How many NO-DOZ can I take in an hour and not die?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I don't drink coffee or soda so that's out. I've got a bottle of no-doz here in the office and I just took 2 but I'm still getting sleepy. The bottle says 1 every 3-4 hours is recommended. How many do you think is safe?

You could just keep going until you pass out, and then attempt to remember how many you took and call that the event horizon.

/joking, joking

[quote name='Strell']You could just keep going until you pass out, and then attempt to remember how many you took and call that the event horizon.

/joking, joking[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea - that way next time I'll know to take one less than the number it takes before I pass out... hmmm.... the prospect of getting mouth-to-mouth from the 300lb. cleaning lady on the night shift roaming the halls though makes me think I should try this when there's more people here.... :D

I recommend drinking www.bawls.com most counter strikers i know love this drink for all night LAN parties. last time i took no doz i got very sick so i wouldn't recommend thoose to anyone except truckers

[quote name='Odenat']I recommend drinking www.bawls.com most counter strikers i know love this drink for all night LAN parties. last time i took no doz i got very sick so i wouldn't recommend thoose to anyone except truckers[/QUOTE]

Isn't anything made with guarana illegal now because of the whole ephedra thing? I'd just pop some ripped fuel or something if they still made that shit with ephedra - now that gets the ticker pumping!

Well http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Profs/PUarticles/caffeine.htm says
Those who take these preparations without reducing their regular caffeine intake from other sources may risk developing what has been termed "caffeinism" which is caused by toxic levels of caffeine. The symptoms include nausea, diarrhoea, indigestion, irregular heartbeat and respiration, light-headedness, jitteriness and frequent urination.1 These symptoms may also develop in those not habitually exposed to caffeine who ingest a moderate dose.
Of concern to you in particular may be the part about diarrhoea...

[quote name='neocisco']There's always crystal meth.:lol:[/QUOTE]

You forgot 8-ball.

You might be getting sleepy cause you took so many at once and you body is about to pass out. I am probably wrong but anything is possible.

[quote name='JSweeney']Well, here's how many sodas/colas/pops it would take to kill you via caffine toxicity.

http://www.punkasspunk.com/caffeine.php[/QUOTE]

Damn... 400.24 cans of coke does the job. They say a no-doz has same amount of caffine but I doubt I'd make it ot the 3rd bottle of pills if I downed them all at once.:D

OK, I just took 3 in one gulp and I'm starting to shake and i made a ton fo typos in theis post. I don't want to die but I do want to stay awake plus they kind of make me feel good.

I got that caffinated gum on Monday, two pieces and I felt like my head was going to explode, so you may want to try that.

Start drinking the energy drinks - Red Bull, Full Throttle, Monster, etc. I like Monster the best personally. If you wanna taste candy go for Full Throttle. That stuff tastes like liquid Smarties.

Man, this weekend I washed down some chipotle with some sugar-free red bull. I usually never touch the stuff, lets just say my whole system reacted :shock:

[quote name='jaykrue']Start drinking the energy drinks - Red Bull, Full Throttle, Monster, etc. I like Monster the best personally. If you wanna taste candy go for Full Throttle. That stuff tastes like liquid Smarties.[/QUOTE]My sister likes to put grenadine in her red bull. She's been leaving the vodka out lately though. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My sister likes to put grenadine in her red bull. She's been leaving the vodka out lately though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ewww. That's too sweet. It's like putting sugar on top of candy. :puke:

[quote name='jaykrue']Ewww. That's too sweet. It's like putting sugar on top of candy. :puke:[/QUOTE]I wouldn't know, I've never tried red bull. And I don't know anyone who actually likes the taste straight up. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wouldn't know, I've never tried red bull. And I don't know anyone who actually likes the taste straight up. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I like it... just not in huge quantities. Monster is my drink of choice and while having a similar taste to Red Bull, I can drink it in more quantities. It's probably cuz I built a tolerance to the taste from too much clubbin'. :lol:

There's more caffeine in coffee so go with that before you go for the Redbull. And as far as that No Doz stuff goes .. be careful. In a drunken stupor (I guess I was trying to party into the morning) I decided to take like 6 Yellow Jackets at once. Worst idea of my life. I was in agony. It felt like glass shards were running through my veins and I couldnt get to sleep for 2 days no matter how hard I tried. I also had random convulsions for a day or two. I really should've gone to the hospital but being the broke/stupid college student I was at the time I decided to wait it out. Everything worked out ok in the end but I learned my lesson.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think javeryh is just doing the NoDoz so he'll crap quicker. More time spent on the throne with the PSP. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

So so so true. I pop the pill and in 20 minutes or less I'm playing HSG or Zelda on the crapper...

i took to many nodoz while crammin for a test my stomach started to hurt. Screwed up my test takin finished quick and went home and passed out.

When I had to drive across country in a short amount of time, I stupidly took 7 at once.
About an hour later I got dizzy and had to stop at a rest stop.
15 minutes later I spewed for about 5ish hours straight with barely enough time in between each to breath. I was in the hospital for about 5 days.
I couldn't speak due to damage to my throat for almost 2 weeks. Needless to say, it sucked and I would not recommend it to anyone. I was pretty much caffeine free att so my tolerance was super low .
Don't screw with teh no-doz, its not worth it.

I hate caffeine--it makes me sick more than it keeps me awake. I went on a gaming binge this summer with Metal Gear Solid 2, and decided to "play it like a pro." I picked up a six-pack of those 24-oz Mountain Dew bottles and a big bag of Cheetos...isn't that what you gamers like for all-night marathons? After two of the bottles in like three hours, I was shaking uncontrollably and sick to my stomach.
Just drink a lot of water, that usually does well enough for me (and I only get about four hours of sleep a night).

I drink a lot of coffee and I have a pretty high tolerance to caffeine. on the rare occasion that I need a no-doz, i take 1 or 2. any more than that will make you so twitchy that you can't work or sick as hell.

edit: oops, you asked that a year ago....

four no-doz, three sudaphed, two tylenol, and a sandwhich. We know what the no-doz is for, the sudaphed heightens its effects, while the tylenol will stretch it out. The sandwhich is dual purpose: a buffer, cuz this combo will wreck an empty stomach, or it'll at least be something to hurl should the feeling rise.

you can achieve the same effect with more natural ingredients. Like Grapefruit juice, a Peanut Butter sandwich, and Ginko Biloba. Try taking that with the no-Doz. (Take 300-400 mg of caffiene, you'll get toxic side effects if you go much higher)

Grapefruit juice lowers the body's ability to breakdown caffiene, removing any tolerance and extending the effects. Ginko increase circulation to the brain, causing the increased blood flow to go where you want it. Something in you stomach (PB sammich) slows down the digestion of the other ingredients, plus I just like peanut butter.

bread's done
Back