There was no internet.
No Wifi.
No Psn.
No Xbox Live.
No Minecraft.
No Iphone Internet.
No Wii Internet.
No Pc Gaming Online.

I Personally Would Hunt Bill Gates Down >.

You had me at "no internet." I would start sharpening sticks into projectile weapons and learning how to make fire from rubbing sticks together... You know, all that stuff we used to do before the internet made us civilized.

I survived for quite a few years before the internet was around, so after a few solid weeks of withdrawal, I think I'd be ok. More time to play video games and watch movies. My text messaging would increase exponentially, however.

meh as long as there were still phones i'd be good. call up friends who are now in the same situation and go do stuff. throw rocks at dumpsters, see a movie, climb stuff, draw, form a band, learn a martial art, build pillow forts and shoot things at each other, fly rc planes/drive rc cars, build box kites and see how high in the air you can get before saying oh shit and letting go, launch model rockets, paintballing, chill on the couch, play board and word games, play cards, hit on ladies, invent weird recipes that still taste good, float the river, fish, and stuff.

I could live without xbox live if needed as I do have a fair bit of single player games and there is always more to play, but the no internet would kill me for sure. When our net's down here, I already go to the nearest wifi spot I can find just to get in my daily supplement.

I could certainly live longer than I will with all this crap in my life. It would be so awesome to finally be free of all of this nonsense.

I'd be fine without XBL, I didn't renew it in March. Fine without PSN, didn't realize it was down until 10 days into it. It'd be a tough couple of weeks without Internet at first but I'm sure I could adapt. After I moved it took six days for my Internet to be hooked up. the first 3 days were tough but then I had forgotten about it. I guess it helps that AT&T Yahoo! Goes down every 8 mos or so over here where I need to call and have a technician fix the lines; they take about eight days.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I survived for quite a few years before the internet was around, so after a few solid weeks of withdrawal, I think I'd be ok. More time to play video games and watch movies. My text messaging would increase exponentially, however.[/QUOTE]
THIS. I lived 15-17 years before the internet was invented and I have a feeling I could go the rest of my life without it.
[quote name='Javery']I could certainly live longer than I will with all this crap in my life. It would be so awesome to finally be free of all of this nonsense.[/QUOTE]
+1

I actually used to get out and do stuff before the internet and PSN. Now I wanna get home and check my email and play a game online.:roll:

I just spent a week at the beach with my wife and child - no internet! (well we had a blackberry but I never used it.) I did have an ipad with which I played a bit too much Rat on a Skateboard and a few games of Scrabble with my wife.

I havent been on XBox live or PSN for months and havent been on line with Wii since Smash Brother came out so that will have no impact on me. I could easily last a few weeks without internet

I'm 31, most of that shit has been around heavily in my life for less than 10 years. I could give a fuck if it went away.

As much as I love and use the Internet, I would love to see it go down for awhile. I would be completely fine doing other things.

More than anything though, I would love to see all texting services go down. Then people might actually have to talk to each other *gasp*. Seriously though, my cousins send thousands of texts each month as they are addicted to their cell phones. I would love to see texting cut off!

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']As much as I love and use the Internet, I would love to see it go down for awhile. I would be completely fine doing other things.

More than anything though, I would love to see all texting services go down. Then people might actually have to talk to each other *gasp*. Seriously though, my cousins send thousands of texts each month as they are addicted to their cell phones. I would love to see texting cut off![/QUOTE]
:lol:My buddies two oldest nieces were sitting side by side on the couch and were texting each other instead of talking to each other.:roll:

One thing I'd love to see go away though....cell phones.

But only for those distracted fuckers having a full on heavily animated(moving their arms round as they talk, etc) conversation n not paying attention to the damned road.:whistle2:#

[quote name='ChefSmackaHo']There was no internet.
No Wifi.
No Psn.
No Xbox Live.
No Minecraft.
No Iphone Internet.
No Wii Internet.
No Pc Gaming Online.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow'] More than anything though, I would love to see all texting services go down. Then people might actually have to talk to each other *gasp*. Seriously though, my cousins send thousands of texts each month as they are addicted to their cell phones. I would love to see texting cut off![/QUOTE]

I send and receive anywhere between 2,000 to 6,000 texts per month. If I didn't text the people I do, I probably wouldn't talk to them at all. Maybe the occasional Facebook contact, a phone call once a month.

Don't assume that no texting would mean everyone would call people they text. It's a new avenue of communication.

Forever. Internet isn't required to live. :D

I'm pretty addicted to it, but honestly lately I wish I didn't have it at home as I waste too much time on it.

It's pretty necessary for my work though--but not totally. I could go back to go to the library and reading articles there instead of using e-journals, use phone calls and mail to work with colleagues rather than e-mail etc. It would just be a pain in the ass.

Even though it's a pain in the ass, I'd probably actually be more productive since I wouldn't be wasting so much time on forums etc. when I should be working! :D

The online gaming stuff I could definitely do with out. I play a decent amount on Xbox live, but I'm more into single player gaming.

Cell phone internet I'm till doing without as I've never had a smartphone.

[quote name='Rocko']I send and receive anywhere between 2,000 to 6,000 texts per month. If I didn't text the people I do, I probably wouldn't talk to them at all. Maybe the occasional Facebook contact, a phone call once a month.

