How do you get the RDR Deadly Assassin code to work?

SpiderHulkThing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I downloaded the Deadly Assassin code okay for the PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption, but I can't figure out how to actually get the outfit. I've heard that you are supposed to see side missions to complete in the outfits menu. However, I do not see these side missions.

Anyone else have this problem? And how should I go about trying to get the outfit to actually unlock?

The code doesn't actually unlock the outfit-- it just adds it to your list of possible outfits.

It's all pretty simple to unlock-- but some of the elements are story related so you can't rush it. Just play through the game a little bit and it will reveal itself. After you've achieved one of the sub-tasks, the menu will tell you what the other ones are.

Two things: you didn't download anything, because it's already on the disc (read how not to do DLC) and this DLC is VERY buggy. Before starting a game, make sure that the DLC is being recognized as unlocked via triangle on the startup screen. After that, you must pay attention to bounties that are posted at the ranch or Armadillo and wait for the one of Mo Van Barr. This is the most vital part and it's rumored that by not taking it within the first three bounties, it will glitch and no longer be offered ever. Naturally, that means you'll never get the outfit either.

It's not DLC because it was a preorder bonus. It is lame that you have to do an online unlock code, but thats there way of keeping it locked. If they offer it up as paid DLC later, then you can complain about it already being on disc.

I have done a handful of bounties in Armadillo and can't get the one for Mo Van Barr. This is a pretty fucking stupid way to handle a pre-order bonus. If you are going to throw it in there at least have it unlock automatically.

I actually failed a bounty the other night and have yet to see that one show back up. The guy kept having backup show up right as I was about to load him up onto my horse to take back to Armadillo. Knowing my luck it was probably this Mo Van Barr guy you need for the outfit.

Then again, I haven't even used my code for the Assassin's outfit/soundtrack since I can't stand that the fuckin' soundtrack is a download.:bomb:

bread's done
Back