How Circuit City Ruined My Weekend - A long short story by billg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Store 700 used to actually be the Circuit City that I would go to. Fortunately, they opened one up a year or so ago further up the Blvd. It's only about 10 minutes away from the Cottman store. If all else fails, maybe you should try that location and see if they give you a better time of it. (9733 Roosevelt Blvd in Whitman Square shopping center).

[quote name='mala']Store 700 used to actually be the Circuit City that I would go to. Fortunately, they opened one up a year or so ago further up the Blvd. It's only about 10 minutes away from the Cottman store. If all else fails, maybe you should try that location and see if they give you a better time of it. (9733 Roosevelt Blvd in Whitman Square shopping center).[/quote]

wow,.. i totally didn't realize that store 700 was the cottman ave. philadelphia store until i saw this post.

now,.. knowing which CC this was,.. i can say with all certainty that it's a TERRIBLE store, but in this case, I still have to side with them based on the facts presented.

my last experience with them was helping my grandmother buy an LCD tv. She bought a package with the tv, hd-dvd player, and "install" included. The "install" was to setup her a/v sources, and nothing else.. so i told her not to bother getting the install, since i'd have it set up for her that very night.

when we told the "salesperson", who couldnt have been more than 16, that we wanted the package, but didnt need the installation, he had to ask his supervisor. we figured he assumed we were asking for money off, which we weren't,.. since the value of that in my head is 0 anyway..

anyway, the kid and the supervisor come back and tell us that if we don't take the install, it would cost $100 more. lol.. because "we have to provide you with service, so our customers aren't mislead. people think things like they can buy an hdtv and just get a good picture over the air". so i respond "but you *can* get a high def picture over the air" to which he responds "look, are you a tv tech?" me: "well, no,.. but i know.." him: "well i sell these all day long, i know what i'm talking about". so anyway.. we tell him fine, we just wont schedule the install after "paying" for it(the deal still basically works out to getting the HD-DVD player for free). he tells us if we don't schedule it we'll be charged more(which of course scares my grandmom, who doesnt trust anyone).

so after letting her schedule the install, and going through almost 35 minutes of an employee asking her what her job title was, as she continually told him she was retired, i convinced her to call up and cancel the install the next day, which she did. we took the tv back to her house, i plugged it into the wall, and attached an hd antenna to it and :gasp: she had a beautiful hd picture... over the air! ;)

so yeah.. the op is still in the wrong IMO, but heck.. store 700 deserves to be burnt to the ground anyway.

as the poster above said.. the store further up the blvd is far better, and only 2 blocks from Best buy, so if CC is sold out, you can easily hop over to BB and PM to your heart's content.

[quote name='mala']Store 700 used to actually be the Circuit City that I would go to. Fortunately, they opened one up a year or so ago further up the Blvd. It's only about 10 minutes away from the Cottman store. If all else fails, maybe you should try that location and see if they give you a better time of it. (9733 Roosevelt Blvd in Whitman Square shopping center).[/quote]

Yes, THAT'S a good idea.

The OP should go on the road and hit up a different Circuit City each week.

It would be something like this:

OP: Welcome to "How Circuit City Ruins Every Weekend of my Life." This week, we're in Denver, CO. I have last week circular for a 1 GB stick of RAM for $9.99. I'm going to attempt to force them to honor this sale price.

OP: I'm calling corporate!

[quote name='swift17']It's fairly ridiculous how many of you CAG users are defending some lame corporate entity against a fellow CAGer. I would have thought there would be more of a rally around the individual who was treated like crap instead of the corporation that could care less about their shoppers.[/quote]

Well considering not everyone that uses this site is a stupid little kid in high school, some of us realize that what the TC was trying to do was completely wrong.

Just because you're a baby doesn't mean you get a bottle.

And I've watched some Kid Nation, so I know exactly how to communicate this message to you kids that don't understand the business world:

"Deal with it!!!"

Sorry your article is too long for me especially considering you could have saved yourself a lot of time and headache by simply throwing that damn coupon out.

It's full of so much fine print that it is so very clearly a scam. Why you tried to actually use it and then act surprised of the frustration you encountered is puzzling. I feel for your plight as you have more time to fight CC than me, but please next time keep it short!

[quote name='bjkrautk']By my math, even if you couldn't get the flash drive....the prices on the other 3 items exceed $200.

