How long does it take for a GS District Manager to respond? (Story inside) [UPDATE]

Envel

CAGiversary!
Why I need to contact him if anyone cares:

So the Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition for the 360/PS3 was $50 last week. It was reported on CAG I believe so I mentioned it to a GS employee Saturday if he could check the price for me. He did check it (or maybe not) and told me it was still $80. I was surprised but thought I was just unlucky and left. I then read another person saying they got it for $50 so I asked other GS's on Monday and they confirmed it was $50 but they also said the sale ended Sunday.

The Store Manager of the GS I went to at first also said he knew it was $50 but the sale was over. I asked if there was any way he could override the price because I was screwed out of it and he just said no and hung up on me. I called corporate and they gave me my District Managers number and told me they don't see why he wouldn't authorize the override and that I should be fine.

Anyway, I left a voice mail with him Tuesday and tried calling again today and left another. How are they at getting back to you? Should I take my complaint elsewhere?

Update:

I did the whole tellgamestop.com thing and he called me less than an hour later! It is set aside with my name on it and I am getting it for an extra $10 off :bouncy: What makes it even better is that the store manager that denied me and hung up on me is the one who will be handing it to me (that's his shift)

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='steve nash']tellgamestop.com

you dont even need a receipt anymore[/QUOTE]
That sounds like I'll just be giving my opinion and not getting a solution.

I went into a GameStop yesterday where the moderately attractive girl clerk wearing super low pants had a sour (but funny) attitude and didn't really seem to give a shit about anything. Then she dropped something behind the counter and I saw pretty much her whole bare ass when she bent over to pick it up.

I don't want to complain, though. I think she deserves a raise.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I went into a GameStop yesterday where the moderately attractive girl clerk wearing super low pants had a sour (but funny) attitude and didn't really seem to give a shit about anything. Then she dropped something behind the counter and I saw pretty much her whole bare ass when she bent over to pick it up.

I don't want to complain, though. I think she deserves a raise.[/QUOTE]

tellgamestop.com

tumblr_lhpzqbDpEK1qhirk8o1_400.jpg

[quote name='Envel']That sounds like I'll just be giving my opinion and not getting a solution.[/QUOTE]

I've left negative feedback with those forms before and actually been called by the DM to have the situation resolved.

[quote name='sabanoo']I've left negative feedback with those forms before and actually been called by the DM to have the situation resolved.[/QUOTE]

I've done that once too and also had a DM call me. The thing is, they only do it for more serious issues and probably won't respond to something like the OP's situation since it's your words against an employees.

[quote name='Envel']That sounds like I'll just be giving my opinion and not getting a solution.[/QUOTE]

They actually take negative feedback very seriously, and that's the quickest way to get a DM to head to the store.

I've had DMs call me up in response to feedback before (much like sabanoo), so it is definitely the best way to get their attention.

I didn't see the option to have the district manager call me in the non-survey section. Thanks guys :]

In my experience, a day. I wrote a (kind!) letter when they first started the whole case-switching thing and left my number and the manager called the next day. I don't know if he's the DM or just got yelled at by his boss, but he basically said sorry and deal with it. They know now not to switch my cases so I guess it worked. Then he shook my hand and asked if I needed to pre-order anything.

Funny that I saw this thread. I just got off the phone with gamestops 1800 customer service line last night. Had a pretty sour experience at a gamestop I went to and filed a complaint, the guy I spoke to said I would be contacted very soon by a district manager.

Long story short: I wanted to buy something. An associate went in back and told me they had what I was looking for. Then another employee freaked out and said it was on reserve for an employee and that he's been holding it for over a week (which is well beyond their 48 hour hold period). I asked them about that policy and they said tough luck. I'm normally not a squeeky wheel but that got me mad as hell. At least lie to me and tell me a customer reserved it yesterday or something.

[quote name='BannedEpisode']Funny that I saw this thread. I just got off the phone with gamestops 1800 customer service line last night. Had a pretty sour experience at a gamestop I went to and filed a complaint, the guy I spoke to said I would be contacted very soon by a district manager.

Long story short: I wanted to buy something. An associate went in back and told me they had what I was looking for. Then another employee freaked out and said it was on reserve for an employee and that he's been holding it for over a week (which is well beyond their 48 hour hold period). I asked them about that policy and they said tough luck. I'm normally not a squeeky wheel but that got me mad as hell. At least lie to me and tell me a customer reserved it yesterday or something.[/QUOTE] Damn I don't know what I would do in that situation. I'd probably curse them out. What were you looking for? I hope your situation gets resolved. Those douches should be put in their place or fired.

And when I picked up the game I asked if they had any extra Dragon Age 2 Signature Editions and he said no even though the stock locator said yes. I drove 10 minutes and found another GS that had it :) Their stock locator still says yes but where I bought it updated and says out of stock.

[quote name='BannedEpisode']
Long story short: I wanted to buy something. An associate went in back and told me they had what I was looking for. Then another employee freaked out and said it was on reserve for an employee and that he's been holding it for over a week (which is well beyond their 48 hour hold period). I asked them about that policy and they said tough luck. I'm normally not a squeeky wheel but that got me mad as hell. At least lie to me and tell me a customer reserved it yesterday or something.[/QUOTE]

I always hated that crap. When I worked as the ASM at GS I would respond to; "____ has that on hold!" with a "too bad" and I'd sell it. It's not like GS doesn't get restocked. Even with rarer titles if the store sells it inventory will automatically send the store another one.

Also, the feedback "tellgamestop" thing is SUPER important to DM's. Not only is it something that's tracked weekly like subscription sales and reserves, it has a direct influence on the DM's pay and raises. It's just about the only thing that can sour a DM's morning. Each store has a certain number of surveys they have to get and the number of good surveys is crucial to the DM.

A manager, while I was working, got fired for doing his own surveys; the LP guys were tracking IP addresses on that noise. It's ridiculous how much value is put on those surveys.

That's why, if you go into a crappy GS, you'll notice the staff won't mention the survey on the receipt.

bread's done
Back