House of the Dead 2 & 3 Confirmed for March 2008

That would be awesome. In a perfect universe, we'd get a House of the Dead Collection containing:

House of the Dead (original with revamped graphics)
House of the Dead 2
House of the Dead 3
Typing of the Dead (since the Wii supports USB keyboards)

But this isn't a perfect world, so HotD 2 & 3 is fine. Hopefully, Sega's smart enough to price it accordingly ($30) like they did with Ghost Squad.

If - if - it is true, and if such games continue, then the Wii will have successfully revitalized light gun shooters.

If we get more adventure games, I'll consider that two genres.

You could argue all the shmups on the VC makes three.

Nice.

They should include the cartoony House of the Dead 3 prototype that got scrapped. Cause seeing as how it was all cartoony, that would fit great on the Wii, amirite. :p

Seriously, though, I thought it looked really cool...reminds me of TF2, now that I think about it. Being a unreleased-games enthusiast, I'd kill for a chance to play it.

hotd3pgn0.jpg
hotd3paqd5.jpg

I think these would be sweet so long as they're not expecting people to pay $49.99 for an "arcade port." What might be cool is if several light gun games were bundled a la Orange Box. Light Gun Box anybody? :D

I hope it turns out to be true (and most Gamefly leaks like this seem to be true) because I enjoyed playing HotD 1 and 2 in the arcades years ago. Hopefully Sega will also include the original HotD, it would be pretty stupid if we only got 2 and 3.

As much as it would make sense to toss in the first HotD, 2 and 3 are plenty to warrant a purchase, for me...especially if, as expected, it hits with the Ghost Squad $29.99 price point. I'd pay more than that, though, assuming it gets the same apparent sparkling treatment Ghost Squad got control-wise.

I just hope they include some new objective-based mini-games to House of the Dead 3 like there are in Dead 2. I loved playing through 3 on the Xbox, but always ended up having to play 2 pretty quickly because there just wasn't much to the whole 3 experience. Some of those mini-games using those great (I still think so, at least) HotD3 graphics would be amazing. New additions or not, I'll be picking this up at release if it's ~30 bucks or so.

Possible to include HOTD 4?
Hopefully Sega will release Virtua Cop 3............this is the only game I want and Sega cancelled Xbox version years ago......ggrrrrr

Sounds like a port of House of the Dead 3 for Xbox. Because it also had House of the Dead 2 as a unlockable. Sega will probably just port it over with HotD2 unlocked from the start.

I can't wait to hear that HOTD 2 audio again.

"We are meeting G...... over..... there"
"NO! DON'T COME! GO AWAY!!"
"There was nothing....we could do..."

Dare I say WORSE than the start of the Resident Evil series.

lol

[quote name='junghu']Possible to include HOTD 4?[/QUOTE]
Not a chance. The arcade hardware that HOTD4 runs on is about on par with the Xbox 360, so it's much, much too graphically complex for Wii.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Nice.

They should include the cartoony House of the Dead 3 prototype that got scrapped. Cause seeing as how it was all cartoony, that would fit great on the Wii, amirite. :p

Seriously, though, I thought it looked really cool...reminds me of TF2, now that I think about it. Being a unreleased-games enthusiast, I'd kill for a chance to play it.

hotd3pgn0.jpg
hotd3paqd5.jpg
[/QUOTE]
No. Please Jesus, no.

[quote name='Strell']If - if - it is true, and if such games continue, then the Wii will have successfully revitalized light gun shooters.

If we get more adventure games, I'll consider that two genres.

You could argue all the shmups on the VC makes three.[/QUOTE]

i think the wii could also successfully bring a real time strategy to a home console - especially if they ever got the balls to release a headset

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Not a chance. The arcade hardware that HOTD4 runs on is about on par with the Xbox 360, so it's much, much too graphically complex for Wii.[/QUOTE]

aou_sg24.jpg

I doubt the Wii can't do that, and even if it can't all they have to do is bump the visuals down a bit. Especially since they don't look all that great to begin with.

And when will you people learn that any game can be ported anywhere with the right adjustements. If a dev wants to put their game somewhere they will do it. So stop with the "this can't be done" nonesense.

[quote name='Scrubking']I doubt the Wii can't do that, and even if it can't all they have to do is bump the visuals down a bit. Especially since they don't look all that great to begin with.