So, let me see if I've got everything straight:

1) You go to a store over the busiest holiday shopping weekend of the year, looking for sale prices you failed to compare to the in-store circular (which was available on the website)

2) You failed to read the exclusions on the coupon you set out to use.

3) You failed to use a $40 coupon, because of a $15 item that you didn't actually need to buy to reach the coupon's threshhold.[/quote]

You know, i didnt even realize that until just now, and it is odd that no one else did?(i dont think?). I thought that the $40 off $200 did indeed include videogame hardware, but then again i may be mixing that up with overstock.com.

4) You attempted to get a discount on a charity item because it was sort-of like the item you didn't get to the store early enough to find in-stock (regardless of whether the inventory system thought they had a half-dozen....which easily could have been accounted for by other customers, or stolen over the course of the busiest 3-day weekend on hte retail calendar).

5) You got irate when you couldn't get an item on Sunday at the same price you (mistakenly) thought you should have been able to get it for on Saturday....even though every CAG knows that new CC ads start on Sundays.

You, sir, fail at CAG. Good day.

That is the understatement, he fails at being a sensible shopper, not just a cheap ass shopper.

(Maybe if you weren't so condescending when inventing biographical data of all the employees who failed to cave in to your douchebaggery, I might actually be a bit more sympathetic.)

nah i really wouldnt be sympathetic. I really dont get why he turned down the free $10 gift card, i guess he was holding out for a free $50 gift card. I guess the lesson here is that if you are as big of an asshole as the OP you can get free shit.

[quote name='dracula']

nah i really wouldnt be sympathetic. I really dont get why he turned down the free $10 gift card, i guess he was holding out for a free $50 gift card. I guess the lesson here is that if you are as big of an asshole as the OP you can get free shit.[/QUOTE]

Well Said. See that's something the OP will NEVER admit here on CAG.......

The people who believe they deserve something because of the trouble they went through to get an item that wasn't in stock bother me. I remember working at Funco Land and a guy drove 45 minutes to get some game that we didn't have in stock, then he kind of ranted about how he deserves some kind of percentage off or some kind of apology by us because it wasn't in stock. While I do agree with the OP's point that the CC people he dealt with are extremely incompetent I do not agree with the idea that he deserved the prices he demanded.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well Said. See that's something the OP will NEVER admit here on CAG.......[/quote]

Glad someone said it multiple pages later.

No offense, but why does this deserve front page material?

The people who DEMAND a percentage off because the item isnt in stock and being "mistreated" are the ones who dont deserve anything. they ruin it for the rest of us.

Who cares, he tried to con CC out of a stupid sandisk, whoopity. He tried to use an incorrect coupon to get some money off. Holy crap.

Theres a difference between being a CAG and just a plain scam artist.. The coupon wouldnt have worked anyways.. so why is this still going on..

Lets make the front page a story about a guy who tried to use a coupon that wouldnt have worked anyways due to fine print. Screw the other deals going on in the forums or anything that more news worthy..

Just my two cents..

I was wondering the same thing how did it make front page? Did cheapy feel this was a big injustice to the person that it deserved front page material.

Almost everyone a few times during shopping will get bad service, but to blow this up about a coupon that can't even be used and sale prices which were over and done with and then to try to have people leave messages for the CEO during the busiest season of the holidays.

Oh man. Sad times for CAG's

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Yes, THAT'S a good idea.

OP: Welcome to "How Circuit City Ruins Every Weekend of my Life." This week, we're in Denver, CO. I have last week circular for a 1 GB stick of RAM for $9.99. I'm going to attempt to force them to honor this sale price.

[quote name='equest943']The people who believe they deserve something because of the trouble they went through to get an item that wasn't in stock bother me. I remember working at Funco Land and a guy drove 45 minutes to get some game that we didn't have in stock, then he kind of ranted about how he deserves some kind of percentage off or some kind of apology by us because it wasn't in stock. While I do agree with the OP's point that the CC people he dealt with are extremely incompetent I do not agree with the idea that he deserved the prices he demanded.[/quote]

Funcoland didn't have a store stock checker so your situation is a little different. The OP checked the website and tried to call the store to verify by the phone system was down.

Also it seems more like the OP was upset more with the way he was treated by management, not the price adjustment. Obviously I can't say for sure since I'm not him but I think the fact that management acted like such pricks was his major beef. They had the mindset from the get go that they were not budging and weren't going to even try to help him out.

Jesus Christ this thread is still going on?

