How easy is it to redeem a psp(product service plan) @ Best Buy

Cmoore58

CAGiversary!
How does it work exactly? Are they quick to give store credit or do they want to send away for repairs?? I have a DLP that has a buzzing similar to a saw. its very annoying and is becoming more frequent. would they let me exchange with the store credit I have or will they send it off for repairs? Any CAG's have any experience with this?

It will have to be sent off for repairs unless you are still within the 30 day return policy. If it can not be fixed you will get store credit to spend on another TV. If the same TV needs to be serviced more than 3 times you will get an exchange under the no lemon policy.

how long does it take to get a repair back? also when I bought the plan I was told that they will replace it with another. do you know if they ever bend on the policy ?

[quote name='Cmoore58']how long does it take to get a repair back? also when I bought the plan I was told that they will replace it with another. do you know if they ever bend on the policy ?[/QUOTE]

The max repair time is two weeks. If it takes longer than two weeks to repair then you get a credit. It is not a replacement plan, but a service plan so to answer your second question that is not how it works. You will have to fight them tooth and nail most likely to get them to just flat out replace your TV, which will probably not happen. It sounds to me you want a new TV and not the "annoyance" on your existing one fixed. :D

Rodeo- you might be right just alittle. But who knows the problem could be worse than expected. and then the would have to replace. I could only wish. thanks for the clarification.

Depending on the size of the TV they may actually send someone to your house. Call 888 Best Buy (or is it 800??)

Turnaround isn't too bad in most areas (usually less than a week to get someone out, and another week to get parts) . The cool thing is if they don't have a repair facility in your area you get a new product.

bread's done
Back