HOT!!! - Various Games Clearance at The Source

[quote name='d_bomb_23']Do they have the games marked down in the store? or are they still marked regular price, but ring up as the clearance price? just asking cause I was at the source recently but didnt really see anything cheap or marked down[/quote]

They ring up at the lower price. Employees don't update the price tags ever.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Just picked up Forza 2 Collector's Edition, Mercenaries 2, C&C 3, and Kane and Lynch for 50.67 taxes in. Thanks OP![/quote]

Forza 2 CE?!?! Only the standard edition was on the site. Sweet!

[quote name='d_bomb_23']Do they have the games marked down in the store? or are they still marked regular price, but ring up as the clearance price? just asking cause I was at the source recently but didnt really see anything cheap or marked down[/quote]

the two stores i went to today both had racks by the cash w/ the clearance games. one of the stores had a clearance sign and all of the prices marked and the other did not.

the one I went to had them behind the counter on a shelf by themselves. stacked in rows of 4.96, 14.96, 19.96. They were each marked with a clearance sticker as well.

They had Ratchet and Clank for 14.96 but when I went to get it, the Clearance sticker on it said NBA Ballers. So no dice.

I manage to pick up Condemned 2, Lego Star Wars, Timeshift, Tomb Raider and Virtua Fighter 5.

Too bad there was no Kane and Lynch or Command and Conquer at my location. Might try another store later.

Thanks OP,

Was able to get the last copy of Lair and Buzz Quiz TV in Montreal Eaton Centre.

Lair : 9$
Buzz : $39

Even the clerk when I ask him to open the glass display ask me if I wanted something else. He told me they were alot of games in liquidation ;-). Noooo I didnt know hehehe, I told him that I knew Lair was 9 and Buzz at 39!

I also want to go to Montreal Eaton Centre, but I checked before I left school and Kane and Lynch or Command and Conquer were already bought by someone.

So I decided to go to Plaza Saint-Hubert and the guy was pretty surprise by the price. He told me that they were not making any money on this.

[quote name='Khalid']I also want to go to Montreal Eaton Centre, but I checked before I left school and Kane and Lynch or Command and Conquer were already bought by someone.[/quote]

This is all over RFD. Act fast or you get nothing, or worse if you had to spend gas just for this.

It seems like Conflict Denied Ops for PS3 is $9.98 at TSSC and EB TIV is $25. RFD hoarders are all over... lol

You really have to do some hunting there are a lot of games at some locations that are not on the website.

I was able to find:

COD 3-$9.96
Motorstorm-$9.96 (I originally thought the guy said it was $4.96..I checked the bill)
Virtual Tennis 3-$9.96

None of the those games were listed on the website. I went to 5 locations today they were all within a 20 minute drive ( I never realized how many Source's there were until this sale) Not all locations carry console games. I did pick up some RC cars and helicopters Regular prices ranged from $50-$120 I picked them up for $4.96!! According to one of the managers some locations have DVD movies on sale for 1 Cent!!! (though I never found any) if anyone cares all of their older "jewel case" PC games are 96 cents...

[quote name='danthemightyone']This is all over RFD. Act fast or you get nothing, or worse if you had to spend gas just for this.

It seems like Conflict Denied Ops for PS3 is $9.98 at TSSC and EB TIV is $25. RFD hoarders are all over... lol[/quote]

You are right about that. Couldn't find that game anywhere around Ottawa. Everyone I talked to said, some guy just bought all those this morning. Same with UT3 for PS3. Also, everyone in the Radio Shack was there getting multiple games.

I hate RFD.

I managed to pick up Mass Effect for 10 bucks and Time Crisis 4 for 40.

I went to the south common and millwoods town center in edmonton and they had shit all for selection. i'll try and check other locations later today.

[quote name='flipcyde']I went to the south common and millwoods town center in edmonton and they had shit all for selection. i'll try and check other locations later today.[/quote]

I think the one in WEM and Kingsway have the best selection of games

I just came from the Woodbine Center, did pretty decently:

Time Crisis 4 - $40 (yesssssss...)
GTA IV - $40 (for my friend's b-day in March)
Uncharted - $40 (figured I just had to)
GoW Chains of Olympus - $20
FF Crisis Core - $20

$180.57 with tax :whistle2:#

I really wanted Jeanne D'Arc, but they didn't seem to have it.

The guys there were cool, we chatted for a bit and they were surprised that the games were that cheap. They even told me that there was an EB employee from that mall buying tons of games. Guess they didn't take it all :)

Protip for anyone looking for TC4: Don't just call the store, go in and ask them to check. Since the TC4 box is larger than a PS3 game, they seem to check the game shelves without looking at the boxes. I called this location yesterday and they said it wasn't in, I go in today and TOLD them it was a large box and... voila!

