How do I use Amazon pre order bonus credit?

[quote name='CraftySkills']I looked in my account and I don't see anything. I got for preordering Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you have the credit added? I ordered RDR from Amazon too and it said that it can take up to 10 days to get it added to your account and I haven't gotten it yet.

Normally games will give a game credit, which the only way to see the amount is adding a game sold by amazon and seeing the price reduced during checkout. However, RDR stated it was an amazon gift card, not a gaming gift card so when it is added you should receive an email and should be able to see the balance too under "Your Account" and by clicking "View Gift Certificate/Card Balance".

Amazon lets you know when you receive video game credit by e-mailing you the amount you earned and the expiration date. If you have that e-mail any orders you make will have that credit available to use even though it doesn't show on your Amazon credit balance.

Yeah, kind of sucks. I had no idea I had so many MP3 downloads for 'free' because Amazon does not have a place that shows the total.

When checking out, the credit will just be applied. If you try to check your account/gift card balance or whatever, it'll show $0.00. It's dumb, but that's just how it works.

Also, make sure you buy something worth at least the full amount of credit you have. It doesnt work like you think it would where say you have a $20 credit and you buy a $15 item. You wont still have $5 in credit after your purchase.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Yeah, kind of sucks. I had no idea I had so many MP3 downloads for 'free' because Amazon does not have a place that shows the total.[/QUOTE]

Go to any mp3 purchase page and look in the upper left for a green box with the 'Buy MP3 with 1-click' button. Below that you'll see the text 'redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance'. Click on the text and it'll tell you what your available credit is.

Hope I understood you right. If not, maybe someone else can make use of these instructions.

[quote name='thelonepig']Go to any mp3 purchase page and look in the upper left for a green box with the 'Buy MP3 with 1-click' button. Below that you'll see the text 'redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance'. Click on the text and it'll tell you what your available credit is.

Hope I understood you right. If not, maybe someone else can make use of these instructions.[/QUOTE]

Good info, tho it looks like the amount shown there is MP3 credit PLUS any regular Amazon credit/gift card money that's in your account. Just a headsup about that.

[quote name='SEH']When checking out, the credit will just be applied. If you try to check your account/gift card balance or whatever, it'll show $0.00. It's dumb, but that's just how it works.

Also, make sure you buy something worth at least the full amount of credit you have. It doesnt work like you think it would where say you have a $20 credit and you buy a $15 item. You wont still have $5 in credit after your purchase.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, when I got my PS3 back on cyber monday that's exactly how the credit I got worked and it did show up on the gift card balance, though strangely the multiple $5 mp3 credits I've gotten have never shown up on it.

To my knowledge, Amazon hasn't shipped/applied/whatever the credit for any of the rdr preorders yet, they've been saying sometime between the 27th and 30th at the latest when I've contacted them.

I got my $20 credit (for mario galaxy 2), my question is can I used it on hardware? If so can I use it on the Logitech Harmony ps3 adapter? Thanks!

[quote name='SEH']Also, make sure you buy something worth at least the full amount of credit you have. It doesnt work like you think it would where say you have a $20 credit and you buy a $15 item. You wont still have $5 in credit after your purchase.[/QUOTE]
This used to be true, but I think it's changed, or at least doesn't apply to all credits. I ordered a $19.99 game with a $20 credit, and the leftover penny still applied to the next game I bought.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This used to be true, but I think it's changed, or at least doesn't apply to all credits. I ordered a $19.99 game with a $20 credit, and the leftover penny still applied to the next game I bought.[/QUOTE]

The last time I used credit was awhile back, so they may well have changed it. If so, awesome. If I'm at Gamestop with $100 in credit and buy a $40 game, I don't magically lose the other $60. Seemed dumb for Amazon to have it set that way.

[quote name='hashish']I got my $20 credit (for mario galaxy 2), my question is can I used it on hardware? If so can I use it on the Logitech Harmony ps3 adapter? Thanks![/QUOTE]

How do you know you received it? I am not sure if I received my credit yet..

[quote name='flameofdoom666']How do you know you received it? I am not sure if I received my credit yet..[/QUOTE]

Amazon should have emailed you to let you know your credit is in your account.

bread's done
Back