And when will you people learn that any game can be ported anywhere with the right adjustements. If a dev wants to put their game somewhere they will do it. So stop with the "this can't be done" nonesense.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit dude, are you serious? You've never played the game, I take it. It's far, far beyond the Wii's capabilities. And that ain't a knock against the Wii or anything...it's just the truth.

It's cute how you picked the worst-looking screen of the game you could find, so that you could try and make some case for the Wii running it, but ignore ones from the same watch.impress.co.jp page that held screens like this, which we all know the Wii can't handle.

Seriously, what Wii games are you playing that look even remotely close to this or this? And yes, that's all ingame...I've beaten the game, and that first one is an exact scene from the game, minus the lack of HUD and all.

They'd have to completely redo all of the graphics in the game from scratch, with the Wii's lower graphical capabilities in mind. And that's hardly a port, isn't it?

By your reasoning, Epic could (legal and IP issues aside) "port" Gears of War to PlayStation 2; all they'd have to do is "bump the visuals down a bit."

[quote name='souljah420']how do you think they used to port arcade games before home consoles were more powerful than they are today?[/QUOTE]
They didn't. They completely reprogrammed the games from scratch, and they were always massively inferior. The huge differences between arcade and home versions of games used to be one of the biggest pains in gamers' sides.

If HOTD4 comes to Wii, it would be a completely different game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']stuff[/QUOTE]

Let me repeat myself. If a developer wants to port their game to a system they will do it. Whatever you think you know about the game, hardware or gaming in general is irrelevant. You may not even classify it as a port, but it doesn't matter what you think. The only thing that matters is what a developer wants to do with their software.

I'm so sick of this "game can't be ported" bullshit. Developers will do whatever they want to do with their game whether you think they can or not. Capcom wanted to put RE4 on a cellphone and they did. You may not like it, you may not even call it a port, but it doesn't change the fact that it's there and people are playing and enjoying it.

[quote name='Scrubking']Let me repeat myself. If a developer wants to port their game to a system they will do it. Whatever you think you know about the game, hardware or gaming in general is irrelevant. You may not even classify it as a port, but it doesn't matter what you think. The only thing that matters is what a developer wants to do with their software.

I'm so sick of this "game can't be ported" bullshit. Developers will do whatever they want to do with their game whether you think they can or not. Capcom wanted to put RE4 on a cellphone and they did. You may not like it, you may not even call it a port, but it doesn't change the fact that it's there and people are playing and enjoying it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, no shit, I've sung the "anything is theoretically possible" song long before you.

To make the same example as before but with different names: BioWare could "port" Mass Effect to N64. But it would actually need to be completely remade from scratch, and would also be completely and utterly impractical.

HOTD4 cannot be ported to Wii. It could be completely remade (or "demade", if you will), but not ported. While, again, anything is possible, in this case, it's beyond impractical. It won't happen, even though it theoretically could.

Yes, developers can completely re-do their games for any platform they want, but they can't necessarily port any given game to all other systems. When talking about true ports, technical limitations count.

Seriously, if you don't understand how a game like HOTD4 being made available for Wii would be different from a port, then I don't have time to teach you.

The RE4 Mobile Edition is not a port (seriously, get your damned terms straight). It shares no common codebase or graphical elements with any other version of the game. Everything was completely remade with the phone's capabilities in mind.

I'll get it when It's $10 since I already got 3 on the XBox. So much for only being on XBox ;) damn you MS! LMAO!

If this includes the original or more extras I'll reconsider for $20 - $30.

[quote name='Scrubking']
I doubt the Wii can't do that, and even if it can't all they have to do is bump the visuals down a bit. Especially since they don't look all that great to begin with.

And when will you people learn that any game can be ported anywhere with the right adjustements. If a dev wants to put their game somewhere they will do it. So stop with the "this can't be done" nonesense.[/QUOTE]
Obviously you have never played this game in the arcades. It looks absolutely incredible in motion. There is no way in fuck the Wii could handle it, and that screenshot you posted does it absolutely zero justice. It's like you deliberately found the shittiest screenshot of it you could find, and posted it so you can claim that you have some idea of what you're talking about, when you don't.

