how gaming is eating my wallet

[quote name='sisco1986']:-({|=[/QUOTE]

The thing of that is that 50 dollar games are to expensive already I only buy maybe 4-5 $50 games a year. Now all games are $60 that just means that I will buy less and depend even more on CAG.

Just bite the bullet and sell off all your backlog that:

A. you KNOW you'll never get too
B. will never go rare

Use the money towards stuff you know you'll play. be a minimalist ass gamer!!! (I was gonna say frugal ass but the acronym didn't have the right ring to it.)

[quote name='Apossum'] (I was gonna say frugal ass but the acronym didn't have the right ring to it.)[/QUOTE]

FRaG!!! It's perfect! Oh. You meant.....never mind.

[quote name='Stoneage']FRaG!!! It's perfect! Oh. You meant.....never mind.[/QUOTE]

yeah, FUaG. it just doesn't sound right :lol:

just dont worry about it. It just means that we are going to buy less games when they first launch and wait for them to drop like 20 bucks to pick them up

As consoles become more complex and companies want to utlize all the tools, bells and whistles at their disposal, development costs will rise. So they're trying to recoup losses by upping the price.

Will that turn off some potential buyers? Probably. But for the AAA titles that are going to sell hundreds of thousands of copies regardless of the price increase, there's little reason not to up the price. As vocal as we CAGers are, we're still a minority in terms of education and cheap-assness. ;)

Cliffy B from Epic games has gone on record to say that in his opinion all games should be 20 bucks at launch. The reasoning behind that is that most people don't even question blowing 20 bones on DVDs and that they could really capture the "impulse-buy" market at that price point. Think about it, if a game came out that you had been looking forward to, you wouldn't think twice about dropping 20 bucks on it at release. At 50 dollars you may wait for a review, and if it comes in a bit lower than you think it should have, you may pass on the game and put that 50 dollars somwhere else.

Hopefully Cliffy can convince the powers that be because I think that he's absolutely right, and I would gladly buy pretty much any game that tickles my fancy on day one if it launched at 20 dollars.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Cliffy B from Epic games has gone on record to say that in his opinion all games should be 20 bucks at launch. The reasoning behind that is that most people don't even question blowing 20 bones on DVDs and that they could really capture the "impulse-buy" market at that price point. Think about it, if a game came out that you had been looking forward to, you wouldn't think twice about dropping 20 bucks on it at release. At 50 dollars you may wait for a review, and if it comes in a bit lower than you think it should have, you may pass on the game and put that 50 dollars somwhere else.

Hopefully Cliffy can convince the powers that be because I think that he's absolutely right, and I would gladly buy pretty much any game that tickles my fancy on day one if it launched at 20 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Cliffy B should be the first one to throw his games out there at that $20 dollar price... too bad he probably wants to eat and enjoys having a house to live in.

[quote name='daedricnekomata']why do they have to jack up the prices already i mean at least keep it at 50 even though that stills kills my dollars[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least punctuation is free. Try it some time. You may find it improves your earning ability.

[quote name='epobirs']Hey, at least punctuation is free. Try it some time. You may find it improves your earning ability.[/QUOTE]

Capitalization helps as well.

I hope EB has some good trade in deals for 360 games like they did for PSP games at launch (trade 3 xb/ps2/gc games get a sony first party title free). However since PSP sony title games were $40, and 360 games are suppose to be $60.00 I can already see how the trade in deals will look "Trade in 7 XB/GC/PS2 games and get a Xbox 360 Game for free, exclusions apply". :cry:

bread's done
Back