How long did you wait?

Sofa King Kool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
How long did you guys wait to get a Wii? My brother waited about 23 hours. I got lucky; I was only in line for about 3 hours. Half of that was inside the store. I was number 75 out of 81 consoles.

So, yeah, how long did you guys wait?

12:30 PM Saturday to 8 this morning, so roughly 19.5 hours.

I was fifth in line out of 24.

I gloriously beat FFIV.

Only 1.5 hours. I showed up at around 6am and the voucher person was there at 7:30. Got very lucky.

I only waited about 4 and a half hours... guess I'm lucky! I've never been so freakin cold, though... reminded me of when I was a kid and would stay out in the snow until I couldn't feel my extremeties :p

took about 3 hours of running around town finding a line that wasn't full. then I only had to wait a half hour.

Got there at Toys R Us around 1pm on Saturday. Waited there all night. Didn't get in the store till about 12:45am. I was number 44/160.. sooo yeah. There were some sickos there from 6am SATURDAY :whistle2:\

But still. They didn't have THAT many controllers/nunchuks so I lucked out being so close to the front (compared out of 160 people lol)

So I waited about 12 hours. Ugh. But still. Snagged 3 complete controllers, and now I have 6 games (that's including Wii Sports) and I'm set :)

A little more than 12 hours (7:30ish PM Saturday to 8:00 this morning) at the closest Target. #91 out of 120... later #83 since supposedly some people at the front of the line decided to use there Wii money to buy weed??? (wiid...teehee)

20-ish hours...from 1 PM on Saturday til about 8:40 This am (the managers at best buy took pity on us and opened 20 min early). It was freaking COLD outside overnight, but not awful. I was #2, in line, of 63 consoles that they had. They wouldn't tell anyone how many they had over the phone, so I drove about 30 minutes to check. Once I got there, and saw I'd at least have company, I stayed. Great group of people waiting in that line so while it was cold, it was sorta fun, too.

Exhausted now, though.

[quote name='pilferk']Great group of people waiting in that line so while it was cold, it was sorta fun, too.[/quote]

Yeah, I was lucky and got a bunch of really cool people around me. I ended up not needing my DS or my iPod. I had a lot of fun just talking with everybody.

Got to BB about 5 AM and was number 75 in line. They took over 100 people and other people in line were selling their tickets to the soccer moms arriving at 8 AM. It was pretty amusing but damn it was cold out there.

Almost 2 hours... spent waiting to pay (the line was moving slow as fuck). My TRU had a shitload (preordering was pointless), most of which were being scooped up by Mexicans... but at least I finally got mine.

14 hours at Wal-Mart, and I was #4 in line. The top three guys (they were a group of friends) and I joked about how we could have showed up later because the 4th guy didn't show up 'til a couple of hours after that, then the 5th and 6th guys came in a couple of hours after that, but once we hit 6, the line blew up in the afternoon and was at the maximum capacity of 20 once 6 or 7PM struck...then by the end of the night, there were at LEAST 80 people in line (for only 20 units).

5 hours, although this was spent inside EB waiting for midnight so I could get my preorder. I'm a regular there so most of the time was spent BS'ing with the staff working and watching them play Guitar Hero 2 and such.

I waited 2 hours. I got to Target a little before 7. I was number 59 out of 60 when the passed out tickets. They came through gave people free popcorn if they wanted and free coke or sierra mist while we waited.

1 hour was waiting for the line to purchase it.

Then I had to go to CC to get a wiimote, cause they sold out at Target :x

10 hours, my girlfriend and I showed up around 2pm at WalMart, ended up being #18 and 19 in line out of 20.

Very cool line, everything went pretty smoothly, and the people were really cool.

About three hours. I got to BB around 6:30, and I was 38th in line. It was about an hour before the line filled to 60, which was how many they had. The whole thing went pretty smoothly.

I walked into the store the second time TRU did preorders at 11AM and got one...also walked into BB today at 10:30AM and they had the Wii available for purchase.

So basically my wait time was...0 minutes...

I waited an hour and 15 minutes for the preorder (more like 2 hours if you count waiting to get the register and pay) a couple months ago, and 20 minutes to pay and leave the store with my Wii this morning.

Went in a random Game Crazy for the hell of it at 11:30am.

The had one Wii for non-preorders, so I managed to get that. I guess no one bothered to check that place.

Roughly 3.5 hours until I received a ticket at Target (30 out of 60), an additional half hour of waiting for the store to open, and half an hour to purchase.

Maybe I was just inadequately prepared, but did anyone freeze their cheap asses off? I was fine for about 15 minutes, playing a bit of Contact and a couple missions of Trauma Center, but suddenly I couldn't feel my hands. From then on, I huddled inside my jacket and shivered until the store opened.

How long did you wait?

Under three hours. Arrived at the Gamestop preorder morning back in October at about 7:15 A.M. and waited outside the store this morning for less than ten minutes. So, more specifically, about 2 hours and 55 minutes. That makes about 3 hours and 30 minutes total when you add it to the time I waited for my 360 preorder at Midnight last November. Oh, and add zero minutes for my DS Lite.

I'd say I did pretty well in the last twelve months, all things considered.

EDIT: 14 hours at Wal-Mart, and I was #4 in line. The top three guys (they were a group of friends) and I joked about how we could have showed up later because the 4th guy didn't show up 'til a couple of hours after that

But see, at least you've got a mildly amusing anecdote you're sharing with us than a CAPS-filled lament about how you just missed the last spot for a Wii. And that's got to feel pretty good.

[quote name='David85']5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='David85']This is why I didn't buy one.

Why would I buy a system that I have never tried and the controlers might not work right?[/quote]

This may sound absurd, but I'm under the impression that you post merely for attention.

Got to my local Circuit City at 7pm to be 9th in line out of 21 consoles. The line didn't even fill up until around midnight to 1AM so I was pretty safe. Overall, had to wait 12 hours for the vouchers and another 3 so that the store could open.

Compared to the PS3 campout (3 days), this was a cakewalk.

I'm 0 for 3 at different places. The Toys R Us only got 9 in stock. I'm not heart broken, but I wanted to get one today. I'm going to hit a few more places before the day is over.

4 hours Sunday morning. Felt like an idiot because 3 people that showed up 20 minutes before 7 am got tickets.

This was at Target. #20 out of 33 in line.

I didn't sleep all night, and made a last minute decision to get one at 3 am.

[quote name='rabbitt']This may sound absurd, but I'm under the impression that you post merely for attention.[/quote]First, sharp observation.

Second, he's on the ignore list for a reason.

Me and a buddy got to the Wal-Mart in Silsbee, TX around 3:30. We were the first ones there, and no one else even showed up until around 5. At 6 p.m., there were maybe 9 or 10 in line and the store manager handed out vouchers to each of us. We were able to leave as long as we were back by 11:30 p.m. This was a cakewalk compared to the 360 launch.

Three and a half hours. Got there at 5am, the perfect time. Was number 98 out of 120 units. Glad I didn't go any later because I just barely got Twilight Princess. I met some pretty cool people becasue of the guy ahead of me too. :D

bread's done
Back