Houston Texas CAG's!Represent!

[quote name='OpeL']lived in dallas for 5 years, just moved to houston...i must say houston blows :p[/quote]
I lived in Manhattan for 5 years, moved back 2 yrs ago. I live in the Montrose (at W. Grey), and I gotta admit- it sucks here.

I'm not sure why everyone/anyone is in denial, unless they just have limited exposure to the rest of the country, or even state.

Houston is what the politicians have made it- a corrupt business park. When I left before 2000 there seemed to be some hope, lots of new-ness about. Now everything seems run down, and sad.

Dude, even former haunts such as that cheesy Dave and Busters on Richmond- it's so awful now. They let children under 18 party all night there. fucking morons built new stadiums totalling billions of $$, and sold the Summit to that mullet wearing idiot Joel Osteen (Lakewood Church).

There is absolutely 0, zero, zilch, nada, no concern over quality of life issues in Houston: Most of my friends from out of state attribute this to the "country" mentality of the citizens- they feel that b/c they live in texas, with it's wide open spaces, they have the right to abuse their neighbors and trash everything out. If people cared about where they lived, here in Houston, they'd just...stop. But they dont, and so the continual cycle of abuse and degeneration continues.

The whole town is a huge Ghettoplex, sorta like living in Deer Park: you know you're not as bad b/c you're not in Pasadena (aka: Hell's Cesspool), but no matter how much air freshner you use you'll never make your home more than it is.

It's just sad, to me- all the potential H-town had when I was younger, shot to shit by the home owners, lack of voting, and useless politicians.

Yes, I am looking for work outside of the City/State. Anywhere else in Texas would be to my liking.

That being said- we should all get together, get drunk, and pretend like we don't live here by playing some games sometime. Anyone down?

Aren't we all enemies? I mean too me another CAG is a rival. I'm not really social so the friend aspect of is really lost on me. o_O

I'd also hardly consider Houston, "hell."
Also work at UH over the years I've come to the conclusion. Houstonians don't like Dallas, and Dallasians(?) don't like Houston. Get over it. Nobody likes your city. :roll:

If anyone's still looking, I just got back from the Meyerland Circuit City and they had multiple copies of just about all the $8.96 clearance 360 games. It was so stocked that I'd be surprised if they didn't have many of the other system games as well.
[quote name='meesterjojo']I'm not sure why everyone/anyone is in denial, unless they just have limited exposure to the rest of the country, or even state.[/quote]
I've lived in 9 states (counting the ones I lived in for > 1 year), including both coasts and Hawaii. I love Houston. It has many of the things I need that only a top 10 city can provide (thriving fine arts, etc.) while giving me a small town feeling that communities need to grow and be successful. To each their own, but somebody loves and hates everywhere. Hell, I knew people in Hawaii that did nothing but complain and that place is heaven on earth (for the right individual in the right circumstance). If a city isn't right for you then I encourage you to continue to journey until you find your place.

But crapping on some place because you don't dig it is just lame, dude.

I'm going to see if they still got a Parappa the Rapper then. Thanks.

[quote name='speedracer']If anyone's still looking, I just got back from the Meyerland Circuit City and they had multiple copies of just about all the $8.96 clearance 360 games. It was so stocked that I'd be surprised if they didn't have many of the other system games as well.

I've lived in 9 states (counting the ones I lived in for > 1 year), including both coasts and Hawaii. I love Houston. It has many of the things I need that only a top 10 city can provide (thriving fine arts, etc.) while giving me a small town feeling that communities need to grow and be successful. To each their own, but somebody loves and hates everywhere. Hell, I knew people in Hawaii that did nothing but complain and that place is heaven on earth (for the right individual in the right circumstance). If a city isn't right for you then I encourage you to continue to journey until you find your place.

But crapping on some place because you don't dig it is just lame, dude.[/quote]

Sup all. Lived in Houston mst of my life. Currently living next door in Stafford, but where I live is right on the edge, so it might as well be Houston. Has anyone checked out the Circuit City on 59 and Bellaire on the selection of $8.96 games yet?

[quote name='cycophuk']Sup all. Lived in Houston mst of my life. Currently living next door in Stafford, but where I live is right on the edge, so it might as well be Houston. Has anyone checked out the Circuit City on 59 and Bellaire on the selection of $8.96 games yet?[/quote]
I haven't made it back over there in a while.

