(HOTTER!) Cheap DS Pre-Orders with free shipping @BB.com

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
262 (100%)
If you go to www.bestbuy.com and go to DS games you will see if you buy 2 you can save $10. However all pre-orders also have free shipping. So you can pick up say Castlevania and Metroid for $25 each with free shipping. The discount won't show up until the final checkout page. Looks to work with all pre-orders....Mario Kart, Nintendogs, so on and so forth.

You might want to try to double dip on the $10 savings, since online they give you $10 off instead of the $10 giftcard this week. Get 2 games for instore pick up, then when you pick up see if they'll give you the $10 giftcard also. The discount online seems to be applied automatically, so they probably won't notice and give you the giftcard. If they do notice, you could just point out the instore ad and argue.

this is really tempting. i might have to preorder nintendogs, metroid, castlevania and maybe mario kart. 52.xx is a hella of a deal for 2 DS games. nice find OP

[quote name='CouRageouS']You might want to try to double dip on the $10 savings, since online they give you $10 off instead of the $10 giftcard this week. Get 2 games for instore pick up, then when you pick up see if they'll give you the $10 giftcard also. The discount online seems to be applied automatically, so they probably won't notice and give you the giftcard. If they do notice, you could just point out the instore ad and argue.[/QUOTE]

If someone can accomplish this, more power to them, but extreme YMMV since Best Buy stores considers online purchases as a whole different entity.

wow, i really need to do this, i ohpe the deal doesnt go away before i get money... how long does this last?

edit: checked myself, offer ENDS 6-11-05... that sucks, im broke until after this is a great deal

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']how do you guys get 52 bucks?, i added nintendogs and mariokart and said 70 bucks (75 after tax)[/QUOTE]

Metroid and Castlevania are $30 which comes to $50 plus tax after the savings where as Nintendogs and Mario Kart are $40 which comes to $70 plus tax after the savings.

[quote name='iheartmetal']wow, i really need to do this, i ohpe the deal doesnt go away before i get money... how long does this last?

edit: checked myself, offer ENDS 6-11-05... that sucks, im broke until after this is a great deal[/QUOTE]

I think they don't charge your credit card till the games ships.

Thanks OP, this deal rules

From the receipt e-mail:
"Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you."

So, no worries about overcharging my debit card.

HOTTER!!! Sonic DS and Viewtiful Joe DS were added at $30 a piece too now. $25 each with free shipping.

[quote name='jkam']HOTTER!!! Sonic DS and Viewtiful Joe DS were added at $30 a piece too now. $25 each with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Picked thes up last night along with Castlevania nd Metriod. Not bad for $100 + Tax

With the pre-orders this is almost like using a GGC.

Animal Crossing DS is also $39.99. :whistle2:(

I think I'll wait to get these in-store with a GGC when they're released. Usually they are on sale release week, and I have have pretty good success using the GGC to get them at the sale price minus $5. :)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Bah, I want Meteos and Kirby, dammit![/QUOTE]

Both have now been added to the site. Kirby is $34.99 and Metoes is $29.99!

EDIT: Just tried to order both but they do not have the free shipping option.

Instead I ordered Castlevania and Viewtiful Joe.

[quote name='dago2727']Picked thes up last night along with Castlevania nd Metriod. Not bad for $100 + Tax[/QUOTE]

I did the same, heh. thanks OP!

Credit dvdphilic at DVDTalk:

1) Go to www.bestbuy.com/order;

2) Sign in or create a new account;

3) Shop - your saving will be reflected in your online shopping cart.

Earn $10 OFF every $100 you spend online, save up to $50.

Promotion valid 6/5 - 7/9/05.

The details state that it can't be combined with other coupons or offers, but it worked for me. Ordered Nintendogs, Castlevania, Metroid and VJ for $109.21 including tax (before you write that I didn't get the extra $10 off, you should know that I pay 9.25% tax :bomb: ).

thanks for the heads up!
BTW aren't the release dates on the BB site waaaay off?
-Castlevania 08/31/2005
-Mario Kart 08/16/2005
-Advance Wars 08/16/2005

[quote name='guessed']Credit dvdphilic at DVDTalk:

The details state that it can't be combined with other coupons or offers, but it worked for me. Ordered Nintendogs, Castlevania, Metroid and VJ for $109.21 including tax (before you write that I didn't get the extra $10 off, you should know that I pay 9.25% tax :bomb: ).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this sweetens up the deal. I wonder if they will ship the games separately ? If not then it might be a long wait...

I dunno if anyone else noticed but its actually $5 off every game you order at 2 and above, a nice little exploitation for pre orders.

[quote name='guessed']Credit dvdphilic at DVDTalk:

The details state that it can't be combined with other coupons or offers, but it worked for me. Ordered Nintendogs, Castlevania, Metroid and VJ for $109.21 including tax (before you write that I didn't get the extra $10 off, you should know that I pay 9.25% tax :bomb: ).[/QUOTE]

I saw that, too. But when I read the rules, it said "entertainment pre-orders" are excluded. I wonder if they can take it away from you after your checkout.

FYI - BB is overcharging for Nintendogs and Animal Crossing... other places, including EB, have them listed @ $34.99. However, Castlevania and Metroid are listed $5 cheaper at Best Buy @ $29.99.

