How can I earn 700 bucks??

Murcielago77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Ok im 14 years old so i cant get a job but i want to earn 700 bucks(or so) so i can build a new computer to replace my piece of crap of a computer. Heres what im looking to get

RAIDMAX Black 10-bay Case, Model "268WBP" -RETAIL
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-018&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE
$26.00

Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-440&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE
$156.00

CHAINTECH "VNF3-250" nForce3 250 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU -RETAIL
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-043&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE
$80.00

Antec 430W Power Supply, Model "TRUE430" -RETAIL
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-908&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE
$69.99

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-486&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE
$175.00

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9600XT Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -BULK
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-326&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE
$133.00

Extended Warranty Coverage
Extended Warranty: $0.00
Product total: $639.99
Shipping & Handling: $ 21.98
Total (Before tax): $ 661.97

I might change the ram to this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-479&depa=1
to save like 70 bucks. Also im taking some things from my old computer like my hard drives and optical drives so i dont need those. What do you guys think and is there anything i should change? [/url]

mow lawns / shovel drive ways. Also, I pick up cash time to time repairing computers filled with adware, spyware, and viruses.

[quote name='jdevlin7756']mow lawns / shovel drive ways. Also, I pick up cash time to time repairing computers filled with adware, spyware, and viruses.[/quote]

Seconded. Also add a little Ebay cash with your old unused stuff, and refrain from buying games or any unneeded items for a few months.

Do you have anything worth selling? If not, time to generate wealth by working, and/or asking parents etc for a loan.

What's wrong with your old computer? what do you want to do that the old one can't? if it's just "getting slower" reinstalling may do the trick.

You could just buy a name brand computer and pay a little each month for it, not the best plan since it will cost more and the computer will be very obsolete by the time you own it, but it won't cost $700 up front.

14? Want to earn $700? You're a bit old, but give Micheal Jackson a call.

Seriously though, tell your parents what you're trying to do...that you want to earn enough $ to pretty much build your own computer. Ask them what you can do to earn some money around the house, and then go to the neighbors (especially if you live next to the Neverland ranch) and ask them. Your parents should be impressed with your drive to learn and be self sufficient. If you lived near me, i'd give you $100 to detail and wax my car.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']sell fake crack to fiends.[/quote]

I like it!!...Just make sure you wear a mask while selling otherwise you won't live to see your new PC.

Twice I became a guinea pig for drugs at my nearby university hospital. I had done enough research to know that the drugs wouldn't have a negative effect (and they were already in use in other first world countries). Each study involved two weekend hospital stays. Also, I brought my game systems during my stay (mostly because I do game reviews), so I was sitting quite pretty. All I had to do was down some pills and have a few blood draws throughout the day. The studies paid $1050 each.

well you could whore yourself out to 700 chicks for a dollar... or you could whore yourself out to 70 fat chicks for 10 dollars!

[quote name='Cracka']well you could whore yourself out to 700 chicks for a dollar... or you could whore yourself out to 70 fat chicks for 10 dollars![/quote]that joke is used too many times. :wink:

[quote name='Cracka']well you could whore yourself out to 700 chicks for a dollar... or you could whore yourself out to 70 fat chicks for 10 dollars![/quote]

LMAO....like Quagmire from Family Guy said:
"Fat chicks need lovin too....they just have to pay for it"

yea lol..

was just thinking about the family guy episode at the time and decided i'd post it...

[quote name='Trakan']Pimp youself out to the ladies?[/quote]

HEY MAN!

FYI!

Pimpin' ain't easy

(But it sure is fun)

alright man, heres what you do......

start talking to your parents about it now, start saying that you would like a computer for christmas (3 months of begging can pay off) naturally their response will be that its too expensive, thats when you start saying, "well ill pay for part of it" and you will, beleive me, mowing lawns and washing cars can go a long way if you dont blow it... start with asking your parents, and i bet you that your folks, or you, know about some elderly people in the area, joking aside, they actually will pay you to do lawn chores and such, yeah it might suck to pull weeds and mow lawns, but your choices are limited when youre 14... anwyay after you save some money you tell prove to your parents that you are saving up and working towards saving for one... that alone can go a long way, now remember the key is tying it into christmas, and i bet you a bajilliontriznillion dollars that plan would work... yes tis perfect

(ps i had two pitchers earlier!!)

