How can Toys R Us get away with this?

BigPoppa99

CAGiversary!
I was at the Toys R Us in Tmes Square yesterday. They had plent of compies of Modern Warfare 2 Hardend edition, Prestieges and the elite consoles. The only problem was the harded was 85 dollars and the Prestiege was 162. How can they get away with charging abouve MSRP on release day?

It's NYC law that if a retailer sells an item above MSRP, they must label it properly

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/downloads/pdf/consumer_protection_law.pdf
5-35. DISCLOSURE OF MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED PRICES
Merchants who offer new merchandise for sale for any amount greater than the manufacturer’s suggested list price (MSRP) or catalog price must clearly and conspicuously disclose the selling price and the MSRP on the price tag or label and identify the MSRP as such.

Thats the thing. These items they don't disclose the original MSRP. The regular editions of MW2 are MSRP though.

I second Cheapy's suggestion. There were lots of reports of new release games being over MSRP @ the Times Square TRU during the B2G1.

Same was true in the Hawaii TRU (I was visiting there during the last B2G1F. Many games were $5 over retail, though I suspect it's not just due to the B2G1F because older games like Arkham Asylum were also marked up. Didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the markups.

Certain locations charge more based on where they are. I've seen TV ad's for various stores where at bottom in fine print it states that in Times Square and Hawaii its more expensive then listed - probably because rent costs more money there.

[quote name='Squarehard']Throw a brick through their window with the note "Your games are over MSRP. Please fix." attached.[/QUOTE]

Glitterbrick.jpg

bread's done
Back