How do you guys feel about Capcom so far ?

I'm pretty content with Capcom as it is right now. Many will treat all the SF4 incarnations as Capcom milking money from us (and yes, they are) but I never found them to be profoundly unreasonable. SF4 to SSF4 was 40 dollars, which I felt added a ton of things that made SF4 in general enjoyable. SSF4 to AE was only 15. If you didn't already buy SSF4, you practically got AE for free if you want to think about it that way. I think we can all complain about SF4 but those that really played SF4 all the way from SF4 to SSF4AE, most will say that AE is a much better experience than what SF4 had when it began. So many characters, the damage isn't horribly high, the game is fun. I mean, did anyone really expect these upgrades to be free?

As for Mega Man Universe... It looked like Mega Man Powered Up Version 2. Granted, it was a good game and the level creation looks like a great idea. But, heck, the game didn't look good. It didn't look fun. Imagine playing any Mega Man game that isn't 2, 3, or 9. All it was going to boil down to is uninspired stages with the same finite rules that won't get anywhere. It would have been cool but it would get boring really fast.

And for Mega Man Legends 3... well, I still hear there's a chance so I wouldn't count that out just yet.

[quote name='Halo05']The no overwriting save files in RE:Mercenaries is a joke. Taking features away is never, ever okay. [/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Capcom lost a sale to me because of this, but it won't stop me from purchasing their other products.

What it has done is make me less likely to make an impulse purchase from Capcom going forward as I'll be scouring reviews first to weed out supporting similar shenannigans with my hard earned dead prime ministers.

I haven't bought a Capcom game in years - SFIV was the last. I hated how they lied to people about DLC being on the disc several years back (was that Lost Planet? I don't even remember now). Their SFIV costume pricing/rollout method was bullshit too.

I don't see myself buying any Capcom games. I realize they're nerd darlings thanks to Street Fighter and Mega Man, but I can't say I have any less ill will towards Capcom than I do Activision. If I get any Capcom games it'll be borrowing them from someone or Goozexing them.

[quote name='Salamando3000']I think all Mega Man is dead talk to be kind of silly. Mega Man 10 came out March of last year. Mega Man Zero Collection came out last year too. [/QUOTE]

Seriously. If we don't see a Megaman game in the next two to three years then then people might actually have a reason to complain. Way too premature at this point.

[quote name='DQT']Seriously. If we don't see a Megaman game in the next two to three years then then people might actually have a reason to complain. Way too premature at this point.[/QUOTE]

Capcom cancelled two Mega Man games and kicked people out of their Comic Con booth for mentioning Mega Man.

I think that's worth being concerned about.

Some of you are fucking idiots. Capcom did not kick anyone out of Comic Con or their booth, that bs as already been reported as false but you keep on spouting that shit. Did you even stop to wonder how they could do this since they don't even run Comic Con? You do know they just have a booth there right? Which they did not remove anyone from who dressing up as Mega Man or talked about it. Way to get trolled.

Many developers cancel games each year, dry you damn tears princess it is not the end of the world, or the end of Mega Man.

As for how I feel about Capcom, they are fine, what they are doing is fine.

[quote name='LostRoad']Some of you are fucking idiots. Capcom did not kick anyone out of Comic Con or their booth, that bs as already been reported as false but you keep on spouting that shit. Did you even stop to wonder how they could do this since they don't even run Comic Con? You do know they just have a booth there right? Which they did not remove anyone from who dressing up as Mega Man or talked about it. Way to get trolled.

Many developers cancel games each year, dry you damn tears princess it is not the end of the world, or the end of Mega Man.

As for how I feel about Capcom, they are fine, what they are doing is fine.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say people got kicked out of the con, just out of their booth, which they are perfectly within their rights to control. As for Capcom's response, I'm sorry I'm not psychic and missed the response postings. I guess I shouldn't believe anything I read on a news site until a few hours or days have passed for them to "update" with correct information, since I don't wanna be "trolled".

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I didn't say people got kicked out of the con, just out of their booth, which they are perfectly within their rights to control. As for Capcom's response, I'm sorry I'm not psychic and missed the response postings. I guess I shouldn't believe anything I read on a news site until a few hours or days have passed for them to "update" with correct information, since I don't wanna be "trolled".[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the rumors originated from 4chan. You were trolled by the best.