Okay, why don't we just call them both wrong (billg and Circuit City) and hate them both equally and end this shit before it shows up on slashdot and CAG REALLY goes down.

[quote name='jza1218']In this day and age of internet, how hard is it to do? When something is scanned into the system, and marked as sold, a notice goes to someone on the web to remove from inventory.[/quote]

Updates aren't done instantaneously. At most, a few times a day. You're talking about multiple servers exchanging data over secure connections, across the country. Individual stores don't send out inventory data instantaneously. Many store chains don't have any form of in-store online inventory checks anyway.

Maybe someday all stores will have minute-by-minute in-store invetory counts. But it's unreasonable to expect that at this point in time.

I have to say that I am almost completely unsympathetic. Why is this on the front page? Stuff like this happens all the time. The only difference is that the OP took it to an extreme and wouldn't let it go.

[quote name='karkyco']Jesus Christ this thread is still going on?

Okay, why don't we just call them both wrong (billg and Circuit City) and hate them both equally and end this shit before it shows up on slashdot and CAG REALLY goes down.[/QUOTE]

CC doesn't care. OP know they don't care so he's trying to make them look bad by posting as much as he can all over the net so eventually they will cave in and give him free shit. That's the whole goal of this thread..

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Yes, THAT'S a good idea.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']I lawled. Now folks, this is actually witty writing. billg, take notes.[/QUOTE]

The train wreck continues... and the front page still stands.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The train wreck continues... and the front page still stands.[/quote]

CAN SOMEONE MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT HOW BAD MCDONALDS IS SO WE CAN GET A NEW FRONT PAGE STORY THAT ISNT STUPID?

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Updates aren't done instantaneously. At most, a few times a day. You're talking about multiple servers exchanging data over secure connections, across the country. Individual stores don't send out inventory data instantaneously. Many store chains don't have any form of in-store online inventory checks anyway.

Maybe someday all stores will have minute-by-minute in-store invetory counts. But it's unreasonable to expect that at this point in time.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying minute by minute, I know thats not practical. But jeez, to claim you have the same item in stock for 5 days when the consumer knows its not(from calling or going in) and the workers no its not is sheer stupidity on the part of the website handlers. I mean, you cant update it twice a day; once in the morning, once after the lunch rush?

And off the top of my head, Best Buy, CC, Gamestop all have the instore locater feature, and yet none of them are accurate. And god forbid you call to check, you know like they tell you to on that same website. Half the time, the employees act like you're bothering them.

Ok. In writing this response, my first and likely only post I'll ever make here, I thought of many different approaches.
Humorous, acusatory, defensive...

Instead I'm going with serious.

Allow me to start with an introduction: My name is Luis, and I used to work at that very store not too very long ago.

And as such, I personally know each person you named and demonized in your self righteous diatribe.

When I started reading the post, I did so expecting to think you were just some blow hard with absolutely no reason to be upset. I was incorrect, as you do have some valid reasons to be upset.

By the time I finished reading the post, however, any sympathy I had melted into apathy for your discourse. And coming at you is a nice big break down of why.

Chapter 1 ---Sense And Sensibility

Gathering a list of items you wish to purchase and checking availability online was a smart move, I commend you. I commend you even further for having the foresight to call and double check, as online inventory is never, ever accurate due to levels of seperation.

Yeah, that phone system. We never knew why it did that. Hell, it inconvinienced all of us just as bad, if not worse, than it does the customer. But hey, you're a smart guy and realize that they were open.
Good for you.

The problem begins when you're told that the thumbdrives are not in stock, despite inventory claiming otherwise.
Now, usually at this point a stock check at the nearest Circuit City, in this case less than five minutes up the road (literally), is performed. I have a hard time accepting this didn't happen, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Instead, you found a similar item, and can't belive that they'd not be the same price.

So a supervisor is called, and so begins your decsent into worthlessness.

First, you named him. You named him, and his location, on a public forum with the intent of making him, and the others that followed, seem like incompetent shlubs while simultaneously attempting to make yourself seem the paragon of customer excellence.

I would have loved to be there, to witness your attitude. To witness as you talk down to them, act so high and mighty so you can get what you want like a spoiled child.

Be that as it may, Nick went off to look for your drive. Upon returning, he didn't find you where you last were.

Now, this wasn't some unreasonable place, some 'unmarked waiting area', no, this is the customer service line. A big, monolithic desk that slaps you in the face as soon as you enter the store.