Don't assume that no texting would mean everyone would call people they text. It's a new avenue of communication.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's just a matter of how much people like to communicate with others in general.

I'm not anti-social or anything, but I don't like to be in constant contact with people. Most friend and family I'm fine just talking to once a week or so. I send a few texts, but usually just for things like meeting up somewhere etc. My life's more focused on work, the girlfriend and chilling with games, movies, books etc. than social outings these days. I'd go nuts if I had friends and family sending me hundreds of texts a week!

I have a Facebook account, but I don't do much with it other than read other people's updates and occasionally comment or send a message to some friends/acquaintances who I don't have a current e-mail or phone number for. I mainly have it for sharing photos with family.

Lol man id go insane with no internet. i have ps3 /360 and soon im going to have to live with out it because i have to attend job corp in the next couple of weeks im new to this forum and appreciate you guys replying to my first topic. but if the net went down id hunt bill gates down!

The interwevs WAS very important to me...almost addiction at one point, but when i saw that I kicked the habbit, went cold turkey for about a month. That sucked, but now i can do without it for as long as need be.
The rest are nice when i need them but no skin off my teeth when they are gone.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']THIS. I lived 15-17 years before the internet was invented and I have a feeling I could go the rest of my life without it.[/QUOTE]

So are we talking before the invention of ARPAET in 1969, or the standardization of TCP/IP in 1982, which allowed the joining of the "nets"? That would make you either 46 or 59.:hot:

I would live, I think life would be some what more better in one way hard to type why just I feel something good would come out of it. I think its more outdoor living and just being outside more

[quote name='MorPhiend']So are we talking before the invention of ARPAET in 1969, or the standardization of TCP/IP in 1982, which allowed the joining of the "nets"? That would make you either 46 or 59.:hot:[/QUOTE]
The internet as most of us know it, which to me wasn't until the early 90's.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The internet as most of us know it, which to me wasn't until the early 90's.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes. The days of GEnie Compuserve, Prodigy and Delphi. Where did they flee to? Well, I understand you still at least have access to the same connection speeds of 1200 baud with your acoustic coupled modem. I'm sure that brings back fond memories. Probably feels like you're still signed up with Compuserve, huh? ;)

[quote name='MorPhiend']Ah, yes. The days of GEnie Compuserve, Prodigy and Delphi. Where did they flee to? Well, I understand you still at least have access to the same connection speeds of 1200 baud with your acoustic coupled modem. I'm sure that brings back fond memories. Probably feels like you're still signed up with Compuserve, huh? ;)[/QUOTE]
Actually I believe I first signed onto the internet on a Packard Bell computer at a friends house via AOL when you were still paying BY THE HOUR.:shock:

But I did try Juno and Prodigy, but I think I cancelled prior to the end of the free trials.;)

Hell. I don't think I woulda stayed with AOL as long as I did once I got my own account if not for them continuing to give me free month after free month for over two years.:lol:

If the death of the internet also resulted in the rebirth of the arcade I think I could live with that.

I've been doing fine without it after time warner fucked me over...

I just miss playing multiplayer and co-op games, playing games just doesnt seem as fun as it was when I was playing them with friends or just chatting a bunch of bullshit while playing them.

I use to do it every year during Christmas break. I would go visit my grandparents in Mexico. There is absolute noting to do out there. It's basically in the middle of no where. No XBL,no phone,no internet,and pretty much nothing.It's usually for two weeks out there. I don't know how I last,especially since I am a teenager. I need video games,internet,and my phone.

[quote name='Gears24']I don't know how I last,especially since I am a teenager. I need video games,internet,and my phone.[/QUOTE]

No, you really don't.

As much as I love the internet I could easily live without it. I would subscribe to a couple of gaming magazines to know wtf is going on. I'd also spend more of my day actually playing video games. Rather than talking about them.

Without the internets, I'd probably focus on my other hobbies (fishing, hunting, target shooting, kayaking, archery, and bladesmithing). Thinking about it a little, that'd probably be a good thing for me.

Guess I'd have to hook up the ol' SNES, Sega CDX, NES, Saturn, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast or N64. Yeah, I think I could survive.

[quote name='ChefSmackaHo']There was no internet.
No Wifi.
No Psn.
No Xbox Live.
No Minecraft.
No Iphone Internet.
No Wii Internet.
No Pc Gaming Online.

[quote name='Rodimus']Guess I'd have to hook up the ol' SNES, Sega CDX, NES, Saturn, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast or N64. Yeah, I think I could survive.[/QUOTE] I would also play the SNES and N64 too!

[quote name='Ed_']I'd be fine without XBL, I didn't renew it in March. Fine without PSN, didn't realize it was down until 10 days into it. It'd be a tough couple of weeks without Internet at first but I'm sure I could adapt. After I moved it took six days for my Internet to be hooked up. the first 3 days were tough but then I had forgotten about it. I guess it helps that AT&T Yahoo! Goes down every 8 mos or so over here where I need to call and have a technician fix the lines; they take about eight days.[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it. AT&T internet is starting to crap out on me. Might need to go get people over here... Might just have to reset the modem!

bread's done
Back