If anyone in the GTA is looking for :psp:FF Crisis Core or :psp:GoW COE, let me know, I picked these up to give CAGs an opportunity before they're hoarded away. Also, I'd appreciate if anyone finds Jeanne D'Arc.

EDIT: I almost forgot, Thanks OP :)

Although not listed on the site (or here either), I saw Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise for $20. Good price for people that missed it from HMV.

DEAL OF THE YEAR

SSX 3 (GBA) $0.01
Sonic Advance 3 (GBA) $0.96
NHL 2003 (PS2) $0.01

$1.10 taxes in. Cheaper than a burger at McDonald's. :lol:

I think their PC jewel case games were like "Buy 5 get 3 free". :D

Sort of related: The guys at the Woodbine Center were saying that The Source will be changing names soon, they're just waiting to see who will buy them so they can change their name away from Circuit City (Hmmm, not sure why :lol:). That could be a sign that the great prices will continue, maybe they want to make as much $$$ as possible on paper during these difficult times and make themselves even more attractive...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Sort of related: The guys at the Woodbine Center were saying that The Source will be changing names soon, they're just waiting to see who will buy them so they can change their name away from Circuit City (Hmmm, not sure why :lol:). That could be a sign that the great prices will continue, maybe they want to make as much $$$ as possible on paper during these difficult times and make themselves even more attractive...[/QUOTE]

I heard something similar, too! More like they're "changing owners", but that implies a name change. Here's my haul!!

Jeanne D'arc PSP 10$
Star Ocean 1 PSP 10$
Silent Hill Origins PS2 10$
Blue Dragon 10$
Scarface Wii 10$
Boom Blox Wii 20$
Soul Calibur Legends 10$
Furu Furu Park 10$

thanks for the update wouldnt have given it a second look otherwise gonna go check the small store near my work tomorrow (prolly don't even have games)

[quote name='jto']Do they have PC games? Been waiting for COD4 and L4D to come down in price forever...[/QUOTE]

L4D hasn't even been out for three months yet, I think you'll be waiting a while on that one.

The clerk at the store cannot believe the price as well. The GBA prices drop to $5 or less.

I pick up Donkey Kong Country 2, mario & luigi superstar and DBZ supersonic. Every store has different stuff. Make sure you check them out

Also a lot of their DS titles are $19.99. Titles include

- Pokemon Diamond Version
- Pokemon Pearl Version
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
- SimCity Creator

PSP titles I saw for $19.99

- Star Ocean 1
- Starwars Force Unleashed

Dropped by another store on way home from work and picked up ...

Mario Golf Advance Tour (sealed) - $4.96
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $19.96

The one I went to didn't really have much that I was interested in so I only managed to get Trace Memory for 5 bucks. :(

[quote name='jeffx']
Star Ocean 1 PSP 10$[/quote]

Hot damn, that's half the price compared to the other guys here.

Still cant find Metal Gear Solid Essential collection anywhere. Apparently according to online tracker, one of the location had it, but the people in there were jerks and striaght up denied me without checking zzzzzzz

and cant seem to find any Ape Academy either, it is 5 bucks apparently.

Lumine 2 was 10 dollars at my local The Source, as well as a lot of other games were on sale that weren't posted on site :D

On my way to school I picked up Trace Memory and Digimon World: Dusk from Dufferin Mall for a total of $11.21. The clerk just gave the best expression when he saw that the games were so cheap. :D I'm hoping Blue Dragon drops to $4.96....I missed out when it was like $5 at Toys R Us. I didn't find Ape Escape Academy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda was a hoarder today.

Got for myself tales of the world (9.99)
ea replay 5$
megaman leo 5$
and then I preordered resident evil 5 star ocean 4 and street fighter 5 with the misc 9 games I bought incuding multiple copies of Hulk ds and regular forza.

3 new releases for less than 100 was pretty sweet. Also got some free preorder swag including 4 mercenaries art books, a witch king sword ,argonauts art book and golden axe art book. I also preordered fire emblem just for the cool cell thingy.

[quote name='Lockescythe']I kinda was a hoarder today.

Got for myself tales of the world (9.99)
ea replay 5$
megaman leo 5$
and then I preordered resident evil 5 star ocean 4 and street fighter 5 with the misc 9 games I bought incuding multiple copies of Hulk ds and regular forza.