And when baby wants his bottle, that's the area you wait in. You went there to obtain Nick, why not expect him to return there with the results of your pleas? No, you expect him to return, not find you there, and search Heaven and Hell to find Mr. billg and inform him of the lack of thumbdrives.

No. If you order a pizza, and you're not home when they deliver it, you don't get a free pizza. You don't get a hoagie at 15% off. Common sense.

Chapter 2 ---- Name Calling And Your Mama Too

So, you climb higher, go above Nick, and it is Brian who gets the pleasure of dealing with the situation. Now, before Brian has even had a chance to speak a word in your story, you attack him. Multiple times.
His shirt, his facial expression, and his position within the store.

Does he intimidate you so? You paint him to be some bruiser, as if Arnold Schwartzeneggar himself walked over holding a big green firedog shotgun that fired hate and purple thumbdrives.

So at this point, you are told no, they won't discount item B because item A is out of stock. You mention how you later find out how he can discount the item, he simply wouldn't. Really now, why should he? I know, I know..you're a sweet innocent customer, perfectly calm and reasonable being viciously victimized by big, evil Circuit City. Brian and Nick deny you exactly the reasons you guessed: the company specifically targets YOU.

Ah, I remember with fondness the early Sunday morning meetings, where we had diagrams of your house and life and disscussed the ways to insert sadness into your otherwise pleasant exsistence.

Either that, or you're simply...being rude. Even...dare I suggest it...an asshole?

I offer free advise, consume it as you see fit. Those retail employees you so hate to deal with are people. And as such, they will respond to you as a person. In otherwards, is Brian, Nick, or anyone there mandated by company policy to grant this price match?
No.

So try being a sweet, nice, friendly person when you ask a favor, and you might get it. Sure, the nasty thing might have worked on mommy when you weren't allowed a cookie before dinner, but Circuit City ain't yo mamma.

That's right. Yo mamma. I figure if you can attack them for sport, then Imma go grade school on you.

Chapter 3---- What A Difference A Day Makes

Your next two ordeals involve calling the store and getting hung up on repeatedly, and waiting around as you were led around the store to get rung up.

Know what, you have a point there. No sarcasm, ask any long time employee at the store how hard it is to connect a call and you'll hear massive contempt.

Ideally, the store would have an entire department dedicated to maintaining incoming calls, but sadly this onus falls on the overworked Customer Service department.

Getting through to Circuit City shouldn't be such a hassle. Hell, I'll even apologize on their behalf for that shortcoming. It's unintentional, but it never seems that way when you're the one making the call.

As for the confusion in getting the DS bundle rung up, again a chink in the armor is found. "It happens" simply won't cut it, and this here is the first true incident where I've seen a breach in their customer service as according to your story.

Be that as it may, they scan your DS bundle...and the price doesn't match what it did a few days ago.

And it's here that you lose me again. Man, and I was almost on your side...

You argue that it wasn't a Black Friday only deal, but that's a moot point. Seeing as you're on CAG, it's almost certain that you know that Circuit City sales run from Sunday till Saturday. If you need that explained in simpler terms: What be cheap on Saturday, may no be cheap Sunday.

You then go and argue that you meant to buy it with The World's Most Important Thumbdrive™, but simply couldn't bring yourself to do it after all the heaps of injustice Store 700 forced down your throat.
Yeah, well I also MEANT to hit my brakes at the red light, officer, but all that acceleration from my car was too much to bare.

Cry me a river. You know when the sale ends, and frankly, at this point, I would take great pleasure from denying you last weeks' sales price. This is another example of you wanting a favor, not for employees to follow their company mandates.

Chapter 4 --- Entitlement And The Beast: The billg Story

This here is where you call the Cool Line. It is also where you state, and I quote: "...that my very basic needs as a customer were not being met at any level of the hierarchy..."

Your very basic needs as a customer? And what exactly are these needs that aren't being met? The store didn't line up on their knees and beg your forgiveness of their lack of stock? That they didn't give you a plasma TV for the inconvinience of purchasing something outside of it's sale?
Or was Brian just so godamned intimidating to you, that you lost all ability to make purchases at a retail level?

No no, I see why you feel your basic needs weren't met...it's a power struggle to you. This whole thing is about getting what you want, and having a trophy for it.
A $10 gift card for not being able to buy a $15 thumbdrive? More then reasonable.
A $10 gift card because you don't feel as if sale dates apply to you? Bending over backwards.

