How do you create your create-a-player?

If I have the chance to be whatever I want, I say go as weird as possible, I've already been myself for over two decades, time to be someone new ;)

I come up with characters, and then shuffle them from game to game.

For example, from my N64 Wrestling days, I came up with a character named The Drunken Monkey. He wore all black ninja stuff, an afro and is about 60 years old. His whole concept is that before a match, he gets drunk, gets sweet ninja powers and submission moves and goes out to make his opponents cry. Then he drinks some more and passes out.

And medicare covers everything.

I tend to decide on a class then make the character look appropiate. Not too badass and not like me. More like an overall decent looking guy.

I pretty much try to make my characters an exact duplicate of me. The closest I ever came was in Tiger Woods a few years back. The likeness was absolutely uncanny because of the many customizeable features I had to work with. And I heard that it only got better throughout the years. There was nothing like seeing myself, not just texture mapped with some crappy photo, but as an actual moving character in a game doing crap I'd never be able to do. Pretty badass.

Me? I like to fuck off with character creation. In Fight Night two, it was pretty rad to see Beck Hanson go up against Bald Bull. Or Tom Brokaw. Or Wesley Snipes. Or Tom Green. Or Jesus. Or E.Honda. Ad nauseum.

I closest one for me was in Fight Night round 2.
[quote name='basketkase543']I pretty much try to make my characters an exact duplicate of me. The closest I ever came was in Tiger Woods a few years back. The likeness was absolutely uncanny because of the many customizeable features I had to work with. And I heard that it only got better throughout the years. There was nothing like seeing myself, not just texture mapped with some crappy photo, but as an actual moving character in a game doing crap I'd never be able to do. Pretty badass.[/quote]
QFT

I usually go for close to myself, although I generally don't get too obsessive with it. In NBA Street I did add a good half foot or so to my height however :)

I've got this fetish for black people with white dreaded hair and ice blue eyes I guess... as thats the same guy I always make. The one I made in Def Jam : Fight for NY - was freaking awesome. I loved that game.

Def Jam did indeed rule.

I always create myself. I'm tall enough for basketball (I usually make myself a small forward) and big enough for football (QB, DE, or TE) and wrestling.

I ought to try to take screencaps of my creations one day.

if it's a game where I'm staring the character's backside the whole time, like KOTOR, I go with a woman...and I try not to make her ugly (though create a character engines sometimes inhibit hotness)

usually as weird as possible, but in the case of KOTOR 1 and Def Jam Vendetta 2 I tried to make them fit the look of the game overall.

I generally make the most athestetically pleasing female I can, because -honestly- why the hell would I want to stare at my (or any other guy's) ass for hours on end? The one exception to this in memory is in Oblivion. Everyone's heads looked creepy and lifes too short to be an ugly chick. So I made a male Kajiit. The psycological implications of desiring to stare at a naked female cat humaniod were just to dangerous to risk.

Depends on the game what I do first. All games I make myself about 6' 5" Some games don't let you make your character fat which is sad since we live in the fattest nation in the world. Anyway stuff like boxing, wrestling, I make my guy just like me. In other sports I just go all crazy with myself. Then I start making crazy stuff.

i like to make myself with a few modifications, especially in tiger woods games where the you can just make yourself and experiment with different looks for yourself.

but when im playing with friends or something, we all make weird ass people just to laugh at them.

Depends on the game - in anything but wrestling - I always make hot chicks - 'cause I (and marketing would agree most men) like hot chicks. However in wrestling games I always make celebrities and characters that have no business in the ring - Cliff Claiven, George Clinton, Abe Lincoln, Zombie Abe Lincoln, Space Abe Lincoln, Hunter S. Thompson, etc. Unless I have a cheat for unlimited stats, then it's Brock Sampson

bread's done
Back