3 new releases for less than 100 was pretty sweet. Also got some free preorder swag including 4 mercenaries art books, a witch king sword ,argonauts art book and golden axe art book. I also preordered fire emblem just for the cool cell thingy.[/quote]

Mind listing the games you traded in? Thanks.

Went to the New West Royal city center store and grabbed

Time Crisis 4-$40 (still had 2 left)
God of War PSP-$20
Patapon $10
Golden compass ps3 ($5)
Dragon ball z 3 (wii) $10

thanks OP!

[quote name='PuppetYuber']picked up a bunch of games and accessory in edmonton location xD
got 90% of what i wanted.[/quote]

Which Source was this at?

All my locations were pretty bare when I showed up, so I printed up a bunch of the games and hopped over to FS.

PM'd Boom Blox, Trauma Centre New Blood and Nights.

Total was $31.79 after tax :lol:

Last night i picked up Battlefield: Bad Company Gold for $45 something total Tax included. i was going to pick up the normal edition for $19.99 but the guy said they got it in back " their Boss was holding onto it so he can buy it " pffft anyways ... if i'm lucky enough and their website is still correct .. i'm picking up Buzz Quizz TV for $39.99 and the Singstar 1st game for $39.99 which comes with the mics and all these games are actually $59.99 plus tax so that's pretty good. ( if you all didn't notice i'm trying for games that have or will have Trophie Support . cause i'm into collections trophies )

( thanks for the heads up in this thread i wouldn't have known about the deals if it wasn't for this website Thanks )

[quote name='flipcyde']Which Source was this at?[/quote]

WEM, upper store, they still have tons of games + accessories. lower store still have boom box for wii and some other ps3 games

I went to the city center and south common ones and they had nothing. Did you see FFTA2 of FFCC for the DS at the WEM location? I'd like to grab those ones if I can make my way over there

[quote name='maigoyume']All my locations were pretty bare when I showed up, so I printed up a bunch of the games and hopped over to FS.

PM'd Boom Blox, Trauma Centre New Blood and Nights.

Total was $31.79 after tax :lol:[/quote]

You're lucky, my FS always call for stock whenever I try to price match.

[quote name='mberkes']I went to the city center and south common ones and they had nothing. Did you see FFTA2 of FFCC for the DS at the WEM location? I'd like to grab those ones if I can make my way over there[/quote]

Both lower and upper location has FFTA 2 for DS they both had 1-2 left / I am not 100% sure about FFCC

The upper location had great selection of games for PSP/PS3/XBOX/DS

the lower location had jerks who refuses to help, but they had better game selection.

If anyone can find Metal Gear Solid essential collection, I would be happy to pick it up xD

Very nice sale, picked up some decent stuff from the Windsor Devonshire Mall location:

:360: Mercenaries 2 - 19.99
:psp: Final Fantasy: Crisis Core - 19.99
:wii: Tomb Raider Anniversary - 4.99
:psp: Killzone Liberation - 4.99
:psp: Locoroco - 96 cents !!!

:psp: Jackass: Volume 2 and 3 UMD's - 96 cents each
:psp: Beavis and Butt-head Volume 2 and 3 UMD's - 96 cents each

I picked up Kane and Lynch and C&C after school today. I didn't even know it was so near a metro station.

The guy tried to sell me a some kind of warranty on the games first, then he checked if my money was real, then ask me if I want to buy a battery pack.

Well, now I got everything I want.

[quote name='tattashot']does anybody know if Graw 2 has splitscreen coop?[/quote]

Only the multiplayer campaign has splitscreen coop. Off the top of my head, I think there are 6 missions. I think there are a few downloadable multiplayer campaign maps and I think OXM released some exclusive maps.

Thanks a lot Grease_Bits.

My haul from this was...

Boom Blox - $20 - Wii
Battlefield: Bad Company - $20 - Xbox 360
Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection - $20 - PS2
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $15 - Xbox 360
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - $5 - Xbox 360

Very happy with my selection. Tony Hawk was more just a 'spur the moment' type deal because I've been a Tony Hawk games whore since the first one. The series has been stale for a while but it ain't bad for 5 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Allawishes']Very nice sale, picked up some decent stuff from the Windsor Devonshire Mall location:

:360: Mercenaries 2 - 19.99
:psp: Final Fantasy: Crisis Core - 19.99
:wii: Tomb Raider Anniversary - 4.99
:psp: Killzone Liberation - 4.99
:psp: Locoroco - 96 cents !!!

:psp: Jackass: Volume 2 and 3 UMD's - 96 cents each
:psp: Beavis and Butt-head Volume 2 and 3 UMD's - 96 cents each[/quote]

did you notice if they had any copies of boomblox ?

bread's done
Back