You also mention that you want an apology from them. No, no. You owe humanity an apology. It's this type of pathetic behavior that drags Philadelphia and society in general down. This attitude of "I deserve this!", this attitude of "If I complain loud and long enough, I can get what I want!"

It used to be that a child would get slapped if they acted in this manner.

And the Cool Line deals with these slap-worthy people all day. Their purpose is to deal with you. To placate if possible. And when that person seems unreasonable, and refuses to meet in the middle, to actually find a solution that doesn't border on the rediculous...they hang up on you.

Eat it. Live it. Love it.

Chapter 5 ------- Cul De Sac

You then demanded some phone numbers, some this, some that, yadda yadda yadda. At this point, I'm running low on steam. So I'll wrap this up: Even if Phil himself shows up at your door, with four DS bundles, two 8G thumbdrives, and the opportunity to slap big mean Brian in the face, you'll still be nothing more than a self important blowhard.

I personally hope that none of your withering 'demands' are met, and offer anyone reading this a reiteration of my earlier advise:

Be nice, people. Yes, every retail location will have moments of poor customer service, and in those situations you are fully justified for standing up for yourself and trying to find a solution that makes things right.

But when you are in a situation that requires someone going out of their way to help you, be nice. Your life will be easier, and you won't come off as a pompous ass like the OP.

Good day, good night, good luck.

I hope circuit city sues Billg for posting all of this info.

In all seriousness they should.. hes really hurting their one store for being such piss poor customer service, I mean come on, he only tried to use a bs coupon to get 40 bucks off and cried about a 15 dollar item.

Seriously. Take this off the front page.

[quote name='The Lou']Ok. In writing this response, my first and likely only post I'll ever make here, I thought of many different approaches.
Humorous, acusatory, defensive...

Instead I'm going with serious.

Allow me to start with an introduction: My name is Luis, and I used to work at that very store not too very long ago.

And as such, I personally know each person you named and demonized in your self righteous diatribe.

When I started reading the post, I did so expecting to think you were just some blow hard with absolutely no reason to be upset. I was incorrect, as you do have some valid reasons to be upset.

By the time I finished reading the post, however, any sympathy I had melted into apathy for your discourse. And coming at you is a nice big break down of why.

Chapter 1 ---Sense And Sensibility

Gathering a list of items you wish to purchase and checking availability online was a smart move, I commend you. I commend you even further for having the foresight to call and double check, as online inventory is never, ever accurate due to levels of seperation.

Yeah, that phone system. We never knew why it did that. Hell, it inconvinienced all of us just as bad, if not worse, than it does the customer. But hey, you're a smart guy and realize that they were open.
Good for you.

The problem begins when you're told that the thumbdrives are not in stock, despite inventory claiming otherwise.
Now, usually at this point a stock check at the nearest Circuit City, in this case less than five minutes up the road (literally), is performed. I have a hard time accepting this didn't happen, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Instead, you found a similar item, and can't belive that they'd not be the same price.

So a supervisor is called, and so begins your decsent into worthlessness.

First, you named him. You named him, and his location, on a public forum with the intent of making him, and the others that followed, seem like incompetent shlubs while simultaneously attempting to make yourself seem the paragon of customer excellence.

I would have loved to be there, to witness your attitude. To witness as you talk down to them, act so high and mighty so you can get what you want like a spoiled child.

Be that as it may, Nick went off to look for your drive. Upon returning, he didn't find you where you last were.

Now, this wasn't some unreasonable place, some 'unmarked waiting area', no, this is the customer service line. A big, monolithic desk that slaps you in the face as soon as you enter the store.

And when baby wants his bottle, that's the area you wait in. You went there to obtain Nick, why not expect him to return there with the results of your pleas? No, you expect him to return, not find you there, and search Heaven and Hell to find Mr. billg and inform him of the lack of thumbdrives.

No. If you order a pizza, and you're not home when they deliver it, you don't get a free pizza. You don't get a hoagie at 15% off. Common sense.

Chapter 2 ---- Name Calling And Your Mama Too

So, you climb higher, go above Nick, and it is Brian who gets the pleasure of dealing with the situation. Now, before Brian has even had a chance to speak a word in your story, you attack him. Multiple times.
His shirt, his facial expression, and his position within the store.