[quote name='UltimoRey']Im excited by this, but I'll miss the shotgun lightgun from the arcade of HotD3. I was awesome with that thing.[/QUOTE]
This needs a peripheral of its own. I loved the pump action in the arcades, part of the gameplay was getting ridiculously tired. :lol:

[quote name='Strell']If - if - it is true, and if such games continue, then the Wii will have successfully revitalized light gun shooters.[/QUOTE]
Maybe after new ones come out instead of ports ;)

The Xbox version of HOTD 3 had the full version of HOTD 2 in it as well, so this isn't exactly groundbreaking.

That said, if this comes out at $20, I'm on it.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Obviously you have never played this game in the arcades. It looks absolutely incredible in motion. There is no way in fuck the Wii could handle it, and that screenshot you posted does it absolutely zero justice. It's like you deliberately found the shittiest screenshot of it you could find, and posted it so you can claim that you have some idea of what you're talking about, when you don't.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because I wanted to spend my afternoon hunting down the crappiest pic of a game just to make a little point that doesn't even matter in the big picture.

When are you people going to understand that any game can be ported to anywhere? Stop clinging to your narrow views of what a port is because they are wrong. RE4 is on a cellphone for fucks sake. It's on a fucking cellphone! Are you going to tell Capcom it's not a port because some internet nerd says so?

This whole argument is one of the dumbest things I've seen in my life. All sorts of games have been ported to all sorts of systems, yet people continue to try and dictate from their home computer seat what games can go where. It's fucking crazy.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
It's cute how you picked the worst-looking screen of the game you could find, so that you could try and make some case for the Wii running it, but ignore ones from the same watch.impress.co.jp page that held screens like this, which we all know the Wii can't handle.

Seriously, what Wii games are you playing that look even remotely close to this or this? And yes, that's all ingame...I've beaten the game, and that first one is an exact scene from the game, minus the lack of HUD and all.[/quote]

Or better yet, just show the game in action:
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YYzf6WiXZl8[/MEDIA]

It does seem possible on the Wii if it was toned down a bit. Nice to see that they sped up the gameplay.

If sega have it MSRP $29.99 i'll pickup on the 1st day or possible pre-order it. Also, i wanted Virtua Cop 1 & 2 too. I wish NAMCO & Bandai re-release Point Blank Anothology on Wii :)

[quote name='Scrubking']Yes, because I wanted to spend my afternoon hunting down the crappiest pic of a game just to make a little point that doesn't even matter in the big picture.

When are you people going to understand that any game can be ported to anywhere? Stop clinging to your narrow views of what a port is because they are wrong. RE4 is on a cellphone for fucks sake. It's on a fucking cellphone! Are you going to tell Capcom it's not a port because some internet nerd says so?

This whole argument is one of the dumbest things I've seen in my life. All sorts of games have been ported to all sorts of systems, yet people continue to try and dictate from their home computer seat what games can go where. It's fucking crazy.[/QUOTE]
Dude, go read my last post. I tried to be nice about it, but you refuse to even consider how you're mistaken, so I'll drop the nice bit.

If you don't understand how HOTD4 on Wii would be no more of a port than Bioshock on PS1 would, then you're a fucking dumbass of the highest caliber, and you need to stop spreading your retardation.

Wii fanboy dumbass.

[quote name='mykevermin']The Xbox version of HOTD 3 had the full version of HOTD 2 in it as well, so this isn't exactly groundbreaking.

That said, if this comes out at $20, I'm on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that kinda confused me... it doesn't seem like this is a better package or anything.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, that kinda confused me... it doesn't seem like this is a better package or anything.[/QUOTE]
Well, I guess one advantage of the Wii version would be that you don't have to pay extra for a lightgun...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, I guess one advantage of the Wii version would be that you don't have to pay extra for a lightgun...[/QUOTE]

That's true, but I'd think it'd still be far cheaper to grab the Xbox version and a lightgun at this point. But either way, I do hope that they've got something extra in there so that this won't feel like a straight port of a game from 2002. If they do add something new like improved graphics or something else worthwhile... then I'll probably pick this up.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']why don't they throw in hod4 too![/QUOTE]

Unless I'm mistaken, HOTD 4 is on the Lindbergh hardware, so there's no way it'd run on the Wii without looking like dog shit.

bread's done
Back