How long until DS arrives in US in a different color?

^ Bingo.

I would say Nintendo would announce new colors right after Christmas and that they would come out March - May 2007

[quote name='David85']Because the Wii might not be white.[/QUOTE]

The number of jokes that could be made with this setup....

[quote name='Strell']The number of jokes that could be made with this setup....[/quote]
Yes. And I was hoping you were going to supply us with the funny.

And it most definitely is going to be white. There will probably be other colors, but since Nintendo likes to screw North America in that regard, we'll never get them. Or at least not for a few months / a year.

[quote name='David85']Because the Wii might not be white.[/QUOTE]

Mine is white.

Or purple.

Depending on occassion.

I've heard those of darker shades creates insatiable thirsts wherein which is created a situation that my own wii - regardless of color - would no longer be desired by those of the opposite sex.

[quote name='yukine']Yes. And I was hoping you were going to supply us with the funny.

And it most definitely is going to be white. There will probably be other colors, but since Nintendo likes to screw North America in that regard, we'll never get them. Or at least not for a few months / a year.[/quote]

At least Nintendo provides us with a color choice, even if it's not the colors we'd like...Sony only releases their cool colors in Japan.

Here's what I think... they'll release the colors that we really want at the end of the Lite's life (either by another revision or the successor to the DS). Until then, they'll keep giving us other colors that aren't as nice during the holidays.

Why? Black is an easily popular choice. If they release that now then most people will get what they want. So instead they'll probably just keep releasing less popular colors like Blue and Red to get more sales. And when all looks done for... BAM!! Black finally arrives!

I'm happy with white, it's freakin' nice as hell and won't show fingerprints as much as other colors.

[quote name='Strell']The number of jokes that could be made with this setup....[/QUOTE]

I heard the black Wii is bigger than the rest.

I have to say the white is a lot nicer than I would've expected. I'd be 100% fine with it, but I am a bit jealous that the UK and Japan has other options. But at least white has the psychological effect of making the screen stand out.

I think it would be cool if they released it in candy apple red.

Anyway, I suspect we'll see new colors at year's end. How long did it take them to do other colors for DS Phat here in the USA?

-HM

I think the original DS launched in platinum and electric blue, or electric blue was introduced shortly after launch. And that was pretty much it. Then the Nintendogs Teal/Pink Salmon bundle came out almost two years later followed by the red Mario Kart DS bundle. But all those colors were shortlived and only in bundles.

[quote name='espy605']I think the original DS launched in platinum and electric blue, or electric blue was introduced shortly after launch. And that was pretty much it. Then the Nintendogs Teal/Pink Salmon bundle came out almost two years later followed by the red Mario Kart DS bundle. But all those colors were shortlived and only in bundles.[/QUOTE]

Close.

The electric blue version came 5-6 months after or so. Teal/Pink came out with Nintendogs, which came out about a year after launch. Same with the Red Mario Kart bundle.

2 years for the DS will be November of this year.

So history says 5-6 months after launch, which places it squarely in November/December.

So yeah, it seems right they'd have it out for the holidays. It's long enough so they can get mileage out of the white, and not piss us off too much (which would surely be the case if they released new colors in say, July).

-HM

I went to E3 this year and there's actually 3 different colors for Wii. I believe its black. sky blue, and white. Therefore you'll find some corresponding DS Lite colors and a few other varieties.

bread's done
Back