Does he intimidate you so? You paint him to be some bruiser, as if Arnold Schwartzeneggar himself walked over holding a big green firedog shotgun that fired hate and purple thumbdrives.

So at this point, you are told no, they won't discount item B because item A is out of stock. You mention how you later find out how he can discount the item, he simply wouldn't. Really now, why should he? I know, I know..you're a sweet innocent customer, perfectly calm and reasonable being viciously victimized by big, evil Circuit City. Brian and Nick deny you exactly the reasons you guessed: the company specifically targets YOU.

Ah, I remember with fondness the early Sunday morning meetings, where we had diagrams of your house and life and disscussed the ways to insert sadness into your otherwise pleasant exsistence.

Either that, or you're simply...being rude. Even...dare I suggest it...an asshole?

I offer free advise, consume it as you see fit. Those retail employees you so hate to deal with are people. And as such, they will respond to you as a person. In otherwards, is Brian, Nick, or anyone there mandated by company policy to grant this price match?
No.

So try being a sweet, nice, friendly person when you ask a favor, and you might get it. Sure, the nasty thing might have worked on mommy when you weren't allowed a cookie before dinner, but Circuit City ain't yo mamma.

That's right. Yo mamma. I figure if you can attack them for sport, then Imma go grade school on you.

Chapter 3---- What A Difference A Day Makes

Your next two ordeals involve calling the store and getting hung up on repeatedly, and waiting around as you were led around the store to get rung up.

Know what, you have a point there. No sarcasm, ask any long time employee at the store how hard it is to connect a call and you'll hear massive contempt.

Ideally, the store would have an entire department dedicated to maintaining incoming calls, but sadly this onus falls on the overworked Customer Service department.

Getting through to Circuit City shouldn't be such a hassle. Hell, I'll even apologize on their behalf for that shortcoming. It's unintentional, but it never seems that way when you're the one making the call.

As for the confusion in getting the DS bundle rung up, again a chink in the armor is found. "It happens" simply won't cut it, and this here is the first true incident where I've seen a breach in their customer service as according to your story.

Be that as it may, they scan your DS bundle...and the price doesn't match what it did a few days ago.

And it's here that you lose me again. Man, and I was almost on your side...

You argue that it wasn't a Black Friday only deal, but that's a moot point. Seeing as you're on CAG, it's almost certain that you know that Circuit City sales run from Sunday till Saturday. If you need that explained in simpler terms: What be cheap on Saturday, may no be cheap Sunday.

You then go and argue that you meant to buy it with The World's Most Important Thumbdrive™, but simply couldn't bring yourself to do it after all the heaps of injustice Store 700 forced down your throat.
Yeah, well I also MEANT to hit my brakes at the red light, officer, but all that acceleration from my car was too much to bare.

Cry me a river. You know when the sale ends, and frankly, at this point, I would take great pleasure from denying you last weeks' sales price. This is another example of you wanting a favor, not for employees to follow their company mandates.

Chapter 4 --- Entitlement And The Beast: The billg Story

This here is where you call the Cool Line. It is also where you state, and I quote: "...that my very basic needs as a customer were not being met at any level of the hierarchy..."

Your very basic needs as a customer? And what exactly are these needs that aren't being met? The store didn't line up on their knees and beg your forgiveness of their lack of stock? That they didn't give you a plasma TV for the inconvinience of purchasing something outside of it's sale?
Or was Brian just so godamned intimidating to you, that you lost all ability to make purchases at a retail level?

No no, I see why you feel your basic needs weren't met...it's a power struggle to you. This whole thing is about getting what you want, and having a trophy for it.
A $10 gift card for not being able to buy a $15 thumbdrive? More then reasonable.
A $10 gift card because you don't feel as if sale dates apply to you? Bending over backwards.

You also mention that you want an apology from them. No, no. You owe humanity an apology. It's this type of pathetic behavior that drags Philadelphia and society in general down. This attitude of "I deserve this!", this attitude of "If I complain loud and long enough, I can get what I want!"

It used to be that a child would get slapped if they acted in this manner.

And the Cool Line deals with these slap-worthy people all day. Their purpose is to deal with you. To placate if possible. And when that person seems unreasonable, and refuses to meet in the middle, to actually find a solution that doesn't border on the rediculous...they hang up on you.

Eat it. Live it. Love it.

