How do you handle insulting trade offers?

dafoomie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
What do you do when someone offers you a rediculously stupid trade (i.e. trying to rip you off) and they know its stupid? On the one hand I'd like to mock and ridicule them for a while, but on the other hand, they're a potential customer and might make a non-dumbass offer at some point in the future.

I might collect all the dumbass offers I've recieved in the last 2 weeks and post them at the bottom of my tradelist, some of them are quite humorous. Cyberlian, I don't mean you, I wasn't insulted by your offer.

It is a little insulting to be offered, say, Turok for Rhapsody. Its as if they went, hmm, this guy looks like a helmet-wearing drooling retard, I'll offer him some Shiny Things and he'll give me whatever I want.

[quote name='dafoomie']What do you do when someone offers you a rediculously stupid trade (i.e. trying to rip you off) and they know its stupid? On the one hand I'd like to mock and ridicule them for a while, but on the other hand, they're a potential customer and might make a non-dumbass offer at some point in the future.

I might collect all the dumbass offers I've recieved in the last 2 weeks and post them at the bottom of my tradelist, some of them are quite humorous. Cyberlian, I don't mean you, I wasn't insulted by your offer.

It is a little insulting to be offered, say, Turok for Rhapsody. Its as if they went, hmm, this guy looks like a helmet-wearing drooling retard, I'll offer him some Shiny Things and he'll give me whatever I want.[/quote]

That's what you get for not listing specifically what you want, I guess. If it was me I'd at least put an expected monetary value of the game next to it in the list. Let them know what you're aiming for in terms of trade quality. Like:

Rhapsody (ebays at $50+, make offers accordingly)

or something.

[quote name='dafoomie']What do you do when someone offers you a rediculously stupid trade (i.e. trying to rip you off) and they know its stupid? On the one hand I'd like to mock and ridicule them for a while, but on the other hand, they're a potential customer and might make a non-dumbass offer at some point in the future.

It is a little insulting to be offered, say, Turok for Rhapsody. Its as if they went, hmm, this guy looks like a helmet-wearing drooling retard, I'll offer him some Shiny Things and he'll give me whatever I want.[/quote]

Thanks for excluding me, I just wanted to see if you were interested before i picked it up a eb (which I did)

I wouldn't say I'm upset about any in particular, but it gets irritating after a while when people that know better try and rip you off.

Thanks for excluding me, I just wanted to see if you were interested before i picked it up a eb (which I did)
Yours was fair, I just wasn't interested. I wanted to make sure you didn't think I meant you since I talked to you today.

eah, I remember when I tried to sell/trade off Thousand Arms. It wasn't (Isn't) in awesome super OMG mint condirtion, but it's complete. I'd get people like "I'll trade you dead to rights for Xbox" or "Since it's not mint, hows 11 shipped?" Needless to say, I still have that Thousand Arms.

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']i know what you mean, i sometimes make stupid offers myself.[/quote]

I second this. I make stupid offers all the time, so I try to be nice about declining stupid ones because it comes back to bite you in the butt when you're mean.

Like a previous poster said, if you don't put down something that you're looking for in return then just politely decline the offer. What you may think as a rediculous offer may not be to other people and also some people may not know that something you're trading for is much more valuable than what they are offering.

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75'][quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']i know what you mean, i sometimes make stupid offers myself.[/quote]

I second this. I make stupid offers all the time, so I try to be nice about declining stupid ones because it comes back to bite you in the butt when you're mean.[/quote]

I like to lowball to see what I can get a game for, but that usually drives people away. Kind of annoying when it's something pretty good too...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Getting angry changes nothing. Just decline the offer and move to the next.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I would do. Dafoomie, I'd still like to see some of the humorous offers you speak of.

bread's done
Back