House party is back. Apply for two free PS3 Move controllers + more!

I didn't get in. For those of you who did, did you guys opt in to have a representative come to your party? I feel thats how they based their decision on who gets in or not. I BS through that survey so well, thats the only reason I can think of :lol:

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I didn't get in. For those of you who did, did you guys opt in to have a representative come to your party? I feel thats how they based their decision on who gets in or not. I BS through that survey so well, thats the only reason I can think of :lol:[/QUOTE]

Naw, I didn't get in and i opted that i would allow a rep over. I really wanted this, but maybe they want people who don't play soo much. My uncle really wanted it too, and he has 2 children thatt were thrilled and didn't get in either.

Well, turns out I may have botched my own chances at this. Turns out I had the abbreviation for Virginia as my zip code. Doh!!!

I received an email from a rep wanting to film a commercial in the Chicagoland area for the house party. It stated that they might have to move furniture and to re-wire the home. It also said that each member would have to sign a SCEA waiver.

I emailed back declining the filming since it seemed like what she was saying was optional. Hopefully that doesn't ruin my chances of getting the move.

[quote name='bigsick']I received an email from a rep wanting to film a commercial in the Chicagoland area for the house party. It stated that they might have to move furniture and to re-wire the home. It also said that each member would have to sign a SCEA waiver.

I emailed back declining the filming since it seemed like what she was saying was optional. Hopefully that doesn't ruin my chances of getting the move.[/QUOTE]

That makes me a little nervous...

If anyone get an extra camera from the party can you hook a poor gamer up? I can only afford a move controller lol what good is that without the camera.

Wish they would just send out a sports champion bundle, extra remote and singstar bundle... instead of two individual controllers, eye and singstar bundle... I'd so pay the extra 10 for sports champions

[quote name='DeeEmEcks']Wish they would just send out a sports champion bundle, extra remote and singstar bundle... instead of two individual controllers, eye and singstar bundle... I'd so pay the extra 10 for sports champions[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens or if we are really lucky 2 bundles and a singstar bundle. I got into the DJ Hero party and they sent 2 bundles instead of a bundle and a standalone turntable.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens or if we are really lucky 2 bundles and a singstar bundle. I got into the DJ Hero party and they sent 2 bundles instead of a bundle and a standalone turntable.[/QUOTE]

That would be pretty sweet, though I'm very happy :D with getting to throw a party and keeping the stuff.

Is it true that houseparty gave away ModNation Racers Dynamic Themes? If so, and someone has an extra- I would LOVE one. It is the game I am currently playing (so it is my background), and I love the game to death.

I may have sometime small for it too!

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is it true that houseparty gave away ModNation Racers Dynamic Themes? If so, and someone has an extra- I would LOVE one. It is the game I am currently playing (so it is my background), and I love the game to death.

I may have sometime small for it too!

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

They sent them to almost everyone that won PSMove house parties (1st & 2nd Round) I used mine as fast as I opened the email with the code, my son is a huge fan of the game.
But the real kicker is, the next morning I had an email, Saying I won a random drawing for the sports champion move bundle! Don't know why they would give it to someone they already gave a 2 controller setup to, for free. It showed up on Saturday, just a couple days after the email, so I'm just giving that to my brother because he didn't win this party either.

I think the MNR theme was for the afterparty. For those of you who don't already know, they also have an AFTERPARTY party. The afterparty is for the Sony VIP program, where they make you do stupid little challenges that take little-to-no effort regardless of whether or not you have Move. You can apply for it despite not being awarded the chance to host a party.

You get points for doing tasks (pics, vids, posts, up to 300 pts per month). They have three prize levels, here is what it is this month
Level 1 (Sports Champions Dynamic Theme)
Level 2 (SC DT + UnlockAll)
Level 3 (SC DT + UnlockAll + Avatar Pack)

Each month they give away something different. I think the first month was that MNR stuff. Anyway, they also have a random drawing from all of the party members and award 25 with gifts (10x PSN card, 10x PSN Card, 5x Move SC Bundles). At the end of the party period (running through to Dec. I believe) they will offer the chance to host VIP rewards parties... no idea what will be included with that... but it will only be available for people who sign up to the afterparty.