Chapter 5 ------- Cul De Sac

You then demanded some phone numbers, some this, some that, yadda yadda yadda. At this point, I'm running low on steam. So I'll wrap this up: Even if Phil himself shows up at your door, with four DS bundles, two 8G thumbdrives, and the opportunity to slap big mean Brian in the face, you'll still be nothing more than a self important blowhard.

I personally hope that none of your withering 'demands' are met, and offer anyone reading this a reiteration of my earlier advise:

Be nice, people. Yes, every retail location will have moments of poor customer service, and in those situations you are fully justified for standing up for yourself and trying to find a solution that makes things right.

But when you are in a situation that requires someone going out of their way to help you, be nice. Your life will be easier, and you won't come off as a pompous ass like the OP.

Good day, good night, good luck.[/QUOTE]

I am not reading another drama story if you paid me.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am not reading another drama story if you paid me.[/quote]

His was funny, billg's was just lame and pointless , why does trying to scam CC get front page news?

haha this thread is full of laugther. anyways. you should have taken the 10 bucks and said thank you. Then never shop there again.

Dude, you're a complete and utter tool bag for posting this entire thing. You don't actually think that anybody wants to hear you complain about this? Stuff like this happens all the time, so you just want the world to stop and revolve around you? I find it kinda funny that you called the first day and didn't know to press 0 but magically you knew the 2nd? Idiot.

Ok I read The Lou's response

well written, loved every bit of it..

my favorite lines were

"It used to be that a child would get slapped if they acted in this manner. "

"Even if Phil himself shows up at your door, with four DS bundles, two 8G thumbdrives, and the opportunity to slap big mean Brian in the face, you'll still be nothing more than a self important blowhard. "

and last but not least

"But when you are in a situation that requires someone going out of their way to help you, be nice. Your life will be easier, and you won't come off as a pompous ass like the OP. "

The Lou , you should actually post your response to every site Billg posted his lame ass story to. I am sure your going to get more then a few claps and cheer on's for it!

[quote name='KSE1986']Dude, you're a complete and utter tool bag for posting this entire thing. You don't actually think that anybody wants to hear you complain about this? Stuff like this happens all the time, so you just want the world to stop and revolve around you? I find it kinda funny that you called the first day and didn't know to press 0 but magically you knew the 2nd? Idiot.[/QUOTE]

They told him to press "0" after he visited them the first day, so he could get through to the front desk.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Ok I read The Lou's response

well written, loved every bit of it..

my favorite lines were

"It used to be that a child would get slapped if they acted in this manner. "

"Even if Phil himself shows up at your door, with four DS bundles, two 8G thumbdrives, and the opportunity to slap big mean Brian in the face, you'll still be nothing more than a self important blowhard. "

and last but not least

"But when you are in a situation that requires someone going out of their way to help you, be nice. Your life will be easier, and you won't come off as a pompous ass like the OP. "

The Lou , you should actually post your response to every site Billg posted his lame ass story to. I am sure your going to get more then a few claps and cheer on's for it![/quote]

See. Told you it was funny. Awaiting my thank you.

[quote name='breakz']They told him to press "0" after he visited them the first day, so he could get through to the front desk.[/quote]

Now, I don't know about you, but anytime I have to call any kind of help desk/retailer/etc always press 0 to talk to somebody, it's common sense. -_-

[quote name='KSE1986']Now, I don't know about you, but anytime I have to call any kind of help desk/retailer/etc always press 0 to talk to somebody, it's common sense. -_-[/QUOTE]

Zero doesn't always work. Sometimes hitting zero will cause the system to say call back at another time and then hang up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Zero doesn't always work. Sometimes hitting zero will cause the system to say call back at another time and then hang up.[/quote]

Could I have a # that does that, because otherwise you can call sears, BB. CC, etc and you'll always get customer service.

[quote name='KSE1986']Could I have a # that does that, because otherwise you can call sears, BB. CC, etc and you'll always get customer service.[/QUOTE]

Yea like 98% of the time you will have Zero that leads you to a live person, but that other 2% just tells you to call back some other time and hangs up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea like 98% of the time you will have Zero that leads you to a live person, but that other 2% just tells you to call back some other time and hangs up.[/quote]

So that common sense of 98% doesn't apply here? Am I missing something?

[quote name='billg']

This ends xxxxxxxxx, no matter what. I'm not going to let this drag on any longer. I'm tired of it, and I can only imagine how tired you all must be of it. I never expected this to take off like it has, but I guess that's the internet for you.

