How do YOU deal with mosquitos?

karyadi

CAGiversary!
I'm usually awake for an hour or two at night. Leave my Laptop on(play it actually) and watch it get drawn to the light. Then, I assassinate that fuck-ing thing. Yep, things I learned from Assassin's Creed come to play.

They love me and eat me alive if they're around. I seldom get any in the house thankfully.

So I just mainly avoid being outside at dawn or dusk when they're most active, and make sure to use insect repellent if I'm going to be outside at those times, or hiking in the woods etc. I'm not much into outdoorsy stuff anymore anyway.

I was on vacation at Chincoteague, VA awhile back....had to cover up my arms and legs while sleeping as the fuckers down their are brutal! Came home with over 90 bite marks.. :(

[quote name='Soodmeg']I was born with blood that mosquito apparently do not like...I rarely get bit.[/QUOTE]

same. I think I've gotten bitten (with a mark) maybe 3-4 in the last 3 years.

lol All great suggestions, I'm one of those people that they target. Mosquitoes actually notice you from pretty far and mark you. I got bitten at least 20 times over the the past day and a half. I wanna try using bug repellent, any clue how long I take to re-apply?

I dont have a problem with them here. We dont have any standing water bodies anywhere near me so we only get just a few. I just dont leave unscreened doors or windows open and they dont bother me. Good thing to keep them from breeding near your house is to not have places where water stands for days at a time, even like a bowl outside or a water barrell since they will breed in them.

Although we have these little assholes around here in the summer that look like a tiny mosquito, but they have like black and white stripes on them and it hurts like a bitch when they bite you and I get a good sized bump after they do.

when I was a kid, went to another country and they raped me. Got to a point multiple bites in one area and puss would come... I hate em.

I try to remember spraying "off!" repellent. It's alright. Planning on getting a $60 bug zapper. Friend who lives in the boons says it claims to reduce the insect population by 50% within a half mile radius.

When we go up north to my family's lake place, I get bit all the time, but I just shrug it off. I scratch them until I bleed, but it clears up eventually.

Living in MN, you get used to it.

I once took a 10 day river boat trip down the Amazon River and came home with over 200 mosquito bites. I sprayed repellant all over myself, but the stuff was like perfume to those Amazonian mosquitoes. I generally use the Off PowerPad Lamp when I'm going to be outside for awhile.

I read a lot of articles on mosquitoes that refer you to not using a bug zapper and burning one of the candles that give off CO2 aren't that much more effective then burning any candles. I want to buy one of those CO2 traps however. Hope they work!

[quote name='perdition(troy']I explain to them that it is not polite to bite me and usually they stop immediately.[/QUOTE]

thats not even possible. they cant comprehend our language.

yet.

[quote name='pacifickarma'] I sprayed repellant all over myself, but the stuff was like perfume to those Amazonian mosquitoes.[/QUOTE]

Probably because the ones here learn to stay away from repellant, but the backwoods mosquitos there are like "What the fuck is 'repellant'?" and come over to check it out.

we got some sort of "all-natural" spray for ourselves and our 9 month old. It may have had grapefruit oil - it had all sorts of stuff like soybean oil and geranium oil and such. It doesn't seem to work so great though. I suppose you could get some grapefruit essential oil type stuff and put it in an oil burner thingie like incense and try it. I've thought about doing that with citronella because all the citronella oil stuff for repellents have other weird shit in them. Citronella candles do a decent job - may be the smoke from them though. I know a campfire works pretty good though!

My wife said she had read something about eating lots of greens - and she swears that's why she didn't get any when we went camping a couple weeks ago - she had a freakin' parsley green smoothie she made that morning before we left. (I'm sort of gagging just thinking about the parsley smoothies - I can't handle them - I can barely handle the kale ones...) I know if you eat sweets they are more attracted to you and if you have any sweet smelling perfume or fragrance like deodorant or shampoo they are attracted to that.

Yeah it works really well and on other things like ticks as well, just expensive as hell. Actual grapefruit seems to have very little of it though, so I doubt eating it or rubbing it on your skin would help much, need the concentrated extract.

[quote name='Clak']Yeah it works really well and on other things like ticks as well, just expensive as hell. Actual grapefruit seems to have very little of it though, so I doubt eating it or rubbing it on your skin would help much, need the concentrated extract.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that stuff attracts flies or if it kills them as well.

bread's done
Back