How long does USPS priority mail take?

Mishimaryu

Banned
Bought something on ebay all it says it that Electronic Shipping Info Received was received on the 16th (USPS). It's Tuesday, still no tracking updated. The seller is from the same state also. Beginning to feel suspicious since I never had priority mail take this long... :roll:

[quote name='Survivalism']You've never had it take three days?[/QUOTE]

3 days without any update on tracking? Hell no, actually that's 4 days now!

[quote name='Mishimaryu']3 days without any update on tracking? Hell no, actually that's 4 days now![/QUOTE]

99.9% chance a worker tossed the game someplace (instead of the shipping bag)

2 of my last 10 games got lost ...

even with tracking and insurance the post office will tell you to piss off if they lose your item

They WILL come up with any reason not to pay the claim

Sometimes if it's a smaller seller, they may wait till they get a bunch of packages to send out, rather than making a trip for every single item they sell.

That's my educated guess anyway. But then again it IS the USPS we're talking about here, so with them ANY amount of fuckups are possible.:lol:

Just because the electronic info was received on the 16th doesn't mean it was shipped on the 16th. It shows that the info has been received as soon as they purchase a label through paypal, but they can take days to just ship it out. Almost every package I mail gets to their destination within 3 days (not including Sundays) once it's in USPS's hands

Give it a few more days. I doubt he'd pay for the label if he didn't plan on shipping it out, and worst case you are covered by ebay/paypal's buyer protection (assuming you followed the steps to qualify)

I can't speak to the fact that it's been four days, but usually when I ship stuff, I'll buy the label through paypal and send it with the postman the same day. Even sending it out the same, usually it just says "electronic shipping info received" for a day or two. Then on the third day, the rest of the tracking info shows up.

Give it a few more days before doing anything. Priority mail is usually 2-3 days AFTER shipment, not when electronic shipping info is received. Of course, priority mail is not guaranteed 2-3 day shipment, that's just the average shipping time.

They probably created the label and never physically shipped it out.

That or they lie to you and shipped it media mail or something slower.

Also, item location is not always accurate since some people just do the listing and it ships elsewhere.

It could be any number of these things and more.

If it goes much longer just contact he seller and ask wtf!

bread's done
Back