WOW! Forgot I created this thread.

Lived in Kingwood when I created it and now live in Livingston. lol Talk about a step down.

[quote name='DX']WOW! Forgot I created this thread.

Lived in Kingwood when I created it and now live in Livingston. lol Talk about a step down.[/quote]

hahaha thats owned... north richmond/katy area here....

so...

i guess houston CAG is not happenin...considering this thread was started 3 years ago and it only has 4pages....

[quote name='kastonie']hahaha thats owned... north richmond/katy area here....

so...

i guess houston CAG is not happenin...considering this thread was started 3 years ago and it only has 4pages....[/QUOTE]

Revive it then!!

I'm just north of Houston, and I pass more than 5 EB/Gamestops on my way home from work, not to mention there is a gamecrazy, 2 eb's, and atleast 2 gamestops here in the Woodlands. I work in the Galleria, and there is a gamestop and a eb there as well. Plenty of places to buy games, but I prefer Goozex or Amazon really.

Live on FM 1960 and Tomball pkwy 249. I have a PlayNTrade 5 minutes away from me by AMC. BTW they have Rock Band on sale there for like $155, just tell em Ed from CheapAss Gamer sent ya.

I'm located in the NW Houston 290-Barker Cypress area. I went to PlayNTrade by amc24 on Christmas day, I think they just were opening because the store seemed empty product wise. Are they stocked now, and/or offer good prices? I did like how they had older systems that gamestop doesn't carry anymore.

[quote name='Y2J850']I'm located in the NW Houston 290-Barker Cypress area. I went to PlayNTrade by amc24 on Christmas day, I think they just were opening because the store seemed empty product wise. Are they stocked now, and/or offer good prices? I did like how they had older systems that gamestop doesn't carry anymore.[/quote]

They don't have much at the moment seeing as they just opened a couple of months ago. They do get the occasional gems which I picked up (Skies of Arcadia Legends :gc:, Shen Mue 2 :xbox:, PSO ep 1 & 2 :gc: with :gc: modem). They even have a Legend of Zelda gold cart (NES) in there and both versions of Ocarina of Time (Gold and Grey-which I hear is quite rare).

[quote name='ryanredzie']They don't have much at the moment seeing as they just opened a couple of months ago. They do get the occasional gems which I picked up (Skies of Arcadia Legends :gc:, Shen Mue 2 :xbox:, PSO ep 1 & 2 :gc: with :gc: modem). They even have a Legend of Zelda gold cart (NES) in there and both versions of Ocarina of Time (Gold and Grey-which I hear is quite rare).[/quote]
They have a couple of coupons out giving extra store credit for trade-ins which stack wtih thier memberership card. They also take in movies and cell phones in for trade.

whats up everyone...started out in katy but had to move out to baytown for work. just checking in. ive been playing 360 for a year and just bought a wii last week.

i wanna give thanks to you guys for any "heads ups" ahead of time. any help saving money is much appreciated

Whats up fellas repin' North side. Spring/Klein. Also theres like four game stores around here. like a play N Trade, Eb games, Game top, and i think one more but not to sure. Ether way tho Houston has plenty of game stores around. Oh yea on a side note, how bout them rockets tearing it up. Sry if i went off topic.

[quote name='Y2J850']I'm located in the NW Houston 290-Barker Cypress area. I went to PlayNTrade by amc24 on Christmas day, I think they just were opening because the store seemed empty product wise. Are they stocked now, and/or offer good prices? I did like how they had older systems that gamestop doesn't carry anymore.[/quote]
Hey Everyone!

I am one of the owners of the Play N Trade out by the AMC 24. We are slowly getting more stock in every day. We thought about getting a ton of used stuff from other vendors, but since it was xmas time, the picking were slim. The upside though is that we offer more in trade in order to build up our inventory. In fact, my sales staff has been known to reward a bit more store credit if the game traded is in great condition. Plus we are getting those rare gems every so often, the most recent was an Atari Jaguar with about 9 games.

We do run daily specials, which are as followed:

Sunday - 10% of all new and used accessories
Monday - Free Nerd Energy Drink with $10 purchase (and if you have not had a Nerd Energy Drink, ask for Jim and he will hook you up)
Tuesday - Buy 2 used games and get third one of equal or lessor value
Wednesday - 5% off all new games
Thursday - 25% more store credit when tradining in a 360/Wii/PS3 Game
Friday - 10/10/10 Membership are only $7
Saturday - Manager Special .... Whatever Liz, the store manager, decides.

