How I got my Xbox 360 Elite and many extras for $300

rlm2112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello CAGs!

A little over a year ago I got my Xbox 360 Elite and many extras for $300...Here's how:

It all started when I bought a Joytec 8" PS2 Screen (http://www.buy.com/prod/joytech-play...201610390.html) from Buy.com (stay away if possible, horrible service and shipping times) which was an excellent product but there was a problem with actually mounting it to the PS2. Sony decided to remove the two mounting holes in the back it used to screw on, so after waiting forever for it to come I had two choices: return it...or get out the drill. After i drilled the holes, one side cracked and was kinda fucked, but the screen hid it. MONTHS later I got an email from Buy.com saying that they had become aware of the problem with this product, and were going to send me a new free mounting kit in the mail, and I just needed to reply and say I wanted it. I did just for the hell of it. 2 Months later another email comes, this time from the head of the gaming dept at Buy.com. He explains that they are having trouble getting the kits from the manufacturer, and they are coming from overseas so it could take awhile. 2 Months later (at least they are consistent in their inefficiency) I get another email from them saying they are sending me a WHOLE NEW Screen just for the mounting kit, but I could keep the screen too free of charge. Remember this was over $150 when I bought it, so they were basically giving me $160 free. 2 or 3 months later It arrives, and sure enough it is the complete screen in retail box and a couple cheap metal brackets and screws for the new mounting kit.

So because I mounted the screen myself with actual nuts and bolts, not crappy screws, I had no need for this new monitor. Being a CAG I thought about what I could do with it, and had a great idea. At the time I had an Xbox 360 Pro that I bought off eBay for $300 with 3 games an extra controller, and other extras. Since the elite had come out a couple months later, I really wanted one for the HDMI and extra HDD space, but I was stuck with my crappy used 20 Gig from 2006. So I decided to sell the Xbox with one controller and a free copy of Shadowrun I won from a podcast (not CAGCast) and the Joytec moniter on eBay. I got enough money to buy a new Xbox 360 Elite, and a 64 MB memory card to transfer saves (and to later use for Dead Rising's retarded save system).

So here we go, I got the following for $300 US

Xbox 360 Elite System Console Includes 120GB Hard Drive, HDMI cable with digital Fiber Optic audio adapter, and standard component/composite video cable - $449.99

Xbox 360 64MB Memory Unit - $29.99

Extra Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - $49.99 (extra with first 360)

Microsoft Halo 3 Faceplate Xbox 360 - $29.99
(extra with first 360)

Gears of War - $59.99 (extra with first 360)

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - $59.99 (extra with first 360)

Sonic the Hedgehog - $59.99 (extra with first 360) (never played)

So that's:

+29.99
+49.99
+29.99
+59.99
+59.99
+59.99

= $739.93 worth of stuff that I only payed $300 for!

even if you don't count the games it comes out to $559.96 for $300

What does the CAG community think of my awesome deal?

bread's done
Back