How are limited is the GOW 3 ultimate edition

jsmoove05

CAGiversary!
Hey all how many you think they produced of these and do you see this going up in value in the future it seems pretty awesome i picked up one for myself just wondering your thoughts on this.

I suspect that its not going to be something you'd want to buy for investment purposes.

1) Its called the Ultimate Edition, not Limited Edition. I looked at a few of the articles reporting its announcement and nothing was mentioned regarding it being either particularly limited or numbered.

2) SCEA doesnt have a track record of publishing rare games or editions as far as I know.

I think odds are its going to be like the Halo 3 Legendary Edition or GTA 4 Special Edition, something for series enthusiasts.

Well, unlike the Halo 3 & GTA 4 SE's, you can't pre-order the GOWIII until the release date since stores aren't taking pre-orders for them anymore, and haven't for the past couple of weeks. SE's, especially Halo 3's and GTA4's took stores to the cleaners.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']1) Its called the Ultimate Edition, not Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]

When people assert this, it kinda bugs me. If publishers followed the literal meaning, then this would be true, but they don't. In the end, it's really just semantics. Limited Edition doesn't actually mean anything in terms of rarity anymore. Case in point, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is releasing a Limited Edition. That includes EVERY SINGLE new copy of the game. Prince of Persia did this as well.

As for rarer titles? Demon's Souls was called the "Deluxe Edition" and Tales of Vesperia was called the "Premium" or "Special" Editions. What the technical name is means very little as far as its production run.

That said, I have a feeling you'll be able to pick this one up if you show up on day one.

No one knows because it's not out yet. Anyone who says anything contrary is just taking a shot in the dark.

bread's done
Back