After xxxxxxxxxxxnight, I go back to being boring old me. Either I get a resolution to my satisfaction, or I go home empty-handed once again. Wish me luck, and if you would be so kind, say a few words to those who can make a difference, because if it could happen to me, and it can happen to everyone else here who has posted a war story, it can happen to you.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't state your "end date". I have no doubt that they are monitoring this story by now (surely they've heard of the post) and all you've done is tell them how long you are (were) willing to hold out, giving ample reason for them to blow you off/ignore you through your end date.

As for me, I'm all for you seeing this through to the end. I'm not tired of it, I'd like to see it continue until you feel you have received resolution.

I don't see how this is entirely CC's fault, and I agree with the view the OP is a douche. Yeah why don't you go into a store on their busiest day of the year and expect a 100% smooth ride. Have you ever had a retail job? When you scurried off for 20 minutes, how are the workers supposed to locate you in a mass of people? Oh and blame them for the customer service phone line being down. Then to top it off go scam a charity. Like I said: douche. For this to be front page material, the site must be going downhill to promote and encourage a failed attempt at blatant thievery.

Those of you hating on the OP have obviously never met with the mindless non-service of Circuit City. They are generally rude, unhelpful, and illogical in with their reasoning behind not resolving issues. Additionally, they (and their systems) frequently tend to hang up all too conveniently.

What's most interesting to me is that the behavior of the people at the OP's store 700 so closely mirrors the behavior of my stores here in the Midwest - it's like it's a policy to be rude and insincere to the customers. And while I'm the last person to join someone in a bullying tactic to "force" a store into giving you a deal, in this case it looks to me that the insincerity/dishonesty of the company is really at the heart of the issue for the OP - and I applaud him for refusing to let them push him around.

isn't it funny how the Billg's tag line is

"Never loses battles"

yet he lost it before it even began.

You posted this on several web sites to gain your self a few days of attention. You just opened the flood gates...and now you just want to walk away since there is no chance of resoultion even though you have been saying that you are getting somewhere? Good luck closing this door.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I don't see how this is entirely CC's fault, and I agree with the view the OP is a douche. Yeah why don't you go into a store on their busiest day of the year and expect a 100% smooth ride. Have you ever had a retail job? When you scurried off for 20 minutes, how are the workers supposed to locate you in a mass of people? Oh and blame them for the customer service phone line being down. Then to top it off go scam a charity. Like I said: douche.[/QUOTE]

Most of the problems you are insulting the OP for are common to Circuit City and have nothing to do with the time of year.

Employees "disappearing" and leaving you waiting - that's Circuit City, not the OP. I've had that happen on more than one occasion.

Phone line down - that seems awfully convenient. Irregardless, the non-transfer of putting someone on hold and then hanging up or leaving them on hold indefinitely hoping they'll give up - that's also a total Circuit City move. It's WRONG, and they do it.

He's not scamming a charity, he suggested a number of solutions and the store made their own choices.

I wonder if Circuit City has some of their own people on these boards now trying to do damage control by attacking the OP...

[quote name='chosen1s']Most of the problems you are insulting the OP for are common to Circuit City and have nothing to do with the time of year.

Employees "disappearing" and leaving you waiting - that's Circuit City, not the OP. I've had that happen on more than one occasion.

Phone line down - that seems awfully convenient. Irregardless, the non-transfer of putting someone on hold and then hanging up or leaving them on hold indefinitely hoping they'll give up - that's also a total Circuit City move. It's WRONG, and they do it.

He's not scamming a charity, he suggested a number of solutions and the store made their own choices.

I wonder if Circuit City has some of their own people on these boards now trying to do damage control by attacking the OP...[/quote]

I could say the same thing you said for most of the retailers I go into, let alone on green saturday. Sorry dude but your points are null and void to any store especially on one of the busiest days of the year.

[quote name='chosen1s']I wonder if Circuit City has some of their own people on these boards now trying to do damage control by attacking the OP...[/QUOTE]

doubt it.

its a no win situation , yet the OP is declairing full scale war on CC so he can get free shit from them.

[quote name='ITDEFX']doubt it.

its a no win situation , yet the OP is declairing full scale war on CC so he can get free shit from them.[/quote]

I hope they send him a T-shirt that says

WE WON

Thatd be highlarious

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I hope they send him a T-shirt that says

WE WON

Thatd be highlarious[/QUOTE]

CC > Billg

Now that's priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back