This month they

They just posted this morning that party packs have shipped:

http://houseparty.com/conversations/partytalk_view_post/singstardance/party-packs-are-coming-soon-5

Also, a little more detail about what is included:
Your FREE party pack includes:

SingStar® Dance reusable dishwasher safe plastic cups (15 per pack)
SingStar® Dance Judge Cards (1 pack per pack which includes 6 cards)
SingStar® Dance magnets (10 per household)
Napkins (1 pack per household)
Coke® Coupon (1 per pack)
Subway® coupons(1 per pack)
American Express Pass prepaid credit card brochure (15 per pack)
a set of SingStar® mics
SingStar® Dance game
2 PlayStation®Move controllers
1 Eye Motion camera

[quote name='DeeEmEcks']I think the MNR theme was for the afterparty. For those of you who don't already know, they also have an AFTERPARTY party. The afterparty is for the Sony VIP program, where they make you do stupid little challenges that take little-to-no effort regardless of whether or not you have Move. You can apply for it despite not being awarded the chance to host a party.

You get points for doing tasks (pics, vids, posts, up to 300 pts per month). They have three prize levels, here is what it is this month
Level 1 (Sports Champions Dynamic Theme)
Level 2 (SC DT + UnlockAll)
Level 3 (SC DT + UnlockAll + Avatar Pack)

Each month they give away something different. I think the first month was that MNR stuff. Anyway, they also have a random drawing from all of the party members and award 25 with gifts (10x PSN card, 10x PSN Card, 5x Move SC Bundles). At the end of the party period (running through to Dec. I believe) they will offer the chance to host VIP rewards parties... no idea what will be included with that... but it will only be available for people who sign up to the afterparty.

This month they[/QUOTE]

How does one get into the afterparty? I want a Sports Champions Dynamic Theme

Hey guys, apparently there was a second chance drawing on the HouseParty facebook app. If you submitted your video last week (And on the website) you are eligible for people to vote on you this week.

[quote name='thewookie']Yeah, If you like my video and like to vote too, I'd appreciate it. UberSwiss, loved your video. It was one of the few creative ones.

Here's mine:
http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/64964/voteable_entries/9754809?ogn=website&order=[/QUOTE]

A great marriage party? ............ ......................

Alright, I voted for you guys who posted in the thread for the simple reason that our house got in and would like to see more CAGs get in on it... but wow. Those videos... Wow.... haha

[quote name='DeeEmEcks']A great marriage party? ............ ......................[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had already said "engagement party" on the actual video but I felt that marriage party was just a ridiculous thing to say.

Yeah, some of the comments are pretty harsh.

[quote name='thewookie']Yeah, If you like my video and like to vote too, I'd appreciate it. UberSwiss, loved your video. It was one of the few creative ones.

Here's mine:
http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/64964/voteable_entries/9754809?ogn=website&order=[/QUOTE]

Oh, THAT'S why you're high ranked.

My video is here:
http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/64964/voteable_entries/9669278?ogn=facebook&order=votes
I see you guys are pretty secure in the lead now, I wouldn't mind some help, getting up from #9.
(If I win, I'll be giving away the PS Eye and Singstar Mics, since I already have a bunch.)

The Top 5 all win, so it's possible for us all to win. Let's beat the soccer moms!

I voted for all three of you, since I got in on this in the first round. Comments are pretty harsh, but the videos are pretty bad :) Oh well, let them leave harsh comments... all the way to you receiving a party pack! :)

[quote name='dyeknom']I voted for all three of you, since I got in on this in the first round. Comments are pretty harsh, but the videos are pretty bad :) Oh well, let them leave harsh comments... all the way to you receiving a party pack! :)[/QUOTE]
I even put on a silly wig!

I'm just insulted that someone uploaded a Lady gaga video or people putting up sideways shots or just still frames. :whistle2:/ It's like they have no clue.

And video submissions are still open because people had trouble submitting before. I especially like the handful that are marked as private.
It sucks, too, for those that did Facebook Video upload, because only the YouTube ones get thumbnails.

Yeah. A few of the moms on the page are wondering the same. It's not just ONE video. BOTH of the most recent submissions got a shortcut to #1.

There's 3 possibilities, as I see it:
1) We're all downvoting a TON, so really we're all balanced out to a low number, so a new entry climbs fast.
2) Bot net to garner a ton of votes
3) Their shit is fucked up.

I'm going with #1, maybe. If they'd display the scores, it would answer a lot of issues, also eliminate the downvotes, which essentially allows NEW ENTRIES to have a GREATER chance of winning, which is really STUPID.

Also, the "vote once a day" thing is really a 24-hour reset on votes. Meaning you have to vote like 1 minute after you voted the day before, meaning you probably are going to lose a day or so on votes, especially if your friends voted at different times during the day. I'm really appalled at how poorly this is being handled right now.