[quote name='LostRoad']Some of you are fucking idiots. Capcom did not kick anyone out of Comic Con or their booth, that bs as already been reported as false but you keep on spouting that shit. Did you even stop to wonder how they could do this since they don't even run Comic Con? You do know they just have a booth there right? Which they did not remove anyone from who dressing up as Mega Man or talked about it. Way to get trolled.

As for how I feel about Capcom, they are fine, what they are doing is fine.[/QUOTE]

The reaction to the game being canceled wouldn't of been so bad if they released the prototype version like they promised,but they couldn't even get that out. Instead the fans get a bullshit "Doesn't meet our required criteria" reason.

[quote name='themaster20000']The reaction to the game being canceled wouldn't of been so bad if they released the prototype version like they promised,but they couldn't even get that out. Instead the fans get a bullshit "Doesn't meet our required criteria" reason.[/QUOTE]

More I think about it, more I think the Prototype version's development may have contributed to the cancellation. Early reports indicated the ProtoVer would release alongside the 3DS eshop. When the game was formally cancelled, it still wasn't ready. If it was, I don't think Capcom would've cancelled the game...putting out the ProtoVer would've helped demonstrate the consumer demand more accurately, and would've generated at least some coin....at least more coin than the Mega Man Legends code currently is generating.

[quote name='elessar123']Not enough rage in this thread.

Capcom announced Super Street Fighter IV Arcade 2012.

Carry on.[/QUOTE]

What the hell? :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='giantqtipz']What the hell? :lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol nevermind, it's apparently free. But it is real =P

Last edited by a moderator:
They make good fighting games, and Phoenix Wright is my favorite new series in the last 5+ years (outside of Mass Effect) so can't say I hate them. People are going to pay $40 for fighting game updates every year and Capcom is going to get away with it? More power to them.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']They make good fighting games, and Phoenix Wright is my favorite new series in the last 5+ years (outside of Mass Effect) so can't say I hate them. People are going to pay $40 for fighting game updates every year and Capcom is going to get away with it? More power to them.[/QUOTE]

EA gets away with it for all of their sports games so why not? What they should have done is release a base version of SSFIV and MvC3 and then add 8 new characters every year for like $15 as DLC. Make it an annual thing officially - imagine if they expanded the roster like that and after 5 years there were like 80 characters to choose from? There would be less complaints and people would start to feel like they were getting their money's worth...

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Capcom cancelled two Mega Man games and kicked people out of their Comic Con booth for mentioning Mega Man.

I think that's worth being concerned about.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299623&page=5

A CAG who went to Comic Con said this did not happen. I trust him. I've met and talked to people at the Capcom booth in previous years and don't seem like people who kick people out. The past three Comic Cons have been sold out months in advance. Where would they send the people they supposedly "kicked out?"

Also I don't think people would be kicked out the Capcom booth for mentioning the merchandise they have available for purchase.

http://www.1up.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-capcom-giveaway

[quote name='DQT']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299623&page=5

A CAG who went to Comic Con said this did not happen. I trust him. I've met and talked to people at the Capcom booth in previous years and don't seem like people who kick people out. The past three Comic Cons have been sold out months in advance. Where would they send the people they supposedly "kicked out?"

Also I don't think people would be kicked out the Capcom booth for mentioning the merchandise they have available for purchase.

http://www.1up.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-capcom-giveaway[/QUOTE]

Yes, this has already been pointed out. Should we pass out sticks to beat this horse a bit more?

I've enjoyed Street Fighter IV (bought all versions and some of the costume DLC), some of the Resident Evil games, and Mega Man 9 and 10. Planning to pick up Third Strike Online this month. So I don't have any particular problem with Capcom; I'll buy any games of theirs that I want and stay away from the ones I don't.

I do feel sorry for the Mega Man Legends fans and I do think it was pretty crappy of Capcom to hype up the game and then cancel it. They should have just kept quiet until it was a sure thing. They have to know that this is bad PR for them.

crapcom.png

i love capcom games. its one of the few companies where i can buy a game and know i will enjoy it simply because it came from capcom.

that said, i hate capcom as a company.

