How do you power your 360 controller?

black rechargeables in white controllers. they were cheap used at EB. I've got a quickcharger too, and a play & charge kit that I've never used.

I'm using the play and charge kit. The quick charge kit looks appealing, too, but if the battery goes out in the middle of an online match, it's probably faster for me to plug a cable into the controller than to swap the batteries. I actually charge mine through the USB port on the front of my cable box to save wear and tear on my 360.

Wired controllers are the best!! They are lighter, have a cheaper price tag ($40), and MS can't con you for more money.:cool: On the other hand i guess i t does kinda spoil the next geness or our beloved 360s, but take the good with the bad i guess. My question is when do you think we wil see something like the PS3 and have built in battery pack. THINK MS THINK!!!!:bomb:

Kind of a noob question but I got my system used so I really don't know.

Whats the thing called where the controller doesnt take regular batteries: it's like a cell phone batter that goes dead after a while and then you can just plug it into the 360 using the usb to charge it back up, thats hte play and charge right?

i used to use rechargeable batteries, but i just got the play and charge kit for $7 after the $10 Walmart's "Oh shit we fucked up" Gift card.
And it's definitely alot better.

play and charge kit, but it's plugged into my Wii because it's always on standby mode and doesn't make a loud buzzing noise when all the system is doing is charging the battery pak.

The quick charge kit pwns. I used a play and charge kit but it takes sooo long to charge and I hated the thought of keeping this fragile, poorly constructed device warm just to charge batteries.

Quick Charge Kit for me, thanks to that MTV2 sale a while back. Ended up costing next-to-nothing and the battery charges quickly, too.

The quick charger+extra battery compared to how many controllers you have is the best route. I never use the play and charge kit, its a good last resort, but stupid, the quick charge kit should have been available at launch.

[quote name='pittpizza']Kind of a noob question but I got my system used so I really don't know.

Whats the thing called where the controller doesnt take regular batteries: it's like a cell phone batter that goes dead after a while and then you can just plug it into the 360 using the usb to charge it back up, thats hte play and charge right?[/quote]

Yeah; that's the Play n Charge kit. FYI, it doesn't have to be just your system; you can plug it into any USB port and charge it up.

I actually have both a wireless and wired controller but I use my wired one more often. I charge the wireless controller with a Play & Charge Kit.

I use recharable AA batteries. It's really the best solution for a household. I have a 15 minute charger and use these batteries in a half dozen things around the house. I always have charged batteries ready to put wher they are needed, and when I have 4 uncharged ones, I can fix that in 15 minutes. I even have several recharganble AAA batteries for those devices.

Regular Batteries... :$

I was going to get the quickcharge kit but my mom said she'd rather me use batteries... I may switch my wii eneloop batteries and use those with the 360...

i scored the black nyko charge kit from dell for $10.xx

best thing ever! if the battery is going dead then switch it out between rounds (or whatever) and usually by the time im done playing the battery is already charged and waiting to be swapped out again....dont know why i stuck with AA's till now....and screw wires!

Used rechargeables for about a year, and then invested in the Quick Charge kit and an extra battery. That way one is always on the charger ready to go. The MS batteries seem to hold a charge longer than the rechargeables ever did and those were newly bought for gaming.

Energizer rechargable batteries. I still havent recharged and its been like 3 weeks. Thats my white controller. My black one im just using regular batteries. I had a play and charge but the rechargable battery with it dosent hold a charge anymore.

I bought a Nyko charge kit from a goodwill and It works good. One of the batteries was broken But hey what do you expect for $6.50?

[quote name='Kromax']Play and charge. My question is when the fuck are they going to come out with a black Play & Charge kit?[/QUOTE]

They've been out. Except, the wire isn't really black. It's grey, the same one they're using in the white PnCs now.

I use two PnCs. One, I have hooked up to the back of the HD drive, the other at my computer. Since the HD drive doesn't charge the controller in standby mode, it doesn't put unneccesary wear on it. Charge one while I'm playing with the other.

Interesting about hooking it up to the Wii, though. May try that with my headset.

Play and Charge for me. Good tips on the Wii and cable box usb ports, I never though of using those and they're both next to my 360 and the drawer I store my controller in. I usually charge with my PC.

Two quick charge kits and eight battery packs. Have two 360's that we use and a ton of controllers. Don't want to be caught with dead batteries in the heat of battle!

Batteries, for the moment.

I was at Circuit City today and found that they had a shelf of packs of 48 AA's clearanced for 7.99

They're probably cheap quality, but even if I have to swap them twice a week, that's three months of power for 8 bucks.

Eventually I'll pick up a play and charge, though.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']They're probably cheap quality, but even if I have to swap them twice a week, that's three months of power for 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Dude, the play and charge kit is more like 3 years of power for $14 bucks.

Methinks you got the short end of the deal here.

[quote name='PyroGamer']5 minute Radioshack rechargeables. Cheaper than play and charge kit, last longer, and work in everything.[/QUOTE]

Considering the battery packs are rechargable AAs, I'd say this has zero merit.

bread's done
Back