Requiring 2 video uploads, thumbnails only on 1 type, extended upload date which seems to FAVOR late uploads, people submitting videos over the 20-90 second guideline, people submitting videos which have NOTHING to do with the game (IE: Lady Gaga), etc.

I really hope those get filtered out at the end, so really a bunch of the top winners get shafted.

Yeah, this contest is pretty poor. I'm glad to see that my two favorites are actually here. M3wThr33, I actually told my friends about how great your video was.

Yeah, that new video made no sense. I thought they couldn't be added after a certain time?

Edit: Another new video, again shot straight up to number one. What is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thewookie']Yeah, this contest is pretty poor. I'm glad to see that my two favorites are actually here. M3wThr33, I actually told my friends about how great your video was.

Yeah, that new video made no sense. I thought they couldn't be added after a certain time?

Edit: Another new video, again shot straight up to number one. What is this?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I have no idea what is going on. At least you and I are still in the top 5. Now we need to get our other fellow CAG up there and his massive SingStar collection lol.

It's likely a bot, report it. I definitely question the validity of an entry that shoots straight to #1 within 20 minutes of posting when the contest has been in the voting stage that long

They allowed new entries after people had trouble uploading.
But the problem is the voting system.
You can vote yourself up and others down. That's fine for a system based on a lot of people, but this isn't random people visiting the page. The vast majority of traffic is ONLY from people brought there to vote for a specific group.

So instead of allowing the best to naturally rise, it's a popularity contest, that's not a BAD thing, but there's a design issue.
By voting someone down, you take away a point from a vote up. Pretty simple, even though the values are hidden. What that means is you essentially get TWO votes. One for you up, and one for all the rest down. Again, not a big deal.

BUT the LIVE submissions throw a wrench in the works. Imagine the scores of 10 people. Every person voting votes themself up and the rest down. That means that the most popular people are actually around a neutral score, but the BOTTOM people have NEGATIVE numbers. Again, not an issue for the popularity contest. Once you add LIVE SUBMISSIONS, you have people STARTING OUT at 0, with no down votes, meaning they place ahead of everyone, as opposed to the bottom.

THAT is the issue. No one is cheating, the system is broken. The later your entry, the higher your chance to win.

It's just getting ridiculous. I get the feeling that come final day of voting, 5 random videos will come out of nowhere and win.

I also despise the whole vote up or vote down system. I personally have not voted anyone down, but that's just me. Voting has turned into a game, and voting down is apart of that.

Well, it went from:

"A sure bet, there's no way they have more power than my Internet friends"
to
"Why is Lady Gaga higher than me?"
to
"Really? A 5-minute ago submission is winning?"

I'll still give it a shot, but this system is horribly broken.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I thought throughout this whole thing.

Yesterday I went on in the afternoon, and there were no thumbs up or downs. It was simply a Vote! button, but I guess they removed that. Oh well.

Lol, even though I've been in the top 5 the entire voting period, I got called a cheater because I didn't have comments on my video. Solid argument.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Lol, even though I've been in the top 5 the entire voting period, I got called a cheater because I didn't have comments on my video. Solid argument.[/QUOTE]

These are dumb women that have no clue how the Internet works. I explained the system to them but they don't understand. To them it's all family or cheating.

Looks like the ranks improved in our favor overnight, though. I'm up to 6th now. And you guys are back up top again.

[quote name='M3wThr33']These are dumb women that have no clue how the Internet works. I explained the system to them but they don't understand. To them it's all family or cheating.

Looks like the ranks improved in our favor overnight, though. I'm up to 6th now. And you guys are back up top again.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, where are you chatting it up with these ladies?

This contest completely annoyed me. After a day or so I was top 1 or 2. Then next I checked I was 2nd from last.

I saw the thumbs down but didn't realize you could actually down vote others. Pretty dumb if you ask me. Plus, like has been mentioned here all the non-creative ones getting up on the leaderboards pi$$ed me off. Mine wasn't great but I tried for crying out loud. V-O-T-E vote for me. Was the best one if you could it when it was live :bouncy:

Oh well, I should've got it with you guys earlier LOL.

instead, I deleted the video and said screw the whole thing. Can still vote for me if you care to, but theres no vid :p you know for giggles.

I'll gladly vote for the CAGs if there is a list somewhere out there.

EDIT: nevermind, its only the last page so I think I have the list of CAG entries

bread's done
Back