How big is your backlog?

About ten games counting the ps3 and 360, i'm not the type to piss money away on dozens of games i'll never play cheap or not.

I was getting pretty bad about getting a big backlog but I came to the same conclusion coolsteel did and started trading on gametz to reduce it.

Current backlog:
:360:Dragon Age Origins
:360:Batman- Arkham Asylum
:360:Bully
:360:C&C Red Alert 3
:360:Fallout 3 GOTY
:360:Guitar Hero Metallica
:360:Saints Row II

:wii: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle

[quote name='psychobuck']ive got about 200. when i think about all of the games i have that i havent touched yet, i get kind of embarassed thinking about all that wasted money. then when i think about how many people like me there are... WTF is wrong with us?! all that wasted money.... we'll never get around to catchiing up on our backlog... sad, so sad[/QUOTE]

Wow. With that kind of clarity, you'd think we'd be able to stop. But no. My backlog is in the 60's with games, 300's with movies.

Thank God I broke up with my girlfriend. It was the only rational choice.

i am currently sitting at 42 games in my backlog, but that is just my 360 i am actively playing... the several hundred im working on for my other system collections has not even begun so i dont count them yet

PS3:

Disgaea 3
Valkyria Chronicles (didn't like it though.)

PSN:

Flower
PixelJunk Shooter
Comet Crash
Mega Man 9

360:

Alpha Protocol (pre-ordered, gonna be here next week.)

Wii:

Nothing.

PS2:

Okami
Persona 4

XBOX:

Fatal Frame

PC:

Sacred 2
World of Goo

Wow and I thought my backlog was bad lol!

I estimate between 60-70 games in my backlog. Like someone mentioned, we all backlog for a reason. Mine is the gf is at law school and we don't see each other as much since she's so busy. I figured, I would just build a small backlog to get me through the long nights. That small backlog turned into a bigger one when all of these awesome games started coming out in Spring and now heading into summer. Does anyone remember game releases like this in previous years? I sure don't!

If your backlog is more than 10 games then you need to consider asking yourself why you are buying a game, because it is on sale? Big deal, are you going to play it RIGHT NOW? If no, then let it go. If you are going to play it now, then sell one of the other 10 while it still has value because you're never going to get to it.

Endless since I am constantly buying games. I figure my backlog will eventually shrink down once I get to a point I just can't afford to continue buying new games and just finish off all the ones I have, but who knows when that could be.

It's big... I've been doing better and my completion percentage has been going up (it was below 50% and now it's above 50%). On my collection page it says I have 84 games in my backlog, but I'm sure it's bigger than that. I guess I'll find out how big it is when I finally remove all of my games from storage.

[quote name='ZForce915']If your backlog is more than 10 games then you need to consider asking yourself why you are buying a game, because it is on sale? Big deal, are you going to play it RIGHT NOW? If no, then let it go. If you are going to play it now, then sell one of the other 10 while it still has value because you're never going to get to it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. I am constantly buying games just because I find them on clearance or on sale. I have 50 Xbox 360 Games. By the time I get to them they have dropped to nearly nothing. I'm trying to stop but I can't!

if i get it cheap, ill stash it to save to flip during big trade in deals and trade it off toward other stuff, or pick up cheap buy it nows on eBay and flip to credit.. so i have a backlog, and i migh tnot get to play it RIGHT NOW, but its value for me and my shoppibng habits generally provide me MORE value later on... most of my games are paid for by money from other games i have sold or traded or flipped... so for me, my backlog is money in the bank toward the stuff i will play RIGHT NOW.. to each their own

[quote name='kenjimeadu']Wow. With that kind of clarity, you'd think we'd be able to stop. But no. My backlog is in the 60's with games, 300's with movies.

Thank God I broke up with my girlfriend. It was the only rational choice.[/QUOTE]

I can see it probably broke down when you had to make two piles and tell her she was responsible for watching half of the movies. XD

[quote name='dan13l858']I say 500 would be a good amount.[/QUOTE]

I am probably around there with you man. And it isn't exactly getting any smaller... I have a bad habit of replaying games I have beaten already. LOL. I am about to start Batman Arkham Asylum for the 3rd time here shortly. Can't get enough of that game :D

bread's done
Back