price to ¥200, or about $2.50. Some will want to wait for the $1 price point, but this is pretty good considering how recently the game was released.

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.onsen_en

Update 2: Now ¥100.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just clicked "buy," and it showed up as $3.99 on the confirmation screen. The email receipt says $3.99, and that's how much got debited from my account, so it worked, whatever it was...

I would try it again to be sure, but now that I own it it won't let me buy it again lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']There's a chance that this game may be free through Amazon. Who knows?[/QUOTE]
Probably not for a while. Neither this nor Game Dev Story is currently in Amazon's app store.

And Hot Spring Story is showing up as ¥450 (or about $5.41) for me. Hmmm.

Actually when i bought Game Dev Story at the checkout it showed 2 bucks, after playing the lite version I have to say that you HAVE to buy this. 2 bucks is a steal

[quote name='mokmoof']Probably not for a while. Neither this nor Game Dev Story is currently in Amazon's app store.

And Hot Spring Story is showing up as ¥450 (or about $5.41) for me. Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

It does show that, push buy and then when you get to the google checkout screen it says 3.99

I don't know if i can handle hot springs story. I played Game Dev Story non stop for probably 6 hours... 6 hours on an android game!!

[quote name='mokmoof']Probably not for a while. Neither this nor Game Dev Story is currently in Amazon's app store.

And Hot Spring Story is showing up as ¥450 (or about $5.41) for me. Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

I don't even notice that.

It looks like the sale is still on, but since I can't actually click through to check the price anymore, I made this a wiki post.

BTW the game is sufficiently addictive. XD

[quote name='11440']Price is $1.28 now.[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing $1.48 for Game Dev Story, and $4.94 for Hot Springs Story.

[quote name='mokmoof']I'm seeing $1.48 for Game Dev Story, and $4.94 for Hot Springs Story.[/QUOTE]

Just bought hot springs story. Total: US$1.28

I have no idea how to get it to show as $1.28 I've gone all the way up to the order screen where it's 400 yen.

Me too. It says 82% off but shows as 400 yen at the checkout screen. I love Game Dev Story and really wanted this game but not for $5. That's beyond my phone game budget....

I solved it by going to the market through the phone itself, it showed $1.28 there before confirmation.

it shows 1.28 for me.

I loved game dev story, and will bite on this game at this price. I hope they release more.

bread's done
Back