I endup pickup Castlevania & Metroid for $25 Each (Save $15 on Castlevania and $10 on Metroid). Thought it very good deal

Also, I try to double dip on $10 off $100 coupon but didn't work :(

All DS games are MSRP $29.99
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Bomberman
Meteos
Ultimate Brain Games
NANOSTRAY
SPYRO
LUNAR GENESIS
Ultimate Card Games
SBK SNOW BOARD KIDS
PAC'N ROLL
CHRONICLES OF NARNIA
TRAUMA CENTER UNDER KNIFE

All DS games are MSRP $34.99
Kirby Canvas Curse
Advance Wars
Nintendogs
Metroid Prime: Hunters (Great deal when you buy 2 games)
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing
MARIO & LUIGI 2

All DS games are MSRP $39.99
Madden NFL 06
YUGIOH NIGHTMARE TROUBADOUR
Ultimate Spider-Man with Bonus!
LOST IN BLUE
VIEWTIFUL JOE (Great deal when you buy 2 games)
CASTLEVANIA (Great deal when you buy 2 games)
REAL TIME CONFLICT SHOGUN

Watchout for BB overprice or Regular price tag !!

Only 3 games is catch my eyes cuz it below MSRP. Also, I can return it if i can find it cheap at store when it hit street date (combine $5 off coupon is always the best deal)

VIEWTIFUL JOE MSRP $39.99 but BB have it for $29.99
CASTLEVANIA MSRP $39.99 but BB have it for $29.99
Metroid Prime: Hunters MSRP $34.99 but BB have it for $29.99

..so... what's the best thing to do... wait till release or order now? having hard decision on what to do since I plan on getting:

Meteos
Lost in Blue
Metroid Prime Hunters
Castlevenia DS
Nintendogs
Pheonex Wright (the lawyer game)
Asian Bucket Roller-Fun (don't ask...)

Nintendo Dog is overpricing, Lost in Blue, Pheonex Wright, Meteos
is Regular price you can find all these games is cheaper when it hit store plus $5 off is extra bonus.

I did recommanded these 2 games cuz it below MSRP.
Metroid Prime Hunters
Castlevenia

[quote name='shadowknight']FYI - BB is overcharging for Nintendogs and Animal Crossing... other places, including EB, have them listed @ $34.99. However, Castlevania and Metroid are listed $5 cheaper at Best Buy @ $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't realized that Nintendogs was overpriced, but I'm not complaining. Getting it enabled me to get $10 off my order, so I'm still happy.

Castlevania, Metroid, and VJ for $22.72 + tax each, I'm ok with paying $31.80 + tax for Nintendogs.

Weak. BB said they won't charge till when they ship, but then they went ahead and charged me $170.34 the other day (I pre-ordered 6 games). Strangely, I had previously had 3 games on pre-order and they didn't charge me. Then I called to cancel them, and then re-ordered them to get the discount, and bam the next day I have a charge on my card.

I bought Kirby Canvas Curse, and Goldeneye: Rouge Agent for $62.95 after tax, and shipping. So pretty much I paid $29.99 each. Not bad, not good, it's pretty much like getting free shipping.

so is it confirmed that they charge your card automatically? or do they just make sure you have the money to pay for it, like a hold or something?

Just wondering, if I order those preorder games at the same time same order, when are they going to send it out if the games have different release date?
and if I have a released game in the bunch, will that game be send out until the preordered games are released?

[quote name='miriamleo']Just wondering, if I order those preorder games at the same time same order, when are they going to send it out if the games have different release date?
and if I have a released game in the bunch, will that game be send out until the preordered games are released?[/QUOTE]

They will ship each as it becomes available. With BB, each item has a set shipping charge associated with it, rather than the system some stores use of charging X for the first item with a much lower Y charge for each additional item. In the case of these preorders, each item has free shipping independant of the the other items in the order.

As a side note, EB is a little odd in this respect, as just ordering one used game qualifies the entire order for free shipping, but they still ship each item out as it becomes available, often 2 or 3 separate packages for a single order. Of course, this is sometimes due to them being sent from different warehouses, but I'm just rambling now.

Oh man, I wish they listed Lunar: Dragon Song then I'd be all over this.
I don't have a DS yet (No cash), but I know I'm going to play Lunar and Castlevania, because they are sequels to games that I love.

Normally I would wait for some more time to get a better deal, but I couldn't resist. I pre-ordered Kirby, Yu-gi-oh (what can I say...I dig the little card game on the GBA, the Tournament ones, looks like it plays like that), Castlevania and Viewtiful DS

[quote name='paul6']Has anyone's Castlevania DS order shipped yet?

Mine is still listed as "In Process"[/QUOTE]

Today was it's official release day I think, so you'll probably have it Saturday or Monday.

[quote name='paul6']Has anyone's Castlevania DS order shipped yet?

Mine is still listed as "In Process"[/QUOTE]

Like most of the clearance games that we ordered?

BB sucks

According to BB they shipped on the 6th, but it is now the 13th.

Did anyone receive theirs yet, and was it shipped First Class or Media Mail?

bread's done
Back