Our 10/10/10 card (10% mroe in trade, 10% off used games and accessories) does stack with our daily specials and with any coupons we have out there. Plus all 10/10/10 members can get thier disc based games, movies and cd repairs for half off and receive a special members price on all tournaments.

We are a place for gamers by gamers. If you have any suggestion for the store, please let me know.

If anyone lives in the college station area and you're looking for a wii, there is one in stock at FX video game exchange in post oak mall.

[quote name='PNTWillowbrook']Hey Everyone!

I am one of the owners of the Play N Trade out by the AMC 24. We are slowly getting more stock in every day. We thought about getting a ton of used stuff from other vendors, but since it was xmas time, the picking were slim. The upside though is that we offer more in trade in order to build up our inventory. In fact, my sales staff has been known to reward a bit more store credit if the game traded is in great condition. Plus we are getting those rare gems every so often, the most recent was an Atari Jaguar with about 9 games.

We do run daily specials, which are as followed:

Sunday - 10% of all new and used accessories
Monday - Free Nerd Energy Drink with $10 purchase (and if you have not had a Nerd Energy Drink, ask for Jim and he will hook you up)
Tuesday - Buy 2 used games and get third one of equal or lessor value
Wednesday - 5% off all new games
Thursday - 25% more store credit when tradining in a 360/Wii/PS3 Game
Friday - 10/10/10 Membership are only $7
Saturday - Manager Special .... Whatever Liz, the store manager, decides.

Our 10/10/10 card (10% mroe in trade, 10% off used games and accessories) does stack with our daily specials and with any coupons we have out there. Plus all 10/10/10 members can get thier disc based games, movies and cd repairs for half off and receive a special members price on all tournaments.

We are a place for gamers by gamers. If you have any suggestion for the store, please let me know.[/quote]

sorry to ask this but were is you store located it at, please gave the address .

[quote name='jab1989']sorry to ask this but were is you store located it at, please gave the address .[/quote]

Sorry for the delay. We are located in the Willowbrook Plaza on Gessner and 249. We are right in front of the AMC 24 Movie Theater.

[quote name='teampunjabi']Any1 know how much a Dreamcast would be worth at an EB Games / Gamestop?[/quote]

EB Games/Gamestop no longer deals with that system.

For a used Dreamcast with all the cords and controller will be about $15 store credit at our store, but if you mention that you are a CAG member, and I will get your more.

We normally sell used Dreamcast systems around $29.99.

out in NW Houston here (actually outside of Tomball).

Generally, I pick over the 1960/249 area (work around there)....so what is good is there are about 3 targets that I have quick access to, the Toysrus, CC and a BB (although it is pretty weak on deals).

Anyways, was going by the I-45 BB a few days back and they had a boatload of 50% off games.....look in the BB thread for an idea.

I grabbed the last 2 blast works for 9.99 from the best buy on I-10 and Bunker Hill. But the Target in Memorial City Mall seems to be a decent place to find liquidation games.

hey hey!

I registered a while back but this is my first time checking out and posting on this forum.

NW Houston is my domain. :bouncy:

anyone know any good deals on Soul Caliber 4?
(I know it just came out and all so the chances of it being on sale is low...wishful thinking? lol)

Just grabbed master of illusion (ds), dragon Quest, and fire emblem (both wii) for 13.57 each at the circuit city on san felipe and 610. They had copies of Fire Emblem, Master of Illusion, Nights, Zak and Wiki and a few others still in stock. Worth going just for Fire Emblem if you want it. Still hard to find elsewhere for under 30$ and its a good long game. Check the cc clearence thread for a complete list of games that are marked down :)

Just want to let everyone know that the Play N Trade in the Willowbrook Plaza (249 and Gessner Dr) is allowing those without power to bring in thier in system and hook-up to one of the eight TVs available to play. We understand how much is sucks no being able to play games with the power out for an extended periods of time.

That's nice of you. I hope you letting folks charge those PSPs and DSs. Hell, it's pretty much the main reason I came to work. A dead PSP turns me into a Ike victim. Otherwise I'm just a gamer patiently waiting for the power to get cut back on.

bread's done
Back