How hard did I just get dominated?

dragonsho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
I know this is the bragging rights but it's complete opposite for me. I need to know how bad I missed out.

Yeah so, I was watching this copy of Dracula X SOTN for the Saturn for about 2 days. It ended today at about 7:51. It was complete including spine card.

Here's a link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320152163552

I lost by a dollar and about 5 seconds.

So fellow CAGs, how hard did I just get dominated?

Well, I should have said, what's the average price for this in this condition?

Also, if this is the wrong forum, sorry, just move it.

Has this happened to anyone else, or were you smarter than me and entered a max bid?

Happened to me plenty of times, you actually have to stay on your computer for the last 10 minutes of the auction to stay on top of it. I've lost plenty of auctions by mere dollars. I just make sure I'm home that day and if it's something I really want, I stay on top of it.

If it's something I don't care much about, I enter the max I'd pay for it and go on with life.

that was bad. considering these things sell for around $60 or so used, $100+ brand new.

ive had very similar experiences. and everytime it ends a dollar more than my bid i always have this urge to contact the bidder and offer a dollar more than the high bid. of course i never actually do i just let it go. theres alot of good auctions this weekend that ended below its current value just because everyone is on vacation or at a bbq.

[quote name='dragonsho']I know this is the bragging rights but it's complete opposite for me. I need to know how bad I missed out.

Yeah so, I was watching this copy of Dracula X SOTN for the Saturn for about 2 days. It ended today at about 7:51. It was complete including spine card.

Here's a link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320152163552

I lost by a dollar and about 5 seconds.

So fellow CAGs, how hard did I just get dominated?[/quote]
Don't feel too bad because you didn't actually lose by 1 dollar. The winning bidder could have bid $100 but since the second highest bid was only $37.53, he only had to pay one dollar more. For example, suppose he bid $100 as his max, if you tried bidding $75, you would still have lost since he would then have to pay $76. If his max was like $40, then yeah I guess you did get screwed. But there is no way of knowing how much the top bidder put as his max value so don't feel discouraged.

Most action happens in the last 5 mins to 5 secs. Unless you have the time and net connection to keep on top of it, dont feel bad...go drown your sorrow in a pair of titties.

Hmm... well, that's a pretty good price on the game, but if it makes you feel better, the Saturn version kinda sucks.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... well, that's a pretty good price on the game, but if it makes you feel better, the Saturn version kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]
The slowdown is really what kills it. Still, the bonus features over the PlayStation version make it worth owning.

Complete and in good condition, this game goes for about $60-ish in Japan right now, so yeah... I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks everybody. I know the Saturn version sucks but I just want it for the extra levels. I heard somewhere that the extra levels were on the japanese "Playstation The Best Hits" (somethin like that, similar to GH), can anyone confirm this?

bread's done
Back