How can I get audio through head phones using a monitor?

DrNo888

CAGiversary!
I have my PS3 hooked up to a 23in monitor through HDMI. There is no sound control for the monitor and the sound is quite week. I would like to be able to somehow have the audio from the PS3 go into a head phone so I can turn up the volume and not disturb anyone while playing late at night. I dont remember seeing audio output from the monitor.

What are my options?

[quote name='DrNo888']I have my PS3 hooked up to a 23in monitor through HDMI. There is no sound control for the monitor and the sound is quite week. I would like to be able to somehow have the audio from the PS3 go into a head phone so I can turn up the volume and not disturb anyone while playing late at night. I dont remember seeing audio output from the monitor.

What are my options?[/QUOTE]

You should still have the composite (the yellow, red, and white cable) cable that came with the PS3, right? If yes, plug it in, go to the your PS3's audio options and have the sound come out of there. Then you just need some adapters (http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=2120&seq=1&format=2) or (http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=666&seq=1&format=2)

And if you are planning on using a 3.5mm head phone plug (headphones you can plug into your ipod or any mp3 player). Get this (http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10401&cs_id=1040109&p_id=678&seq=1&format=2). Then plug your headphones and the other adapter from above and voila. You have sound coming from your headphones.

The only problem with this setup is you can not control the volume manually, you would possibly have to adjust volume in the game menu (if there is one).

Do you have other audio equipment next to the PS3 like a home theater, computer speakers, boom box, etc...?

Hope this helps.

No other equipment except for PC speakers, but I want to use head phone for late nights.

So if I set it up to output the audio through the RCA cable, would the sound still go through HDMI to the monitor at the same time. I hope not!

And yes, I already have the second adapter you listed when I used to use component to a TV and used headphone. Now I am moving the PS3 to another area of the house.

[quote name='DrNo888']No other equipment except for PC speakers, but I want to use head phone for late nights.

So if I set it up to output the audio through the RCA cable, would the sound still go through HDMI to the monitor at the same time. I hope not!

And yes, I already have the second adapter you listed when I used to use component to a TV and used headphone. Now I am moving the PS3 to another area of the house.[/QUOTE]

There are headphones that take digital audio, which the PS3 has.

[quote name='DrNo888']
[/QUOTE]

The PS3's audio settings allow you to pick what audio output you want as well as a separate option of whether you want to output across multiple outputs simultaneously or not.

I'm using a $10 GameBridge 1400 to play my PS3's sound through the PC speakers &/or head phones. I game on an ACER 22inch wide screen monitor but I can't stand listening to the sound through it's speakers.

bread's done
Back