How many games do you still have wrapped & not played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chi.bri']Well if you have 0 games unopened then I think there is something wrong with you. I thought most CAGs would have at least one, since this is a deals site and a good deal is so hard to pass up sometimes.
Thanx everyone for your votes, it's been an interesting discussion so far.[/quote]
No, we just have self control. Some of us can pass up a good deal if we already have enough games to play.

139 at last count (some are multiple copies). I tend to keep them sealed until I want to play it, then I see what they are selling for online, and then buy a opened one if I can get it for under $4 shipped (and keep the sealed one sealed). I have a problem.

I had 11 sealed copies of FF7, but I am down to one sealed copy. I think I have a couple of sealed SOTN, but I had 6. I still have 15 Parappa the Rapper sealed and 4 or 5 medievil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to be in the 20's - now i'm down to about 8 or so...been REALLY concentrating on taking it one game at a time lately. I've even returned a few games that I got good deals on because I knew I wouldn't get around to playing them in 2008.

I also thought the nine was a bit funny.

I'm sitting at 52 unopened of 79. Just haven't gotten around to playing them. Always working to make more money. There's lots of movies out there to be had. Buying video games takes second priority over movies.

I think I should start a new poll and see how many games people have not played. Seems as though there are quite a few out there in the hundreds.

I think I've just got 1 that is still in the plastic: The World Ends With You (DS).

Like many other CAGs though, I still have a ton of games that I haven't played yet (many bought used or traded). Probably around 15-20, if you count 360, Wii, and all last-gen games. :/ At times I tell myself that I'm not buying another game until I finish what I have, but that never works out, haha.

There's always that pressure to buy what just came out, what everyone else is playing at the time. Sometimes it's worth it--to be able to have fun with your friends in full servers. Somehow it feels more meaningful (at least to me) to play/beat a game right when it comes out. And I don't really know why. A lot of times though, you're better off just waiting for a price-drop or until you're ready to actually play the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have hundreds, but mostly older games now I am looking to clear out. I recently went through and decided if I wasn't going to play them, I am going to get rid of them.

For the ones I intend on playing someday, I have:

PS2

Rygar
Sly Cooper 1 & 2
Jak 3
Front Mission 4

XBox

Max Payne 2
Knights of the Old Republic 2

PSP

The Warriors
Metal Gear Acid 2

DS

Hotel Dusk
Apollo Justice

Dozens. If I had to put a number on it I'd guess 75. PSX, PS2, PSP, GBA, DS, GameCube, and Wii.

I just buy games a lot faster than I can play them. I hardly played any games for like a five year period during and after college. When I got back into the hobby I kind of went hog wild buying games that I had missed during that time. Plus, most of my backlog is 40+ hour JRPGs, which doesn't help me catch up any faster. I do honestly intend to open and play them all... eventually.

My best/worst achievement is owning like 10 PSP games even though I have yet to buy the system. :roll: At least I've restrained myself from buying any PS3/360 games so far.

If I'm not going to play a game, I don't buy it. I have better things to waste my money on.

Buying a game before you're going to play it is just plain stupid, as games are almost always depreciating over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back