How are you getting your PS3?

DarkNessBear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey, this is just a quick question to see how is everyone going to get their PS3!
For me, I already have 2-3 friends together that are going to wait outside for it. We haven't decided where, or when. But we are planning on staying atleast a day outside. (It will be just fun.)

What you guys planning on?

1) I don't feel like dropping half a grand on a game system (which for me is saying a LOT)

2) I don't feel like standing outside for some ridiculous amount of time

I very likely won't be getting PS3 at launch

I[quote name='twhi1974']The poll needs an option for not getting one at all.[/quote]

I was going to put that option, but due to the only 10 questions, I decided to drop it.

Because, if you are not going to get one.

Why the fuck are you here? Get the fuck out.

K thanks.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I

I was going to put that option, but due to the only 10 questions, I decided to drop it.

Because, if you are not going to get one.

Why the fuck are you here? Get the fuck out.

K thanks.[/QUOTE]

Because you asked, thats why we're here. I'm glad you decided "I'm going to win it in a contest" was a more valid response then I won't be getting the damn thing.

[quote name='gofishn']Because you asked, thats why we're here. I'm glad you decided "I'm going to win it in a contest" was a more valid response then I won't be getting the damn thing.[/quote]

I didnt ask, "YOU GOING TO GET ONE? YES OR NO?"

I was simply asking those that are, how are you going to get it?
Wii fanboys are like annoying younger brothers.

I'm preordering mine at EB, and hopefully waiting outside to get one for somebody. I waited outside at Wal-Mart for a 360, and I'll do it again because it was pretty fun. I'll be first this time though, just to piss everybody else off and probably die from the weather.

[quote name='nickmad']im going to create a poll called "I hate DarkNessBear" and it will only have one option....guess what it is.[/quote]

I hate DarkNessBear:
1. I hate him because he defends the PS3 on a PS3 forum.

Might want to add another option to the poll. Steal one from person who purchases one at midnight. I am not planning to get one, but if you are thinking of lining up take friends and a baseball bat. You can guarantee someone will be waiting in the empty mall parking lot for you at $600 a pop...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I didnt ask, "YOU GOING TO GET ONE? YES OR NO?"

I was simply asking those that are, how are you going to get it?
Wii fanboys are like annoying younger brothers.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you sure got me, a real Wii fanboy here! I do actually plan to get a Wii, but I also ordered a 360 yesterday. I think I'll go the Wii60 route for less than a PS3.

I chose not getting one at launch. I might be getting a 360 instead....mainly because of the price difference and I'm really not liking Sony's approach to everything this gen. I'll probably wait a while to see how things work out.

other:

getting one with the profits made from ebaying other PS3s at launch. i figure selling 1-2 units should be enough to pay for one of my own, but if the price is right i may just forgo getting one at launch. paying $600 to be a beta tester for hardware is not my idea of fun and excitement.

I chose other because I will probably get one after launch through trade-in credit at GS/EB or Gamerush like I did with my 360 which at 400 bucks only cost me 200 in real cash so I will be trading in a nice amount of games to cover the cost which in dollars will be in the 200 to 300 range.

Pre-order. I'm pretty high up on my local EB's call list, plus the manager knows me & told me he'd be sure to let me know when the pre-orders start. Of course, if news leaks out here on what day they'll be starting - which, with the info that we get is very likely - then I'll just be standing outside the store when they open that morning. :)

And OT, but I think it's pretty silly that people are so upset that they can't let ppl posting on a PS3 board know they aren't buying a PS3. I'm not trying to post on the 360 or Wii boards telling people I'm not buying those systems. If you don't want a PS3, congratulations! Move on with your life....

And seriously, what's with having no problem dropping $400 on a system, but $500 is the end of the world. I know we're CAG's, but come on... :roll:

im going to sell one of my kidneys i supose lol.

Everyone be careful with ur systems cause if I see something that exspensive and wanted next to ur car im gonna snatch it.

I don't see Five Finger Discount available as an option j/k

I went with not getting it at launch...though I might try and win one, like I should have done with the 360, but waited till the last minute to even try entering a contest

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'll wait a few years for a price drop or two.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm going to do. No way I'm paying $600 for a game console.

bread's done
Back