How did I do? N64 Bundle-56k Warning

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
For $50, this is what i got. Everything is in mint condition+ manuals.
N64 Console with 4 controllers
Expansion Pak
11 games:
Rainbow Six
Japanese Mario Golf(i don't understand Japanese)
Virtual Chess 64!(im selling this crappy game)
Jet Force Gemni
Golden Eye 007
Perfect Dark
Donkey kong 64 Yellow Cartridge
Star wars episode 1 racer
Army men Sarge's Heroes
Beetle Adventure racing(im not even going to try it)
Zelda ocarina of time Gold Cartrige(should i play it on the N64 or the GC?)
Memory Pak

What games do you guys recommend that i get/sell. I tried playing 007 and Perfect dark, and my, does it look UGLY on an HDTV. I love perfect dark better than Goldeneye though. All i can say is that perfect dark is much better than Red Steel. Was it a good deal?

Pics:(because then you would say it didn't happen;))
xo1h90.jpg

The whole set
qqzi1j.jpg

The Games

nd5006.jpg

What is this for?
nxt7kj.jpg

How do I take this out?

That thing is the expansion pak. I get it out by pushing the side of it up with a screwdriver lightly.

N64s originally came with something in there called a jumper pak. Later they released that, which made games have better graphics and allowed you to play some games that could only be played with the expansion pak.

Beetle Adventure Racing is a really great game. You're doing yourself a disservice by not even trying it blackbird.

Every Monday I hope that a minor miracle has occurred and Nintendo put it up on the Wii shop channel (heck if EA lost the VW license and had to pay extra to get it back I would even be willing to pay more then 1000 points for it), and every Monday I feel at least slightly disappointed it's not on the list of new VC games, even though I know it's pretty much impossible and that it will most likely never come out on the VC.

Check if Mario Golf works or not. If it does, the N64 is probably modded. I'm pretty sure it was region locked.

Yeah, the Mario golf works, but i can't understand how to play it...
And yeah, Beetle Racing and Star wars racing aint that bad. Both of them are just too easy, and look like crap. How do i drift in beetle racing?

Graphically it was going to look like crap no matter what, we are talking about a few generations back here in the early 3d era. I've had similar cringe worthy moments while playing psone games. 2d sprites on the other hand seem to fair better.

Japanese Mario Golf(i don't understand Japanese)
do the characters yell "Shi!" instead of "Fore!"?

When you ask in your pic caption "what is this for?" are you referring to the controller pak or the expansion pack?

The controller pak is your memory card, plug it into the bottom of your controller to save games/profiles to it. (this allows you to take your perfect dark profile with you)

The expansion pack adds a whopping 4megs of RAM to the system (doubling the memory), and is required for DK64 and 75% of Perfect Dark.

FYI: if you like Perfect Dark but think it looks dated, pick up Timesplitters: Future Perfect for the PS2, it's virtually a next-gen Perfect Dark (now considered last-gen).

[quote name='blackbird3216']Yeah, the Mario golf works, but i can't understand how to play it...
And yeah, Beetle Racing and Star wars racing aint that bad. Both of them are just too easy, and look like crap. How do i drift in beetle racing?[/quote]

For Mario Golf, you might want to try looking at playthroughs on Youtube or something. That should at least give you a general idea of what to do.

I would think that's a little pricey for what you got. Might be just me though. IMO, the N64 didn't age very well (nor did the PS1). But, I also haven't priced that kind of stuff recently, though I see $2-$5 N64 games floating around the pawn shops here. (I think their consoles are $20.)

That being said, there's no need to take the Expansion Pak out. You need it for a few games, and it doesn't change the older games.

[quote name='62t']Beetle Adventure racing was actually a very solid racing game back in the day[/quote]
Seconded... or maybe it's thirded now?

[quote name='Rig']I would think that's a little pricey for what you got. Might be just me though. IMO, the N64 didn't age very well (nor did the PS1). But, I also haven't priced that kind of stuff recently, though I see $2-$5 N64 games floating around the pawn shops here. (I think their consoles are $20.)

That being said, there's no need to take the Expansion Pak out. You need it for a few games, and it doesn't change the older games.[/quote]
Doesn't it slightly improve the graphics on pre expansion pak games?

[quote name='PaddyTheChump']Doesn't it slightly improve the graphics on pre expansion pak games?[/quote]

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I thought it did nothing at all for older games that weren't made with regard to it.

Again, I could be wrong though.

Just to remind you in case you get curious with the Expansion Pak, be very careful trying to remove it. If you somehow damage it, I don't think the system will function without something in there.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Just to remind you in case you get curious with the Expansion Pak, be very careful trying to remove it. If you somehow damage it, I don't think the system will function without something in there.[/QUOTE]

I think the only way it can be damaged is in a way that makes it impossible to get out again, but there's no need to ever get it out again unless you want to play Shadowgate 64, the only N64 game to my knowledge that doesn't work with the expansion pak.

If you don't have the expansion pak, or control pak, then your games wont work. Something does need to stay in there. Goldeneye is the shit. Jet Force Gemini had a killer sound track. Those guys at Rare knew how to push that hardware. And of course, Beetle Adventure Racing is pure delight if you unlock the UFO Beetle.

i seriously spent the entire summer two summers ago ( well part of it) playing jet force gemini. it was/still is so awesome to me, killing those giant ants and the multiplayer was awesome when you could be the dog on tank tracks. ah good times good times

[quote name='Rig']I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I thought it did nothing at all for older games that weren't made with regard to it.

Again, I could be wrong though.[/quote]

It's basically more RAM for the N64. It doesn't improve graphics. Games that didn't support it wouldn't use the extra RAM.

bread's done
Back