[quote name='TheRock88']And they're at it again, this time they're charging people for a demo on the 3DS.

http://kotaku.com/5827958/capcom-is-charging-for-a-3ds-demo

SMH.[/QUOTE]
Square Enix did the same thing for the Dissidia 012 demo on the PSP, so Capcom is hardly alone in this. At least with Dissidia 012, you could use save data from the demo in the game itself, and there was an exclusive unlock; don't know if it's a similar case here.

is that typical kotaku, overblowing things?

it appears to be the first chapter of the game, though they're not sure if they'll release future chapters.

even if it is just the first chapter, what's wrong with paying for it?
if you don't want it, don't pay for it.

lots of demos on the psp are paid as well, at least on the japan side; dissidia 012 was one of them but i remember having a hard time finding free ones.

[quote name='kainzero']is that typical kotaku, overblowing things?

it appears to be the first chapter of the game, though they're not sure if they'll release future chapters.

even if it is just the first chapter, what's wrong with paying for it?
if you don't want it, don't pay for it.[/QUOTE]

It is greedy... Ever since the shareware model, no one really charged for demos though.

[quote name='elessar123']It is greedy... Ever since the shareware model, no one really charged for demos though.[/QUOTE]
in the US.

i also do remember purchasing a couple of discs for $3-$4 full of demos as late as the ps1 era.

[quote name='blueshinra']Square Enix did the same thing for the Dissidia 012 demo on the PSP, so Capcom is hardly alone in this.[/QUOTE]
Capcom already did this themselves with the $5 standalone Dead Rising 2 demo.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Capcom already did this themselves with the $5 standalone Dead Rising 2 demo.[/QUOTE]

Except that was its own thing and not a chunk of DR2's main game. There's an actual DR2 demo, which is free.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Capcom already did this themselves with the $5 standalone Dead Rising 2 demo.[/QUOTE]

That was kinda different though. It was a full prologue to the game using a scenario and characters (and boss) unique to it. It didn't feature any part of DR2's campaign in it.

As far as this is concerned, how many demos are on the 3DS now at all, free or paid?

I just buy what I like from Capcom which these days...isn't much. I'll pick up RE4HD and see if there's anything that throws my muscle memory for a loop.

I love the Monster Hunter home console games but abhor the portable versions...probably because I am forever alone. The PS2 games were dope. Never played Frontier but I'm not exactly interested in picking up an import 360 and dealing with network bullshit just for one game. Monster Hunter Tri was too easy but I'll pick up MHP3HD or whatever it ends up being called on PS3. I do have a huge hard on for all the Monster Hunter design books though.

I'll probably get Layton x PW because I love Layton so much but Phoenix Wright doesn't really do it for me. Maybe I'll pick up Okamiden one of these days but I'm kind of ambivalent towards it. I don't...think there's anything else of there's I give a shit about?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I love Capcom and honestly can't imagine anything they could do that would make me mad.[/QUOTE]
I'm late to this thread but I echo this sentiment. I really don't "keep up" with the latest news on Capcom, but for their contribution to my video game experience, I'll always love them.

The Capcom pre-title and Coin sounds are probably two of the most evocative experiences in gaming (for me), there's something about them that soothe a troubled soul.

[quote name='Javery']EA gets away with it for all of their sports games so why not? What they should have done is release a base version of SSFIV and MvC3 and then add 8 new characters every year for like $15 as DLC. Make it an annual thing officially - imagine if they expanded the roster like that and after 5 years there were like 80 characters to choose from? There would be less complaints and people would start to feel like they were getting their money's worth...[/QUOTE]

Javery nailed it on the head.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Javery nailed it on the head.[/QUOTE]

Not really, EA is bad news, that's no surprise. But now, even the "used to be good" Capcom is no better than those douches at EA. What Jav said is true but I think everyone knows that by now.....

They are completely off my radar.

But I would love it if they made a Monster Hunter for 360 for the US.

And an Okami game on 360 would be nice also.

bread's done
Back