House Majority Leader vote

Drocket

CAGiversary!
As you may or may not have heard, DeLay is officially out as the House Majority Leader. They did their best to pretend that his massive legal problems would just go away, but in the end, reality always wins. First up, news of the voting:

Oops. Well, that's what happens when you use Diebold to count the ballots.

Once that little 'error' was swept under the rug, the real voting began. In the end, Blunt - widely expected to win - didn't. Instead, John Boehner managed a victory. The Republicans are trying to spin this as a 'break from corruption'. Tiny little problem there - Boehner is deeply involved in the K Street Project (if you haven't heard of it yet, you may want to start researching it - you'll be hearing a lot about it in the next year or so, once the Abramoff scandal fully breaks.)

I was actually just reading a lengthy article regarding K Street and it's influence in Washington, or rather the Republicans recent influence on K Street. If you can't get a majority of Americans to care about our government spying on and detaining our own citizens without warrants, something I believe is quite simple to understand and cuts to the core of our freedom, I don't see how the masses are going to understand the K Street Project. It all seems quite mundane and unless you can dumb it down to a third grade level and somehow tie it to a blowjob, homosexual marriage, or Bin Laden, I don't see enough people giving a damn.

lol, I actually had to go to K Street once to try to "sell" some small peanuts projects to the government to get funded for our company. What's funny is that they were asking for projects with a small scope and little funding needed, and that's what we presented. In the end, they were pissed that we didn't present some "knockout punch" or whatever they called it, and proceeded to bitch us out, along with our competitor defense contractors.

Anyways, sorry to diverge from the OP.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Is his name pronounced "boner"? Can I call him Johnny Boner?[/QUOTE]

It's pronounced, Bay-ner.

[quote name='Plumberboy']It's pronounced, Bay-ner.[/QUOTE]
That's the official story. Nigh impossible to get an ay sound out of oe.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']But I'm sure at one time it was pronounced Boner.[/QUOTE]

The headlines were "Boehner Whips Blunt." :lol:

Just don't bring up Chris Cox or Norm Dicks.

bread's done
Back