Hotline Miami - $9 (10% off) (Steam code from GGG)

[quote name='AsherFischell']I just beat this today. Good game, but it has some severe design issues.[/QUOTE]
Design issues? I'm going to assume you pulled the wrong word out, and you are referring to all the crashes/bugs.

The game is great, if it wasn't for all the crashing (usually on the last floor of a chapter) I'd probably have it beaten by now. It's simple and addicting and honestly gets your blood pumping.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Design issues? I'm going to assume you pulled the wrong word out, and you are referring to all the crashes/bugs.

The game is great, if it wasn't for all the crashing (usually on the last floor of a chapter) I'd probably have it beaten by now. It's simple and addicting and honestly gets your blood pumping.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the extremely inconsistent AI and terrible boss fights more than anything. It didn't crash for me a single time.

Great game. It's well worth the $10 and the fact the author went onto The Pirate Bay and offered some tech support made this a MUST BUY for me. I stopped pirating games when Steam made it so Cheap & Easy to get games, but for an Indie developer to understand that pirating WILL HAPPEN so offering some tech support to not ruin the experience was a smart play.

I expect to see this game (and McPixel) to be in a Humble Indie Bundle soon.

For all the "free tech support" he is giving pirates, he still has yet to make the game playable on my machine. Ironically, the legitimately bought version I have doesn't run and when it does it is so slow as to e unplayable. The pirate version I have? Works perfectly before he posted two comments to TPB that somehow became a giant viral "OMG HE HELPS PIRATES" annoying story.

That said, I liked it enough after pirating to buy it. Great, fun game. I don't think the bosses are that bad either, but only the final boss really seems to follow the game mechanics properly. The rest just break the rules and kill you.

The soundtrack is great but really only in the context of the game. Kinda mediocre out of it.

The story thinks it is better than it actually is and no answers are forthcoming that at all match what goes on in the journey. Still, it's a lot better than a certain other developer that thinks its mediocre drivel is high art (Rockstar cough cough).

Overall, the story should be that this is a fun, unique, brutal game even if every line of dialogue were expunged and the game played on mute and the developer was completely invisible. Everything else is peripheral. Even the bugs that make it unplayable on my machine.

But it will go cheaper.

bread's done
Back