How do I update to 5.1? itunes problem

Gannikus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Ok so my gf got a iphone 4s for christmas, and we didn't have a laptop at the time so we decided to call 611 and activate the iphone without a laptop.

So it all worked out and we've been backing it up through iCloud.

So when 5.1 came out the other day, I went on itunes and downloaded 5.1 firmware with MY phone.

But when we plugged hers in, it goes to the Set up your Iphone screen. It says this computer have been synced with another Iphone device, and the ONLY options are are Set up as New Phone OR Restore backup from....

I tried right clicking the iphone and the only thing you can do is Eject or Restore from backup.

She doesn't want to lose all her data from her games like Oregon Trails and some fashion game so I don't want to restore with iCloud...since that will make you redownload the games and start over.

How do I update to a new firmware?

You don't need to plug into a PC anymore to update. Check under Settings and you should be able to update over WiFi.

Yep, just go to settings-->general-->software update and hit the download and install button.

No more connecting to a PC to update after iOS 5.0.

Just updated my iPad 2, updating my iPhone 4s now. One of the upgrades is being able to delete photos from photostream which is something I've been wanting so I don't have crappy pics popping up on all my devices when a photo comes out blurry etc. Only option before was to log in to iCloud and delete all photos from photostream and re-upload the ones you wanted on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I`m glad they added that feature, thanks a lot guys! I wanna see if 5.1 has better 4s batt life...gotta test it against my jailbroken 5.0.1.

bread's done
Back