[quote name='iheartmetal']alright man, heres what you do......

start talking to your parents about it now, start saying that you would like a computer for christmas (3 months of begging can pay off) naturally their response will be that its too expensive, thats when you start saying, "well ill pay for part of it" and you will, beleive me, mowing lawns and washing cars can go a long way if you dont blow it... start with asking your parents, and i bet you that your folks, or you, know about some elderly people in the area, joking aside, they actually will pay you to do lawn chores and such, yeah it might suck to pull weeds and mow lawns, but your choices are limited when youre 14... anwyay after you save some money you tell prove to your parents that you are saving up and working towards saving for one... that alone can go a long way, now remember the key is tying it into christmas, and i bet you a bajilliontriznillion dollars that plan would work... yes tis perfect

(ps i had two pitchers earlier!!)[/quote]

Or just take his bet and let him buy you one :D

Sell your vital organs on ebay, wait you couldn't appreciate the computer, because you would be dead... Darn I thought I was on to something there. Anyway, I ref soccer games and I get about $25 a game. (It took me about two years before I was allowed to do them though).

[quote name='mrpotatohed'][quote name='iheartmetal']alright man, heres what you do......

(ps i had two pitchers earlier!!)[/quote]

Or just take his bet and let him buy you one :D[/quote]

well if he took me up on the bet hed have to implimant the plan to his fullest extent, thus it would succeed, for the plan is flawless

i got a job at a gas station when i was 14, you just need a work permit from your highschool and you can get a job pretty much anywhere within your abilities(i was a stock boy, good pay for easy work, and free soda whenever i wanted)

lol he needs a job first.. so i say what everyone else said.. beg your parents, uncles, grandpa, relatives for something.. if your birthday is coming up better just save up from there. thanks giving is coming up.. halloween is too. be like hobos and sell cans.. or else get taht wrok permit thing... though i never tried it.. so i dont know how it works. but you just want a pretty decent computer right? maybe just lower down your standards a bit or eh.. just try getting that work permit and ask your parents for some money and etc. maybe something will come outta that.. or report card money.. hw money i dunno something like that..

Getting a job when you're 14 is tough. There's so many restrictions that most employers don't even consider any applicants under 16, and many aren't interested until you're 18. One thing to consider, though, is a paper route. You can make pretty good money with one of those. It worked for me when I was 14. Also, work on your parents. Ask them if there's any work to do around the house. Tell them the computer will help out with your school work. Let them know you're serious about wanting it, and that you're willing to pay for much of it yourself. You can even frame it as a lesson in responsibility; a sign that you're growing up. Most parents like to see their child work towards a goal, and anything that teaches responsibility is a good thing. Don't pester them, whining and begging, but let them know you have a goal to do this, and keep asking what else you can do to help achieve your goal. Also, be on your best behavior - don't do stupid crap to piss them off, and don't let your money making ventures interfere with school work; act like an adult; act responsibly, and don't blow your money. Do this for several weeks, or months, and, if they see you are doing your best, they might kick in a few extra bucks.

A quick tip on buying multiple computer parts: shop around between www.newegg.com and www.zipzoomfly.com.

NewEgg has cheaper prices for the most part, but charges pretty hefty shipping, which tends kill the deal.

ZipZoomFly has free second-day air shipping on almost every item (excluding cases), with prices to rival NewEgg.

As always, if you're tight on cash, check out sites like www.froogle.com and www.pricegrabber.com. Shipping tends to kill the deal on most of these sites, so try to find the best shipping possible, and keep ZipZoomFly in mind.

i think McDonalds does too (not that im suggesting it, that place is the pits)

a job is probably your best bet. But entrepeneuring (thinking of a new business) is becoming much easier now with the internet. You don't really need anything huge, I heard about one kid who is making a lot from making wake up calls to people.
The good thing about those is you wont waste any money (just time) if u fail, but u can make some descent money. plus ur your own boss

My suggestion is become an assassin, taking orders offline.

and if that doesnt work buy a super ball, paint it white, and sell it as hitler's left testicle

bread's done
Back